General Tv Shows - Whats Everyone Watching?

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Thought the episodes for Hawkeye were released 7 or 8 NZ time like the other series this time of year (depending on daylight savings or not). This week I had less on and thought I'd be able to sit down and watch it early. Had a Looks like I wasn't watching them look after they were released. Of course then my wife wanted assistance wrapping the Christmas gifts and of course I went overboard getting things delivered during the lockdown plus buying when I could to the stores. So 2 1/2 hours latter I'm watching late again.

Disney releasing episodes one a week does build up and help create discussions but it would also be good to have some series dumped on the platform complete. The main problem with Disney+ over the last 2 years since launch has been the lack of content. They really haven't released much when you consider a lot of the series were in production and had trailers when they launched the platform.

The Black Widow movie really should of came out where it fitted into the timeline between Civil War and Infinity War. Or they should of done one after Iron Man 2 and had it like an espionage movie where she goes undercover in a business like she did in Iron Man 2.

I've only just started watching Dare Devil. So far its been awesome.
Disney+ content usually comes out Wed 7pm AEDT so I’m guessing 9pm NZ time?
Did you watch the rest of the Netflix Marvel series? I enjoyed them all for their own unique flavour, even though iron fist gets a bit of unfair hate for not casting an Asian lead (despite the comic character being white) I actually enjoyed that show more than most.
Daredevil season 3, Jessica Jones season 1(David Tennant is brilliant) and both Punisher series were probably my favourites.
Found later half of season 1 Daredevil, Defenders and the Luke Cage seasons drag a bit in places but they’re all worth a watch, just finished rewatching the whole lot (13 seasons!).
I’m glad MCU has started using some of the Netflix TV characters

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Have been waiting around for all the episodes in Hawkeye to be released before I binge and in the meantime watched Black Widow and because what was revealed at the end had to watch the final 2 Avenges movies to see what happened between them.
didnt enjoy the Black Widow movie. found it a real let down.

Hawkeye was good though. Just finished fianl episode last night.

Reactions: matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
didnt enjoy the Black Widow movie. found it a real let down.

Hawkeye was good though. Just finished fianl episode last night.
Yeah felt Black widow should have come out 5+ years ago and it would have had more impact. Did like Yelena though she’s a lot more Black Widow than Scarlets character ever was. Love David Harbour in pretty much everything but not sure where they could use his Red Guardian going forward. HATED what they did with taskmaster- up there with the Origins portrayal of Deadpool in character butchering

Reactions: Inruin and snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Disney+ content usually comes out Wed 7pm AEDT so I’m guessing 9pm NZ time?
Did you watch the rest of the Netflix Marvel series? I enjoyed them all for their own unique flavour, even though iron fist gets a bit of unfair hate for not casting an Asian lead (despite the comic character being white) I actually enjoyed that show more than most.
Daredevil season 3, Jessica Jones season 1(David Tennant is brilliant) and both Punisher series were probably my favourites.
Found later half of season 1 Daredevil, Defenders and the Luke Cage seasons drag a bit in places but they’re all worth a watch, just finished rewatching the whole lot (13 seasons!).
I’m glad MCU has started using some of the Netflix TV characters
I remember waiting for 9pm when the Mandalorian first came out. Might be mid year with the time change things came out an hour earlier. It would be easier to tell if they released more content.

It was everything released on Friday now it seems they have moved Marvel Wednesday and Star Wars content on Fridays. The MCU is a bit limited with it being a big universe as they want the content to be released in order.

I've only watch Daredevil season 1. Went through it pretty quickly recently as I was getting worn on some of the other shows I was watching. Got some of the other Marvel Netflix shows on my watchlist.

Sky Waka

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2017
I'm guessing Hawkeye is a 1 and done show. Would like a Yelena and Kate series. Thought Florence did a better job with her accent than in the movie.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
I burnt through yellow stone tv series with Kevin Costner in it but have just started watching 1883 which is about cowboys and settlers has a good cast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noitall

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
I'm guessing Hawkeye is a 1 and done show. Would like a Yelena and Kate series. Thought Florence did a better job with her accent than in the movie.
Its hard to say how they will do the series or how many seasons each one will have with how slow they have been putting them out.

