General Unemployment rising in Aussie

BiggerD

BiggerD

Love your Avatar Matiunz… "Don't forget to bring a Towell" :p

Yeah Booze in Aussie is expensive compared to NZ
I work in the wine industry & get freebies of top red & white wines.

I am a qualified Wine Snob (WSET2) qualified

Dont drink much beer, except during happy hours at my local pub.. $5 a Schooner compared to $7.50 AUD a schooner normal time

Power is cheeper than NZ.. that surprises me

Rent a studio apartment in Newtown Sydney.. $260 a week... 8km from Sydney CBD
Compared to Auckland thats good

I am a permanent casual worker $450 to $1000 a week in the hand.
Casual jobs seem the norm now.
Work 15 hours to 40 hours a week..depending on buying forecasts

Rest of my free time is gaming .. Plan to set TWITCH setup soon for extra revenue.
Gaming live.

Last edited:
BiggerD

BiggerD

Wow how are you getting a place in Newtown for that price? I’m in Summer Hill paying double that lol

Just luck.. I actually live in Camperdown next to RPA
RPA is probably one of the best Hospitals in Australia.
You go there, lots of youngish Doctors & Nurses running around.. very professional & kind staff

Lots of old single fellas over 65s , live in the studios around me.
You learn a lot from them & discover that life is an adventure

They are cool, except most support Souths :wtf:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: matiunz and bruce
WA supporter

WA supporter

Contributor
Whilst I live in WA if it helps with comparisons,these are my expenses The house I live in(Perth),I payed $110k plus $7k in stamp duty in 2001. I have a 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms. About 170sm,600 sm lot. Rentals are about depending on local of course is between $350-450 for a 4x2. My utilities are 2 monthly,gas(hot water and stove)$160,electricity 3 monthly $220. Mobile $60 including overseas call,internet $90,Foxtel$39. All this monthly. Got cheap deal on Foxtel 2 years ago,normally $50 including sports. Read someone posting earlier paying $60 a kilo for ribeye?, Fuck me,they saw you coming. Rib eye at my butchers is $34 a kilo It’s not cheap I know,but just comparing apples to apples. I have 2 of my whanau living with,they pay $110 pw including power etc. I’m not out to make money just covering costs. Petrol tomorrow is $1.21.7 at the local Woolies servo,tho on Tuesday it will rise to $1.55,something to do with price cycle?? Don’t ask me! I’m on a carers pension,tho I’m only 58. I care for one of the whanau. He played a game of chicken with a Holden Ute with his 1000cc motorbike and came of 2nd best! I receive 50% discount on car rego $447 pa. 50% discount on rates $850 pa,50% off water rates. And numerous other discounts from other places. Diesel is $141 a litre. My cousin drinks beer,whatever’s cheapest. Brought him a block of 500ml cans this arvo for $44. Don’t know how that compares? My pension pays me $1050 a fortnight. Again,I’m only comparing apples with apples. I’m luckier than most I guess as I have property in The Hibiscus Coast, north of Auckland. Post earlier claims to be paying 3xs rent in Sydney than Wellington. I find that hard to believe that he’s?im guessing they are a he? I have a niece who lives in Stokes Valley,Wellington. Not Miramar or Khandalla,who pays $475 rent for a 50’s state house. Again the original poster is right,I think,in suggesting that things are slowing down East and Western Australia. Personally I wouldn’t be suggesting anyone plan on moving over here anytime soon. I think the boat has sailed. Only my opinion,but from what people tell me that,yes,life is better here than home. But anywhere is what you make it......I hope this has helped someone👌🏽