General Tv Shows - Whats Everyone Watching?

Mr Frank White

Contributor
I love it how networks are not insisting on the Americanisation of all accents now, but hearing a Kiwi is pretty weird.

When Frankie Adams appeared on The Expanse, I found it cringy as hell and equated it to bad acting. A few episodes later and she was my favourite character.

Tem is not a great actor.
Yeah Frankie changed the game.

Anyone watching Book of Boba Fett? Find it funny how it’s basically just been hijacked into Mandalorian season 3 last couple of episodes lol
It's been a bit of a weird one as it feels like they did the post credit scene last year to introduce the show and had a basic idea for a show but it wasn't fleshed out.

I can see some of the criticisms on it being too slow in the early episodes as they were essentially split in half between the flash backs after the sarlacc pitt and the current timeline. I can see what they wanted to achieve with the parallel stories filling in the time between Return of the Jedi and when we catch up with Boba Fett in the Mandalorian. Then trying to have the two stories sort of mirror each other in them either being similar or showing him learning a lesson. I don't thing the execution was the best.

They might have been better off doing episode 1 as the flash back and the rest the main time line. It also feels like the flash backs were to pad the episodes out a bit which means they didn't have much material.

The last two episodes have picked things up a bit. The problem is the main character is essentially side lined. Last week felt like when a series does a spin off show and the spin off is introduced in the main show for an episode or two. But in this case the series we are watching is a spin off for the character we got to see.

I do like how they are introducing the Clone Wars animated characters into live action.

These shows match Lucas's original vision for Star Wars being like the weekly serial shows he'd watch or listen to when he was young.

Ironically 2 of the better episodes. Tem takes me out of it too, his acting is pretty bad perhaps ‘exotic accent’ is enough to cover it up for other audiences. His “over Maori pronunciation” of words like ‘Boba’ and ‘Tatooine’ are quite noticeable too
There was talk of having Captain Rex in one of the shows. Not sure if he has the acting skills to play multiple characters if they introduce some surviving clones. They all have to be different.

I know they used his voice in the original trilogy to make it consistent but one suggestion I have seen was they could of used another actor as Bobba Fett like Daniel Logan and use Morrison for the older clones. Bobba Fett is a clone of Jango but doesn't have the accelerated aging. Logan is in his mid 30s so it would be around that amount of time after the Clone Wars started I'm guessing.

There has been some cringe moments in this series like someone mentions water. Bobba "I grew up surrounded by water" like it was a trigger word. Then the "like a Bantha" is getting mem'd a bit.

The other thing with the show they seemed to have saved the budget for the last two episodes with the technology used. The opening 4 episodes have all been based on Tatooinne which is a bit weird for a space based show.

Hopefully the finale is all out war that they are building to.

Reactions: matiunz

Inruin

Contributor
Ironically 2 of the better episodes. Tem takes me out of it too, his acting is pretty bad perhaps ‘exotic accent’ is enough to cover it up for other audiences. His “over Maori pronunciation” of words like ‘Boba’ and ‘Tatooine’ are quite noticeable too
Just watched the 5th episode with my boys. They said the book of boba Fett is better when boba Fett isn't in it 😂. Episode 6 tomorrow night.

• Haha
Reactions: matiunz
Has anyone been watching Peacemaker?
That show is quite bonkers. More cause the character is a bit out there and then his side kick isn't the brightest either.

Even the opening credits are on the weird side.

Reactions: matiunz and Inruin

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Has anyone been watching Peacemaker?
That show is quite bonkers. More cause the character is a bit out there and then his side kick isn't the brightest either.

Even the opening credits are on the weird side.

Not up to date but strangely watchable from what I’ve seen

Inruin

Contributor
Just watched the 5th episode with my boys. They said the book of boba Fett is better when boba Fett isn't in it 😂. Episode 6 tomorrow night.
Episode 6 was really good. Only a minute of Boba Fett in it! Bit disappointed the Marshall got shot, I like him. Not so sure about having to choose between the two items at the end. Both complement each other don't they?

Reactions: Mr Frank White
Anybody been watching Pam and Tommy?

I was going to give it a miss and watched a podcast with someone recommending it so I thought I'd give it a go. Only 3 episodes in but it's strangely entertaining.

Reactions: Geoff Public

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Anybody been watching Pam and Tommy?

I was going to give it a miss and watched a podcast with someone recommending it so I thought I'd give it a go. Only 3 episodes in but it's strangely entertaining.
decided to give it a miss, as she is still popular in Hollywood so expect a fair white wash of her past.