1. Just a note that the site will be down for a few hours today (18th February). This is due to a migration of the site to another server in preparation for a major upgrade. Some users may not see any downtime at all, really depends on your Internet Service Provider. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Player Tyler Slade

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by ForTheLoveOfGod, Dec 12, 2018.

1. ForTheLoveOfGod
    Join:
    Sep 5, 2017

ForTheLoveOfGod 1st Grade Fringe

What everybody's view of this young kid. He seems to be highly rated in terms of work ethic and has a very mature head. on him How about his playing ability? Is he an NRL player of the future at the warriors? does he have star potential? I have heard some comparisons to Simon Mannering being thrown around about this kid. Does he have any attacking play to his football as well?

2. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Tell us more

3. Navigator
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Navigator 1st Grade Fringe

He got the NYC player of the year in 2017,

4. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

LOL was just coming on here to start this thread. Thanks for saving me the effort.

Second year running for Tyler Slade receiving this award...

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

5. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Where is he from?

6. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay Warriors 5th Grader

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

7. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

razzrillinger 1st Grade Fringe

Looks a bit like Dale Finucane.

That Pirtek ball with those colours had me worried that he was associated with the Eels.

8. Trugoy
    Join:
    Apr 3, 2016

Trugoy 1st Grade Fringe

Looks like a humble young man.
    Anymore info on him at all?

9. playdaball
    Join:
    Apr 23, 2012

playdaball Heritage Member

Ellerslie Eagles ... speaks well.

10. Tony Martin
    Join:
    Jun 4, 2016

Tony Martin 1st Grade Fringe

Hardworking middle. Don’t think he has played anywhere else other than Lock for our juniors. Very hard trainer. Not the biggest bloke going around. Reminds me a lot of David Bhana. Hopefully his career doesn’t end up the same

11. Centurion
    Join:
    Oct 14, 2015

Centurion 1st Grade Fringe

He's known for his work ethic. Tackles all day, nothing special on attack. As has been said, alot like Simon except much smaller. His lack of size his biggest downfall. Can be found out when big middles run at him. Have seen it a few times at local club and JFlegg levels.

That said he's a good kid, with leadership qualities. I just dont know his best position - too slow for hooker.

He didn't play for any big footy school and came thru the grades at Ellerslie as has been already mentioned.

NRL potential would not be high IMHO.

12. WellingtonOrca
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2012

WellingtonOrca 1st Grade Fringe

13. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Those guys are needed in a squad as backup and to lift the standard at training. The club has had enough lazy rock stars in the past.

14. TheCool
    Join:
    Jul 18, 2013

TheCool 1st Grade Fringe

I like the Mannering comparisons. He's around 6'2 now, so by the time he fills out he will play a very similar style to Mannering. IMO this kid is a very special defensive player. Both in making reads and making game changing hits in a similar way to Matt Gillett.

On attack his game seems pretty limited to carting the ball forward and aggressive hit ups. His athleticism makes me think he will expand this part of his game. He's already starting to show it by running lines and hitting holes. Definitely more naturally athletic than someone like Mannering. But I don't think he will ever be a ball playing second rower type player.

He's definitely not a small kid either like some have said on here, he's tall and becoming well built - genuine lock/second row size. Forget about any Jazz comparisons because they are way off the mark.

I know he's been earmarked as future first grade captain material as well with this being his second first grade preseason.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  15. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

AusWarriorsFan 1st Grade Fringe

If hes another 80 minutes playboy, sign it, more Papali'is to take over from watch your Mannerings the better. No more slow mo 2000s Warriors. Fast and furious forwards only. 80 minutes long with a NOS button on their side.