General Tv Shows - Whats Everyone Watching?

Dixpat

Dixpat

In Andy we (have to) trust
Contributor
There is a 3 part doco on TVNZ+ The Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty

I think the program Geoff Public refers to is on CNN+ and can be downloaded from TPB

Last edited:
Reactions: Worried2Death

Lenrat

I have the same sentiments as you. I haven't finished the series yet but am yet to be hooked.

I don't want to sound like a nostalgic grump that can't accept change, I wasn't around for the release of the Original Trilogy at the movies (my childhood did consist of regular visits to the video store to rent them), but I've found pretty much every release I've watched with the Star Wars branding on it since the awful hack job of the Special Editions in the late 90s has done its bit to erode the magic of the originals, including the tone of its characters and it's impossible to feel that it all holds together in the same universe. Seeing stuff in Andor like the surveillance person munching on a box of noodles that look like they were bought from a Westfield shopping mall and the design of those transports that look like old fashioned trams I just found too earth looking. Those stupid vespas in Book of Boba Fett were a travesty.

I find the OT so alien. The peril, the triumphs, the costumes, the whimsy, not having to explain the fantasy through a science lens all add to the magic.

The Mandalorian is the one exception where I've felt they've got it right for the most part for those that feel the way I do, Its characters such as Greef Karga and Moff Giddeon have been handled very well and it does very much feel like it's the backdrop to the events after Return of the Jedi. Cara Dune had swagger (a shame they had to write the character out) and Grogu has added the whimsy, mystery and comic relief perfectly. The simplicity of the stories, such as the episode the jawa sandcrawler and the events in the ice cave with the passenger protecting her eggs just feel right. Throw in the glimpse of an x-wing or an AT-AT and it caps it off well.

Things have been derailed somewhat with the unnecessary return of Boba Fett which simply didn't need to happen, but I do look forward to season 3.
I hear you. Wars has gone by the wayside big time.

So lazy seeing the Rebels in Andor using ****’s….um……try & at least disguise it a little bit.

Still can’t get over how they turned Fett into a total wuss. If he’s riding one of those Vespa‘s in Season 2 then I’m out 😂

Reactions: jonesy101
jonesy101

jonesy101

I hear you. Wars has gone by the wayside big time.

So lazy seeing the Rebels in Andor using ****’s….um……try & at least disguise it a little bit.

Still can’t get over how they turned Fett into a total wuss. If he’s riding one of those Vespa‘s in Season 2 then I’m out 😂
They did get some parts right in book of Boba Fett:

• Haha
Reactions: Lenrat
Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor
Watching the Chumpster entertaining the faithful. What a waste of oxygen this murdering prick is. Hope Bruce is busy elsewhere.
Actually sounds really ill . I mean Trump not Bruce.

Selector

Tulsa King starring Sylvester Stallone looks to be a good show with potential. Available on TVNZ plus in NZ and Paramount plus in Aus. One episode has been released so far.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Rose tinted glasses there mate. 2015 Panthers blow our Warriors out of the water

Panthers 2015 U20 Grand Final Team​

1 Brent Naden (c)
2 Fuimanu Enese
3 Robert Jennings
4 Maliko Filino
5 Dylan Edwards
6 Tyrone May
7 Jarome Luai
8 Oliver Clark
9 Soni Luke (c)
10 Moses Leota
11 James Fisher-Harris
12 Corey Harawira-Naera
13 Reed Izzard

14 Kaide Ellis
15 Thomson Tuigimala
16 Paea Pua
17 Jake Ennis

Warriors 2010 U20 Grand Final Team
1 Glen Fisiahi
2 Omar Slaimankel
3 Sosaia Feki
4 Siuatonga Likiliki
5 Elijah Niko
6 Carlos Tuimavave
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Neccrom Areaiiti
9 Henry Chang Ting
10 Mark Ioane
11 Matt Robinson
12 Elijah Taylor
13 Sebastian Ikahihifo

14 Nafe Seluini
15 Charlie Gubb
16 Sam Lousi
17 Daniel Palavi

And according to this article it was the Warriors 2011 team that was GOAT

Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor
atm TV is yuk & sky is woeful but

I'm watching for Stickman . He's coming to Rotovegas soon in a Pak n Save delivery truck. It's going to be mighty

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

Not as good as the first Knives Out but I do love those Poirot , Agatha Christie type things
Mate of mine has a lad who is a trainee pilot with a budget airline. He doesn’t get a full working week with them so fills his time in working in the office of a company that serves private jets. Showed me a photo the other week of his lad with Daniel Craig who jetted out on a Netflix liveried plane

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Glass Onion on Netflix. Thoroughly enjoyed it
Enjoyed it so I watched twice just to catch everything I missed. Good watch. I wonder if Ed Norton is still difficult to work with?

A movie I just watched on Netflix and had no idea existed was The Prestige with Hugh Jackman. Gotta be one of my favourite movies now. No idea how I missed that one when it released and how I have never even heard of it before. Thought it was brilliant...

Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Enjoyed it so I watched twice just to catch everything I missed. Good watch. I wonder if Ed Norton is still difficult to work with?

A movie I just watched on Netflix and had no idea existed was The Prestige with Hugh Jackman. Gotta be one of my favourite movies now. No idea how I missed that one when it released and how I have never even heard of it before. Thought it was brilliant...
The Prestige is one of my favourite movies. I had a phase many years ago of showing it to people and impressing them. I never get tired of watching it.