Podcast TWL 23 Ep1 - Webby

Tonbridge (Swanley)

Tonbridge (Swanley)

Very good listen.

Love he mentioned Round 6, which is part of Warriors folklore!

Starting to get excited.

Reactions: Fonzie
Tragic

Tragic

Contributor
Well done boys, the preparation must have been good, you had some great questions. Webbys answer on the use of hookers was great, no pre-planned stuff, gotta play what the game deals - I am getting excited about what he can bring us. The only thing that can stop us now is the Mohawk effect.

the borg

Good stuff guys... good listen.. at least theres clear answers to the questions, no umms, arrrs and the process etc.. I share Wellys concern about defence and Morgan, maybe Webby sees something we cant.. but stats speak quite loudly..
I was hoping a question about game smarts would be asked, it can be hard to talk about without offending people. But opportunities to win or close out games have gone begging in the past..
Overall though refreshing to listen to ... hope you guys get him back by round 6 to get his view on progress and where he believes the teams at...
Cheers fellas ..

wizards rage

wizards rage

Great listen.

Interesting hearing the emphasis on possession. Something the Walker brothers were preaching over a decade ago when the game was still fixated on completion. Was great to hear him break that down.

I liked his comments on defence too. Always prescribed to the Wayne Bennett mantra of defence winning Premierships. He's got his work cut out for him with our Morgan led defence being the worst of the comp and bottom 5 for the last few years.

Cleary has taught him well. His comment on player types (big, fit and fast) is straight out of Ivans playbook. You look at players like Sam Rapira and Ben Matulino. Not the biggest blokes but their 40 metre times were insane for props and was what made them successful at gaining metres.

Was a pleasure to listen to but Im not getting my hopes up just yet. Still going to need to see the results on the board first. Webster touched on it but the easiest indicator of his influence will be the effort put in. Pride. If I see that even in the losses I'll begin to believe. Until then he's just another Matt Elliott silver tongued peddler. Harsh but this coaching merry go round we have had since 2012 has broken this poor man...
Agree about the emphasis on possession and the insight to why it’s so important.

I was always a lover of all sports but really got hooked on the Warriors around 2008 when Steve Price was on radio sport every Monday breaking down the game with how and why things were happening. He had the same down to earth way of explaining things that the fans can relate to as Webster.

Great podcast.