Wandavision with the initial gimmick was a show that seems to only suit one season.

Falcon and Winter soldier said Captain America (Falcon) will return.

Loki has been renewed I believe and was left with a finale that led to it continuing.

Hawkeye it might depend on the viewing numbers. I've seen articles about it being low. Hopefully just people waiting for it to complete and binge close to Christmas. I'd think they would want a second season to help push the Kate Bishop character.

They also have She Hulk and a Echo series. Hopefully they keep pushing out the content onto Disney+ even if they overlap as I like having content between the movies.

Reactions: Inruin

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Its hard to say how they will do the series or how many seasons each one will have with how slow they have been putting them out.

Wandavision with the initial gimmick was a show that seems to only suit one season.

Falcon and Winter soldier said Captain America (Falcon) will return.

Loki has been renewed I believe and was left with a finale that led to it continuing.

Hawkeye it might depend on the viewing numbers. I've seen articles about it being low. Hopefully just people waiting for it to complete and binge close to Christmas. I'd think they would want a second season to help push the Kate Bishop character.

They also have She Hulk and a Echo series. Hopefully they keep pushing out the content onto Disney+ even if they overlap as I like having content between the movies.
So far Loki is the only one to get a second season-albeit in about 2 years.
Falcon and Winter solider continues in Captain America 4 movie.
Wandavision is a one and done, sorta continued in the next Dr Strange movie.
Moonknight I believe is next around Feb (essentially a multiple personality Marvel Batman)
Then is She-Hulk which is a bit quirky in the deadpool mold.
Ms Marvel comes out just before and flows into the Captain Marvel sequel.
There’s also Secret invasion due out next year.
Star Wars has Andor, bad batch season 2 and Obi Wan due out next year with potentially Mandalorian s3 also. Pretty much alternate a Marvel series with a Star wars series over the next couple of years

Reactions: snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
For Star Wars they have announced a few shows although for Star Wars Lucasfilm announce a lot of things but don't deliver on them.

The Rangers of the New Republic series looks like it won't be going ahead. The Ahsoka series I'm looking forward to see. Most of the shows they have coming out are in the same period as the Mandalorian 5 years or so after Return of the Jedi. It looks like Dave Faloni and Jon Faverau are trying to setup a remake of the Thrawn Trilogy which will be great to see if they can pull it off.

The Kenobi series will be good to see Ewan Mcgregor reprise the role. He will be getting to a similar age as Aec Guinness when he first played the character. The weird thing with this show was them announcing the rematch we have all been waiting for with Hayden Christiansen reprising his role as Darth Vader. That's all good as long as it him hunting Jedi, setting up the Empire, or suspecting Kenobi is still alive and trying to find him but failing. If they he finds him or if they have a lightsaber battle they will need to do some good story telling to not screw up the original movie where it was a surprise he was still alive and he said last time they met he was the learner now he is the master.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
For Star Wars they have announced a few shows although for Star Wars Lucasfilm announce a lot of things but don't deliver on them.

The Rangers of the New Republic series looks like it won't be going ahead. The Ahsoka series I'm looking forward to see. Most of the shows they have coming out are in the same period as the Mandalorian 5 years or so after Return of the Jedi. It looks like Dave Faloni and Jon Faverau are trying to setup a remake of the Thrawn Trilogy which will be great to see if they can pull it off.

The Kenobi series will be good to see Ewan Mcgregor reprise the role. He will be getting to a similar age as Aec Guinness when he first played the character. The weird thing with this show was them announcing the rematch we have all been waiting for with Hayden Christiansen reprising his role as Darth Vader. That's all good as long as it him hunting Jedi, setting up the Empire, or suspecting Kenobi is still alive and trying to find him but failing. If they he finds him or if they have a lightsaber battle they will need to do some good story telling to not screw up the original movie where it was a surprise he was still alive and he said last time they met he was the learner now he is the master.
How could I forget about Ashoka lol yes that and Obi-wan are the 2 I’m looking forward to the most- good to see Hayden Christensen back, nerdom is brutal.
Will the others such as Andor a go but can’t say I was itching to see those characters again

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Sports biographies and documentaries can be pretty meh IMO. When I first saw this about Tiger I didn't bother until I had some time on Boxing Day.

It is way more than I thought it would be, and well worth a watch.
It is a story about Tiger, his family and up bringing, and his controversies about women.

It doesn't get to his car crash last year, but that doesn't really matter it shows what he is really like, warts and all.
It also covers the hypocrisy in Merka ,and the racism, especially in golf, and asks if he would have copped so much criticism if he had been a white guy.

The weird thing is his father, a guy totally obsessed with turning Tiger into a golfing superstar even before he could walk. he believed God put Tiger on earth to influence people for good through golf. Talk about weird.

Then there is the recent tournament where Tiger played with his son Charley, who seems to be just as good as his father.

Whatever he is an amazing athlete and golfer, and deep down a nice guy but with big personal issues.

Reactions: J_P

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
Sports biographies and documentaries can be pretty meh IMO. When I first saw this about Tiger I didn't bother until I had some time on Boxing Day.

It is way more than I thought it would be, and well worth a watch.
It is a story about Tiger, his family and up bringing, and his controversies about women.

It doesn't get to his car crash last year, but that doesn't really matter it shows what he is really like, warts and all.
It also covers the hypocrisy in Merka ,and the racism, especially in golf, and asks if he would have copped so much criticism if he had been a white guy.

The weird thing is his father, a guy totally obsessed with turning Tiger into a golfing superstar even before he could walk. he believed God put Tiger on earth to influence people for good through golf. Talk about weird.

Then there is the recent tournament where Tiger played with his son Charley, who seems to be just as good as his father.

Whatever he is an amazing athlete and golfer, and deep down a nice guy but with big personal issues.

If you like sports documentaries, the Matt Busby one is excellent

Reactions: bruce

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2015
So far Loki is the only one to get a second season-albeit in about 2 years.
Falcon and Winter solider continues in Captain America 4 movie.
Wandavision is a one and done, sorta continued in the next Dr Strange movie.
Moonknight I believe is next around Feb (essentially a multiple personality Marvel Batman)
Then is She-Hulk which is a bit quirky in the deadpool mold.
Ms Marvel comes out just before and flows into the Captain Marvel sequel.
There’s also Secret invasion due out next year.
Star Wars has Andor, bad batch season 2 and Obi Wan due out next year with potentially Mandalorian s3 also. Pretty much alternate a Marvel series with a Star wars series over the next couple of years
Marvels Hit-Money series is worth a watch. Underrated series that came out in November.

Reactions: Lenrat and matiunz

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
It has some great animation.

Some of the recent shows (MOTU Revelation and Marvels What If) I've seen that have been animated have looked fantastic.

Even the Star Wars Clone Wars Season 7 and the Bad Batch have improved on that animation style.

Sky Waka

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2017
Anybody watching The Book Of Boba Fett? The 1st episode left me wanting more in the 1st one so I was a bit underwhelmed. But I thought the 2nd was great. There is a ton of Tem displaying his taiaha skills which for sure he choreographed.

Reactions: bruce and matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Anybody watching The Book Of Boba Fett? The 1st episode left me wanting more in the 1st one so I was a bit underwhelmed. But I thought the 2nd was great. There is a ton of Tem displaying his taiaha skills which for sure he choreographed.
Liked the exploring of the Tuscan raider culture but it was a bit on the nose with its political statement. It might pay off but think it spends too much time in flashbacks rather than progressing current timeline story.
Like it enough but it’s definitely a slow burn similar to Mandalorian which I found makes you zone out a bit.
Ten definitely looked like he was channeling Maori culture with both the Tiaha homage but also the facial expressions

Reactions: Lenrat and snake77

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings