• No

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • I have personal experience of UFOs

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Scrambling peoples technology goes back to definitely WW2, and maybe before, I see that as definitely capable of advanced world powers like the US, China and Russia. Recently an American destroyer was sent to the Black sea for a bit of shit stirring. When approached by a Russian jet all the Destroyers targeting computers suddenly closed down. The Destroyer was last seen fucking off at a great rate of knots.

What complicates matters regarding UFOs is the rate of human advances, often secret, that occur. A lot of the development flights by stealth aircraft were reported as UFOs before the planes were made public. Swedish radar have monitored something flying over Russia at several times the speed of sound. UFO, maybe, but the Americans admit that Russia is working on technology that reduces drag on an aircraft, thus making them able to go far faster without using prohibitive amounts of fuel. They also admit the Russians are way ahead of them in this. The Russians of course say nothing.

If a nation state has these vehicles would they risk playing silly buggers around sensitive sites like nuclear facilities within another nation's borders or weapon systems. I doubt it, surely you would want to protect that technology.

Another possibility that springs to mind is it being operated by a multi national corporation, which has no allegiance to any country. There is an abundant choice of private military contractors to provide the expertise to operate them tactically and strategically.

Maybe the aliens are preferable, although preferably Mork than the Klingons or Borg.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Have a read of Stephen Kings "Under the Dome"

Says it all.
Good yarn that. The tv series was crap compared to the Novel as is the pattern with these things.

Real theoretical physics regarding the nature of reality is even more out there than a lot of science fiction.

We could all be a simulation, a hologram being projected from the surface of a black hole....cue Interstellar, the tiny man on a book shelf....based on this theoretical idea.

String theory and the multi verse....more crazy science.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Scrambling peoples technology goes back to definitely WW2, and maybe before, I see that as definitely capable of advanced world powers like the US, China and Russia. Recently an American destroyer was sent to the Black sea for a bit of shit stirring. When approached by a Russian jet all the Destroyers targeting computers suddenly closed down. The Destroyer was last seen fucking off at a great rate of knots.

What complicates matters regarding UFOs is the rate of human advances, often secret, that occur. A lot of the development flights by stealth aircraft were reported as UFOs before the planes were made public. Swedish radar have monitored something flying over Russia at several times the speed of sound. UFO, maybe, but the Americans admit that Russia is working on technology that reduces drag on an aircraft, thus making them able to go far faster without using prohibitive amounts of fuel. They also admit the Russians are way ahead of them in this. The Russians of course say nothing.

If a nation state has these vehicles would they risk playing silly buggers around sensitive sites like nuclear facilities within another nation's borders or weapon systems. I doubt it, surely you would want to protect that technology.

Another possibility that springs to mind is it being operated by a multi national corporation, which has no allegiance to any country. There is an abundant choice of private military contractors to provide the expertise to operate them tactically and strategically.

Maybe the aliens are preferable, although preferably Mork than the Klingons or Borg.
I met a Russian space craft designer, a long time ago. Well they were a former designer.

Pure coincidence how that came about. They were able to prove their past job in that field was the truth. Only because it was verified by their family and members of the Russian consulate.....to help a shrink rule out delusions in that case.

The Russians at the time were not shy about having an inter planetary space craft program, they were still trying to worry the US and the west with their advancements in the space race.

You meet the strangest people if you work in Mental health, you meet a version of every man....because as people are increasingly aware now, any type of person from any life can get mentally unwell.

Also, there are rare cases where the person due to broken English and an incredibly unbelievable life story, gets labelled as potentially nuts.

These things do happen. Throw in some extreme stress and a lack of sleep...and someone like that can end up in a hospital being closely monitored briefly to rule out a diagnosis.

Sounds scary, being falsely held for assessment, but I look back on that forty eight hours as the system showing it works when good people are prepared to listen and look into someones story without ruling it out....I digress....every time someone mentions Russia and spacecraft’s I remember that case.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
The best Russian Designer story I heard was when the inventor of the AK 47, Kalashnikov, went to America and met the Designer of the American M16 assault rifle. The American said that they dropped each M16 off a 20 foot wall onto concrete and made sure it worked.

Kalashnikov replied that in the Soviet Union they would drop the Designer off a 20 foot wall if the rifle didn't work.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I met a Russian space craft designer, a long time ago. Well they were a former designer.

Pure coincidence how that came about. They were able to prove their past job in that field was the truth. Only because it was verified by their family and members of the Russian consulate.....to help a shrink rule out delusions in that case.

The Russians at the time were not shy about having an inter planetary space craft program, they were still trying to worry the US and the west with their advancements in the space race.

You meet the strangest people if you work in Mental health, you meet a version of every man....because as people are increasingly aware now, any type of person from any life can get mentally unwell.

Also, there are rare cases where the person due to broken English and an incredibly unbelievable life story, gets labelled as potentially nuts.

These things do happen. Throw in some extreme stress and a lack of sleep...and someone like that can end up in a hospital being closely monitored briefly to rule out a diagnosis.

