General Tv Shows - Whats Everyone Watching?

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Been a good few days for things getting released.

Cobra Kai season 3 and the second series of the Transromers War for Cybertron. I've also started watching Shameless a series I've wanted to watch for a while.

The holiday season has also been a good time to catch up on a lot of the shows the wife and I have been falling behind on.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
How many of you have Disney Plus?

After one year its been convenient to have all of the MCU and the Star Wars movies available. I've also gone through the Star Wars Clone Wars and Rebels animated series and started watching the old X-Men animated series. It's got some good old movies I would like to watch or haven't seen since I was a child. Its good for the kids but after a full year in terms of new content (not recent movies being added) they have only really released two season of the Mandalorian and season 7 of the Clone Wars. Sure Covid played a part to delaying Wandavison and Falcon and the Winter Soldier but a full year delay, these series had trailers so they must of been close to completion as they were scheduled for an early to mid 2020 release.

Now the frustrating part is their release shcedule seems to be 1 show at a time. That is fine for some if they have a contiuing narrative but having to wait for the Mandalorian to finish before they release Wandavision makes it seem like an old fashioned network channel playing only one thing at a time.

You can release something from the MCU at the same time as Star Wars they aren't related. Netflix are releasing shows constantly.

Lenrat

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 4, 2012
I hear that Disney Plus will be introducing the Fox films from their purchase of Fox Studio. Question is, will they include it as part of the normal subscription or will we have to pay extra?

Totally agree with their release schedule in the first year. The content was pretty thin on the ground. Here’s hoping it improves this year.

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ

After one year its been convenient to have all of the MCU and the Star Wars movies available. I've also gone through the Star Wars Clone Wars and Rebels animated series and started watching the old X-Men animated series. It's got some good old movies I would like to watch or haven't seen since I was a child. Its good for the kids but after a full year in terms of new content (not recent movies being added) they have only really released two season of the Mandalorian and season 7 of the Clone Wars. Sure Covid played a part to delaying Wandavison and Falcon and the Winter Soldier but a full year delay, these series had trailers so they must of been close to completion as they were scheduled for an early to mid 2020 release.

Now the frustrating part is their release shcedule seems to be 1 show at a time. That is fine for some if they have a contiuing narrative but having to wait for the Mandalorian to finish before they release Wandavision makes it seem like an old fashioned network channel playing only one thing at a time.

You can release something from the MCU at the same time as Star Wars they aren't related. Netflix are releasing shows constantly.
Disney+ is definitely way behind the eightball for new content. For the back catalogue alone it's certainly cheap enough for the full year subscription. I have kids so it was a no brainer.

As Lenrat pointed out Disney is adding it's Fox content this year for the international markets that don't have access to the FX/Hulu network.
Disney announced that in Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and several other markets, its mature content will be part of Disney's 'Star' brand, which will be integrated into Disney Plus. Star – which will not cost anything extra – will launch on February 23, 2021

Things will ramp up in 2021.
I thought the MCU series content looked a bit underwhelming from the Wandavision preview.

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
Recently watched Community, didnt think I'd find it funny at all but it really hit my funny bone for some reason, lost a bit of its shine when Donald Glover left.
Schitts Creek is worth a watch, the mother steels the show.
Really enjoyed Money Heist.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Frontline US?
US version.

I hear that Disney Plus will be introducing the Fox films from their purchase of Fox Studio. Question is, will they include it as part of the normal subscription or will we have to pay extra?

Totally agree with their release schedule in the first year. The content was pretty thin on the ground. Here’s hoping it improves this year.
That will increase their content a lot. They added the Fox Marvel movies into Disney Plus this year. The others they were probably not wanting to add under the Disney brand as they wanted to keep it family friendly. I recall reading a while ago they wanted those on other services as another income. Covid and the world stopping and income dropping probably changed a lot of their thinking.

Reactions: Worried2Death

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney

Yeah Disney need to up their game with original content- liked the back catalogue and worked my way through the 90s marvel toons and the likes of gargoyles/ clone wars etc but apart from Mandalorian need some more original shows, marvel has 4-5 out this year with the first Star Wars spin off coming too it should get better but it’s been a bit slow

Reactions: snake77 and Lenrat

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney

Yeah star is supposedly launching this year which should be good, I believe a version is currently being used in the likes of India. Hopefully they won’t charge more for the additional content as Disney painted themselves into a corner with the family friendly mandate

Reactions: Lenrat

Lenrat

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 4, 2012
Feb 23 for Star at no extra cost for NZ & Oz apparently. Hope they don’t change that. The mouse has enough money as it is 🤭

There was a rumour floating around they were looking at doing an Aliens TV series. It was meant to be set with them getting to Earth. Not sure if that’s going ahead or not.

I reckon Disney will start down the path of expanding the Fox library with new standalone shows.

Reactions: matiunz

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Feb 23 for Star at no extra cost for NZ & Oz apparently. Hope they don’t change that. The mouse has enough money as it is 🤭

There was a rumour floating around they were looking at doing an Aliens TV series. It was meant to be set with them getting to Earth. Not sure if that’s going ahead or not.

I reckon Disney will start down the path of expanding the Fox library with new standalone shows.
Not a seperate service but Disney+ is increasing its price by AU$3 per month to coincide with the change in Feb.
None of the announced original series from star looked that interesting to me except Y:the last man,and maaaybe the Aus spinoff-have heard about the aliens series but that didn’t seem to be on their slate
  • The Kardashian Jenners
  • Only Murders in the Building (with Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez)
  • The Dropout (with Kate McKinnon)
  • Dopesick (starring Michael Keaton, Rosario Dawson and Peter Sarsgaard)
  • The Old Man (starring Jeff Bridges)
  • American Horror Stories – a spinoff of the successful American Horror Story series.
  • Reservation Dogs (from Taika Waititi)
  • Y: The Last Man (an adaptation of the graphic novel)

Reactions: Lenrat

Lenrat

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 4, 2012
Not a seperate service but Disney+ is increasing its price by AU$3 per month to coincide with the change in Feb.
None of the announced original series from star looked that interesting to me except Y:the last man,and maaaybe the Aus spinoff-have heard about the aliens series but that didn’t seem to be on their slate
  • The Kardashian Jenners
  • Only Murders in the Building (with Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez)
  • The Dropout (with Kate McKinnon)
  • Dopesick (starring Michael Keaton, Rosario Dawson and Peter Sarsgaard)
  • The Old Man (starring Jeff Bridges)
  • American Horror Stories – a spinoff of the successful American Horror Story series.
  • Reservation Dogs (from Taika Waititi)
  • Y: The Last Man (an adaptation of the graphic novel)
Doh! That bloody greedy mouse!! Stop taking my money 😉

Reactions: matiunz

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings