General UFC

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
Just watched grover teixeira smash Anthony smith. Poor bastard said to his corner my teeth are falling out, they weren't bothered and sent him back out there for some more.
Just watched grover teixeira smash Anthony smith. Poor bastard said to his corner my teeth are falling out, they weren't bothered and sent him back out there for some more.
Yeah, felt sorry as fuck for him, something had to be done when he got off the stool and just covered up

Reactions: Noitall

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Yeah, felt sorry as fuck for him, something had to be done when he got off the stool and just covered up
Just shows how different fighters cope with different styles. Smith arguably should have beat Jon jones, though jones should have lost his last few on points. Smith couldn't cope with the heavy hands of teixeira.

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Big fight today for kiwi fight fans.

NZ's Dan "The Hangman" Hooker is taking on former lightweight interim champ & arguably the divisions best boxer, Dustin "The Diamond" Poirier. (3pm)

Poirier (No.3 ranked LW) is easily the highest caliber opponent Hooker (No.5 ranked lightweight) has faced in his UFC career thus far & this is great opportunity for The Hangman to well & truly establish himself as one of the lightweight divisions elite fighters.

It's a hell of a task for Hooker though, Poirier is a beast with excellent technical MMA boxing & arguably the heaviest hands in the division, he has a KO victory over current LW interim champ Justin Gaethje & his only loss in the last 4 or so years came in his LW title fight against the Dagestani destroyer, UFC superstar & current LW champ, Khabib "The Eagle" Nurmagomedov.

I'll be looking for Hooker to utilize his considerable height & reach advantage to pick Poirier apart from the outside with his sharp jab & calf/leg kicks, but we''ll soon know if Poirier doesn't respect Hooker's power, because if he doesn't, he'll start wading in to try & take Hooker's head off.

Should be a mean as scrap, nervous as for Hooker though, Poirier is a very tough legit elite veteran with seriously heavy hands.

I'm also looking forward to the Co-Main between Platinum Mike Perry & Mickey Gall, Gall's claim to fame is being the dude who exposed CM Punk (Phil Brooks) in his first UFC bout & Perry is a hard as nails straight up banger with extremely heavy hands.

I love watching Perry, he's pure entertainment, even in his interviews, the dude is legit crazy, just to give an idea of how crazy ??? ... Perry recently let his coaching staff/corner go & has replaced them with his new girlfriend who will be the only one cornering him for this bout.

And her role according to Platinum is to "sit there & look beautiful" & to "help Daddy feel like a champ inside"

That's fuck'n nuts & I love it lol.

Last edited:

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Finally put aside my bias for boxing and watched some UFC, mainly female fighters.

Gave it a fair go this time...watched four fights.

From a stand up pov Grappling is incredibly boring to watch.

Although I do understand the mechanics of what I am looking at even though I know nothing about the art.

Came away thinking its not for me, but I did have a much better understanding of the sport.

It is professional street fighting, that’s what happens in the street, you wrestle .

I don’t think of it as sport, but I do see the participants as pro athletes, who are technically really high trained... it is hard to explain....but in the vein that boxing if you think about it is also not really a sport, it is just fighting with rules.

Last edited:

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Finally put aside my bias for boxing and watched some UFC, mainly female fighters.

Gave it a fair go this time...watched four fights.

From a stand up pov Grappling is incredibly boring to watch.

Although I do understand the mechanics of what I am looking at even though I know nothing about the art.

Came away thinking its not for me, but I did have a much better understanding of the sport.

It is professional street fighting, that’s what happens in the street, you wrestle .

I don’t think of it as sport, but I do see the participants as pro athletes, who are technically really high trained... it is hard to explain....but in the vein that boxing if you think about it is also not really a sport, it is just fighting with rules.
Good stuff!

I used to be the same but then I started to appreciate the grappling, bjj, wrestling game the more I watched and understood things.

Try watching the first Forest Griffin vs Stephan Bonner fight, that was the one that sucked me in. Made UFC more mainstream as well.

It’s similar in a way to watching Mayweather fights, I know he’s so technical and a defensive genius but because i don’t appreciate those things I find it boring to watch.

