• No

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I have personal experience of UFOs

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Weren’t those along with the ‘face’ debunked years ago as an optical illusion? Seen other angles and it’s a pile of rocks
Yeah I remember that one from the early days of fake news, bus found on moon, boy eats own foot, aliens turned our son into a fish finger

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Yeah I remember that one from the early days of fake news, bus found on moon, boy eats own foot, aliens turned our son into a fish finger

The funny thing is if you look at anything from a certain angle it looks like a bunch of rocks.

Try standing one foot away from the Sphinx, it looks like a wall of rock.

I am of course using an over simplification.

There is that sunken structure off the coast of Japan, large stone shapes of stairways etc that convention archaeology has ruled is a natural feature and not a sunken city.

I actually think they are wrong, but since I am not the expert, I am happy to go along with their explanation at face value and also have a personal feeling that perhaps they are wrong.

I also do not think the Pyramids and Sphinx are Alien, I think we are arrogant in thinking that because we cannot do something, people who came before us couldn’t have know more on a subject.

Absolute rubbish,

At one time people all over the world had unique science of their own and engineering which is why there are these pyramids across more than one continent. And why people in the UK and Europe could move bloody big stones.

People in Easter Island could do it ffs....

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Weren’t those along with the ‘face’ debunked years ago as an optical illusion? Seen other angles and it’s a pile of rocks
Yeah I saw that, it was compelling as an argument.

But we are too quick to dismiss things and look for the simplest explanation sometimes.

Funny thing is, we accept these images we have of a black hole, and they give you the impression that they were photographed in the conventional sense by some super powerful lense.

When in reality they are like an artistic impression of radio frequency waves.

Therefore, when the project discovers that their image somewhat disappointingly has no surprises....no special new physical properties...that it looks like what is described by people like Hawking....they really are running the risk of making shit look like what they thought it should.

I did listen to a break down of how thorough they were, knowing full well they needed to avoid this mistake, and it sounded totally legit and impressive....so ultimately I am a believer.

I must say, it was a life time dream come true the day they released the images.

I always assumed I would never see a singularity....well in a funny way I still havent since light cannot escape it...what we are looking at is the acretion disc around the singularity and the actual black hole...which isn't actually a hole at all...is the black nothing in the middle...the hole in the doughnut.

Last edited:

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
For many years it was accepted scientific fact that humans crossed the land bridge between Alaska and Siberia no more than 13,000 years ago, then migrated down North and South America. People who disputed that were ridiculed and had careers and lives ruined.

Now with DNA, satellites and ground radar, and other new scientific methods they now know that in fact it may have been 10 times longer, easily enough time for civilisations to rise and fall and only exist as fables in human recollection. The most famous of which is Atlantis.

One of the insidious effects of colonialism is the non acceptance of indigenous cultures skills and technologies, The Polynesians were incredible sailors and Navigators who ranged widely in dangerous seas with no land features to show the way. Yet they had no written language or the wheel..

My point is that civilisations can evolve to a high level in different ways without having what other equal societies have. Equally just as new technologies are found others are lost. For instance, how much knowledge was lost when shipping transitioned from Wind to Steam.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
For many years it was accepted scientific fact that humans crossed the land bridge between Alaska and Siberia no more than 13,000 years ago, then migrated down North and South America. People who disputed that were ridiculed and had careers and lives ruined.

Now with DNA, satellites and ground radar, and other new scientific methods they now know that in fact it may have been 10 times longer, easily enough time for civilisations to rise and fall and only exist as fables in human recollection. The most famous of which is Atlantis.

One of the insidious effects of colonialism is the non acceptance of indigenous cultures skills and technologies, The Polynesians were incredible sailors and Navigators who ranged widely in dangerous seas with no land features to show the way. Yet they had no written language or the wheel..

My point is that civilisations can evolve to a high level in different ways without having what other equal societies have. Equally just as new technologies are found others are lost. For instance, how much knowledge was lost when shipping transitioned from Wind to Steam.
Good post and so true.

Look how much science and engineering was lost after the decline of the Roman empire between what's known as the dark ages until the middle ages.

An example closer to home is the loss to the Maori of ocean sailing Waka technology. They didn't need large double hulled canoes as they weren't going anywhere.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Good post and so true.

Look how much science and engineering was lost after the decline of the Roman empire between what's known as the dark ages until the middle ages.

An example closer to home is the loss to the Maori of ocean sailing Waka technology. They didn't need large double hulled canoes as they weren't going anywhere.

The pace of technological advance is incredible, unfortunately often the driver for the speed is war. Roy Chadwick designed the Lancaster bomber of WW2. Less than 10 years later he had designed the Vulcan bomber.

Personally I think we need to get away from oil based fuels, nuclear is the way at the moment. I understand the dangers but here is a parallel. The first reactors were built in the early 1950's. Comparing say car technology we are looking at the Morris Minor, look at modern cars and how reliable and they are.

As henry David Thoreau said 'Some men see things which are and wonder why, I see things that never were and say, why not'

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
I didn’t know until just recently that Steven Spielberg and George Lucas used to spoof each other in some of their movies. In a scene of the Republican Senate in Episode 1: The Phantom Menace, relatives from Spielberg’s ET alien can be seen voting.

8E6E76FB-A4F5-4DD6-B12E-CE649D4BAAF2.jpeg

Sky Waka

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2017
When I was in my late teens and living in Te Atatu, I looked out the back window where there's a park and I saw something small and metallic making erratic movements before it made a perfect half circle, froze then vanished.

This was in the daytime.

Don't know what the F that was. I don't think it was something of this world.

Anyone who's skeptical should watch the movie The Fourth Kind starring Milla Jovovich. She appears at the start as herself to tell you you're about to see some F'd up shit.

It's a true story from Nome, Alaska and it's part re-enactment part actual footage.

• Love
Reactions: Sup42

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
It's a true story from Nome, Alaska and it's part re-enactment part actual footage.
Freaky movie but entirely fiction unfortunately- it’s ‘real’ in the same way Blair Witch project is ‘real’- ‘actual footage’ actress has credits on IMDb

Reactions: Sup42

Sky Waka

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2017
Freaky movie but entirely fiction unfortunately- it’s ‘real’ in the same way Blair Witch project is ‘real’- ‘actual footage’ actress has credits on IMDb

I just read on the movies IMDb pages FAQs.

The trailer states the story is based on actual case studies but did not specify any. It also goes on to say Universal Pictures faked articules to make it appear it was based on real events.

So maybe not true true but show biz true. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story as they say.

The truth is out there.

Attachments

• 82a6d0770aeaafbae8f26bf40a822b9b79a5c412.png
    82a6d0770aeaafbae8f26bf40a822b9b79a5c412.png
    457.8 KB · Views: 5

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Can't remember where I saw this, on a movie or tv show but 1 guy asked another would you rather sleep with Dana Scully or Gillian Anderson.

They both agreed on Scully because of all the built up sexual energy.
She still looked pretty good in that series Sex Education

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I nearly didn't watch this when the guy opened with my alien abduction story....it turns out he was not being literal.

I’m not ready to believe in abductions, many can be explained by sleep paralysis...so called night terrors.

Not saying I isn’t possible someone has been 'taken' by Aliens, just admitting that I do not believe it, and wont believe it until I see proof...people are such unreliable witnesses.

I want Cameras or an Alien technology slipped into someones pocket...of gtfo.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
I nearly didn't watch this when the guy opened with my alien abduction story....it turns out he was not being literal.

I’m not ready to believe in abductions, many can be explained by sleep paralysis...so called night terrors.

Not saying I isn’t possible someone has been 'taken' by Aliens, just admitting that I do not believe it, and wont believe it until I see proof...people are such unreliable witnesses.

I want Cameras or an Alien technology slipped into someones pocket...of gtfo.

I don't think the Aliens slip their technology into your pocket Sup. Might be somewhere else?