Sounds scary, being falsely held for assessment, but I look back on that forty eight hours as the system showing it works when good people are prepared to listen and look into someones story without ruling it out....I digress....every time someone mentions Russia and spacecraft’s I remember that case.
i knew a nasa spacecraft engineer in NZ, maybe he should have been in your wards, but im pretty sure he would have been to out there for you to deal with. honestly liked to wear his shorts on backwards.
Totally harmless though, except with the death ray machines he built for the US govt

Reactions: Sup42

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
with UFO sightings becoming prevalent in the 20 century, there is so much to consider that is often ignored in these arguments.

For me the first is that once upon a time, it would have been attributed to gods, miracles etc. Or just accused of being a nutter. Then they talk about how its always in the west these things happen, but a lot of non western cultures are more reticent to talk about strange happenings, due to government issues etc.
and this feeds into the next issue, the development of tech that allows people to record what happens - a dodgy video camera is better than an eyeball when talking about ufos.

An example i had was while on the far end of a golf course one day, just out by myself i saw a strange colourful shape in the sky. There was literally no one around me i could tell, everyone else was at work, or just somewhere i couldnt get to them. I had an old flip phone with a really dodgy camera. I zoomed in and took a photo. Which i still have somewhere. Turned out i saw the very rare Australia Borealis. Now with out a photo no one would have every believed my description. With it, people worked with me to work out what it was.

My point is that even an old dodgy pic can change a ufo into an identified whatever, but without it who is going to believe you. As tech has developed so has sightings.

TLDR As tech has developed so has sightings.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
with UFO sightings becoming prevalent in the 20 century, there is so much to consider that is often ignored in these arguments.

For me the first is that once upon a time, it would have been attributed to gods, miracles etc. Or just accused of being a nutter. Then they talk about how its always in the west these things happen, but a lot of non western cultures are more reticent to talk about strange happenings, due to government issues etc.
and this feeds into the next issue, the development of tech that allows people to record what happens - a dodgy video camera is better than an eyeball when talking about ufos.

An example i had was while on the far end of a golf course one day, just out by myself i saw a strange colourful shape in the sky. There was literally no one around me i could tell, everyone else was at work, or just somewhere i couldnt get to them. I had an old flip phone with a really dodgy camera. I zoomed in and took a photo. Which i still have somewhere. Turned out i saw the very rare Australia Borealis. Now with out a photo no one would have every believed my description. With it, people worked with me to work out what it was.

My point is that even an old dodgy pic can change a ufo into an identified whatever, but without it who is going to believe you. As tech has developed so has sightings.

TLDR As tech has developed so has sightings.
Very cool story, thanks for sharing.

Funny how these things often times happen when you are on your own.

There is short story in there somewhere, about how man is no longer alone, thanks to his little tech companion in his pocket.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Pretty much comes down to Aliens then.

They think it is Alien and cannot specify that it is extraterrestrial.

Well that is the assumption by elimination that you are left with after looking at that.

Crudely, they have just confirmed that it does not fit with anything on earth known or even hinted at within the noise in the global intelligence community.

140 plus incidents, that is a lot of weather balloons....too many to have a improbable explanation like sensor errors or human error, or atmospheric phenomena.

They are real. And probably Alien.

Last edited:

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Pretty much comes down to Aliens then.

They think it is Alien and cannot specify that it is extraterrestrial.

Well that is the assumption by elimination that you are left with after looking at that.

Crudely, they have just confirmed that it does not fit with anything on earth known or even hinted at within the noise in the global intelligence community.

140 plus incidents, that is a lot of weather balloons....too many to have a improbable explanation like sensor errors or human error, or atmospheric phenomena.

They are real. And probably Alien.
Saturday night in the home of the brave and land of the free.

Alien central and that's without heading down South.

Reactions: Sup42

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Looks like we'll never have full disclosure in our lifetime then, if there's anything to disclose. Who knows if that's a good or bad thing.

Reactions: Noitall

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Looks like we'll never have full disclosure in our lifetime then, if there's anything to disclose. Who knows if that's a good or bad thing.

The bottom line is we don't know.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
It is looking increasingly likely that we will find out soon enough.

Things are happening on our own planet in our own backyard.

I think we will find out.

The main reason is we are no longer ignoring them and pretending they are not there.

The US at least have in their way, granted the grown ups permission to look into it without being laughed at or committed.

Reactions: Rizzah and Noitall

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
So much in history has been held back by religion, ideology, pseudo science. Really it is a fear of the unknown. We are scared of other life really because they might be like us.

If you were Alien would you be comfortable with revealing yourself in some parts of the US for example, especially if you had been observing how we treat each other. Can you just imagine some of these disgusting preachers raising fear and money over the aliens. Then you have the Politicians and media doing the same.

There is a case for saying any alien life form with intelligence wouldn't touch us with a 20 foot bargepole.. My hope is if true they are here after nuclear energy was used, their plan is to save all life on earth, really we as humans are the problem

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
They’re called drones these days. I’m thinking of getting one.
Don't buy one of these drones.

You will wake up in Area 51, Kapustin Yar Russia or Chinese territory in the Gobi desert with some spooks taping your eyelids open and a spotlight in your retinas.

"Veer did zyou get dis Drone Kiwi man? Veer?! farking mach 17 and 12 G's zee size of F16.....tell me again you bought on Ebay Baushka and I cut your peepee off with metal file"

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings