Podcast TWL/Fonzie - Ep 26

Think you guys summed it up how most of us felt this past season - including the players. Just one thing I don't totally agree with is that the 3rd year the covid thing shouldn't have had an impact, they should've come to terms with it etc etc.
Most of us got to spend the last 3 years with family and extended family, neighbour's, our communities & even these have changed over that time. Still, we got to choose who we spent time with, socialized with & so on - I can't imagine what it would be like to spend the bulk of that time holed up with who are essentially work colleagues.
Anyway, I'm excited about Webby - I've heard he is intelligent, understands the game, good communicator, and has a sense of humour...I reckon he'll have the measure of his assistants and he'll run the show in his own way. Mooks had 3 of those things, Stacey limited in some of them, Brown had none imo.
Looking forward to the new regime in 2023, go the Warriors!

Reactions: Fonzie
Think you guys summed it up how most of us felt this past season - including the players. Just one thing I don't totally agree with is that the 3rd year the covid thing shouldn't have had an impact, they should've come to terms with it etc etc.
Most of us got to spend the last 3 years with family and extended family, neighbour's, our communities & even these have changed over that time. Still, we got to choose who we spent time with, socialized with & so on - I can't imagine what it would be like to spend the bulk of that time holed up with who are essentially work colleagues.
Anyway, I'm excited about Webby - I've heard he is intelligent, understands the game, good communicator, and has a sense of humour...I reckon he'll have the measure of his assistants and he'll run the show in his own way. Mooks had 3 of those things, Stacey limited in some of them, Brown had none imo.
Looking forward to the new regime in 2023, go the Warriors!
Point well taken mate. Which one didn’t Mooks have 😂?

• Haha
Reactions: Juno
Um, you know...
unfortunately across a team not all of them have those attributes either.
Great bloke, hope he continues to share what he has to offer in the game somehow

great episode - didn't realise I was jonesing for it until it popped up in the feed - great slop, as they say. Next year, I'm hoping for a 2011 vibe (as opposed to the 2010 type Will mentioned), a team which gels, is more than its parts, AND gets some reward on the back of it. Carazy, I know.

Good summary of a shit year. I had tried to forget some of the crap we served up under brownie thanks for reminding me. It's cathartic to hear someone else go through it. One thing that amazed me was how brown got zero shit when he quit, the Aussie media just concentrated on how great he would be in another role, no words about how he just took a shit team and made them even shitter or the fact that he has probably one of the worst coaching records in history,.......I hope he goes well in another role but he wasted another year+ for us. I have hope for Webster but I fear that no matter how good he is the self absorbed fool above him is going to keep sabotaging our progress.
Keep the faith!