Reactions: Sup42 and Big_Fattz

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
As well as Griffin vs Bonnar from the first TUF Finale. The firs Shogun vs Dan Henderson fight from UFC 139. The fist non title fight main event when they moved to 5 rounds.

Reactions: Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Thanks for the fight recommendations lads, I will do some homework and watch on Sunday.

Just to add to that experience, I think I need to watch a fight or fighter that is at the top of the Grappling world in the history of UFC to really make sure I am not just dismissing that aspect of the viewing experience. Don’t get me wrong, I know it is a serious skill set, I think it would help to watch a master.

Thoughts on a male and female best Grappler to watch?

I always watch female athletes in contact sports, because it gives you a very clear look at technique instead of power and size.

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
Thanks for the fight recommendations lads, I will do some homework and watch on Sunday.

Just to add to that experience, I think I need to watch a fight or fighter that is at the top of the Grappling world in the history of UFC to really make sure I am not just dismissing that aspect of the viewing experience. Don’t get me wrong, I know it is a serious skill set, I think it would help to watch a master.

Thoughts on a male and female best Grappler to watch?

I always watch female athletes in contact sports, because it gives you a very clear look at technique instead of power and size.
Khabib or Unman for male grapplers
Sean O'Malley for swagger
Israel Adesanya for swagger and the NZ connection
Francis Ngannou for scary power

I find you need to invest a bit of time following the story of the fighters and you tend to get hooked quickly.

Reactions: snake77 and Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Try watching the first Forest Griffin vs Stephan Bonner fight, that was the one that sucked me in. Made UFC more mainstream as well.
Wow what a fight! Gee reminded me of Herns Haggler round one...and the commentary made that comparison too.
I have to say I was stunned by the result though, I thought Bonner did way more work and landed a lot more. Must be very different scoring with the take downs.

As well as Griffin vs Bonnar from the first TUF Finale. The firs Shogun vs Dan Henderson fight from UFC 139. The fist non title fight main event when they moved to 5 rounds.
Another great fight. Very even. Massive hit in round three, amazing how Shogun turned it around after the ground and pound on the floor in that sequence by working to lock up Hendersons leg....then the very next round the script reverses...an on it went, constant changing of dominance. Really enjoyable too.
Watch these two then.

Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk

One of the best fights I have ever watched.
Gee what do you say....best fight for shots landed Ive seen in a long time, and part of that is the lack of self preservation, the other is the insane hand speed and combinations thrown.

Wow I think I enjoyed this the most, part of it is how female fighters really can surprise you, I mean you know they are good, but shit sometimes its just off the charts, because they just go for it.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
UFC 125 and 136. Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard are good fights.

Pride 25 and Bushido 6 Fedor Emelianenko vs Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira (1 and 3) are interesting fights. The first one the crazy Russian doing the opposite of everyone expected working in the BJJ masters guard.

Japanese MMA is a bit different to watch at first with it being in a ring and a 10 minute first round. Also the soccer kicks to the head instead of elbows to the ground. It is good to watch though with it being different. Change of rules and can be more of a show with entrances.

Reactions: Sup42

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
Robert Whittaker vs Darren Till is on in 20 minutes

Robert Whittaker is a K1W1 living in Aussie.. so we will have to cheer Mr Whittaker on

Whittaker (20-5) has not fought since dropping the middleweight title to Israel Adesanya at UFC 243 last October.
The New Zealand-born Australia resident was on a nine-fight winning streak prior to that and had held gold since 2017. Whittaker, 29, was the first Aussie to win a UFC title.

Till (18-2-1) moved up to middleweight from welterweight and beat Kelvin Gastelum at UFC 244 last November. The England native had lost two straight before that, to Jorge Masvidal and Tyron Woodley in a welterweight title bout. Till, 27, was undefeated before falling to Woodley.

ROBBIE the REAPER WINS

Last edited:

Upcoming Match

Wests Tigers Sydney Cricket Ground Rate Match

Last Game

31 Jul

26 - 20
6.7 Total Avg Rating
6.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings