General Tv Shows - Whats Everyone Watching?

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Aug 26, 2017
Auckland
On Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron was released yesterday.

I went through it last night and am planning to watch it through with the kids this weekend.

Its a first of a trilogy. This series goes over their war on Cybertron before they land on earth like the original TV series.

Seems to be nicely done, but a little weird getting used to some different characterisations. To be fair I've only seen the first episode, so hopefully the rest will explain why some of them are behaving so differently.

Weird as shit to see the happy go lucky bumblebee behaving like a broody loner.

Reactions: snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Seems to be nicely done, but a little weird getting used to some different characterisations. To be fair I've only seen the first episode, so hopefully the rest will explain why some of them are behaving so differently.

Weird as shit to see the happy go lucky bumblebee behaving like a broody loner.
We have had a generation who aren't used to Bumblebee talking so that will take some getting used to. This series was good as it has some characters changing sides, some are consistent with how it went with G1.

There are hints on why they are at war. Also has why some were left behind like on the original show. Well on that on that was cause they made new toys and needed to introduce the characters.

There have been a series of toy for War on Cybertron series. I knew about the toys but didn't know there was a series coming as well.

Netflix also have two Masters of the Universe series coming as well.

• Love
Reactions: Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Aug 26, 2017
Auckland
We have had a generation who aren't used to Bumblebee talking so that will take some getting used to. This series was good as it has some characters changing sides, some are consistent with how it went with G1.

There are hints on why they are at war. Also has why some were left behind like on the original show. Well on that on that was cause they made new toys and needed to introduce the characters.

There have been a series of toy for War on Cybertron series. I knew about the toys but didn't know there was a series coming as well.

Netflix also have two Masters of the Universe series coming as well.

Yeah I like that it is filling in some gaps but also taking some liberties to tell its own story. I've never been too anal about sticking to the original stories. Each show is its own thing, just got to enjoy it for what it is.

The new toys look good, but I've got no more room on the garage shelves. Need a bigger house. Got my masterpiece Prime though, so I'm happy.

Looking forward to the next Masters of the Universe. I actually thought the 2000s reboot was excellent, so hoping this Netflix version can also hit some similar levels.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
The 2002 or Mike Young Productions (MYP) Masters of the Universe series was awesome. Had good continuity introducing characters and expanding things.

The new Kevin Smith one is being advertised as carrying on from the 80's cartoon. That show had no continuity so it is probably him talking about the spirit of it. Heard reports it could be woke. Hoping what the people heard there is more just how the story is being driven with Teela looking for Adam/He-Man and she becomes the Sorceress. There is a good series of comics where they do that.

I've got an Ultra Magnus from this trilogy and a Optimus Prime and a few of the other Earthrise figures. Now I have an Optimus I'm just wating on my Snake Eyes from the GI Joe Classified and I can mark my childhood as complete.

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Aug 26, 2017
Auckland
The 2002 or Mike Young Productions (MYP) Masters of the Universe series was awesome. Had good continuity introducing characters and expanding things.

The new Kevin Smith one is being advertised as carrying on from the 80's cartoon. That show had no continuity so it is probably him talking about the spirit of it. Heard reports it could be woke. Hoping what the people heard there is more just how the story is being driven with Teela looking for Adam/He-Man and she becomes the Sorceress. There is a good series of comics where they do that.

I've got an Ultra Magnus from this trilogy and a Optimus Prime and a few of the other Earthrise figures. Now I have an Optimus I'm just wating on my Snake Eyes from the GI Joe Classified and I can mark my childhood as complete.

The classified figured look amazing. My brother collects them all, I believe, so I figure I can let him do that and leech off him. I have way too much stuff across too many properties, having to be very selective now. Still got the old 80s/90s Joe's in a box in the cupboard. Need to buy some new o-rings and fix them up.

Hopefully the new MoTU will be good. I personally find Kevin Smith a bit hit and miss. Couldn't really get into the She-ra Netflix series, even though my sister in-law constantly raved about it (she was an editor on the he-man comic during the mvcreations run). Seemed to be for a different audience than me.

Reactions: snake77 and matiunz

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
"The Wire" best American TV series ever
Based in Baltimore . Home of my fave NFL team the RAVENS.

• Love
Reactions: Kestrel84

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2015
To quote Doakes Surprise MotherF.....

The first four seasons, were great with the original show runner Clyde Phillips. Once Scott Buck (the same guy that produced both the awful Marvels Iron Fist & especially Marvels Inhumans), took over the show went down the drain.

With the original showrunner, producing the new series I will give it a shot, hopefully he can right the wrongs of the last season.

Jwoodzy02

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 14, 2015
Queensland, Australia

The first four seasons, were great with the original show runner Clyde Phillips. Once Scott Buck (the same guy that produced both the awful Marvels Iron Fist & especially Marvels Inhumans), took over the show went down the drain.

With the original showrunner, producing the new series I will give it a shot, hopefully he can right the wrongs of the last season.
Iron Fist wasn't awful

Reactions: matiunz

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016

It got stale when it became about the psychodrama with his sister the cop, and less about exploring the result of being a kid rescued from a container soaked in blood. I couldn't buy into it after that, it wasn't psychotic enough.

Last edited:

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Dexter man that was an intense show when he'd be sneaking around trying to investigate his victims or stop the cops getting on the same trail he was.

The last season I watched was season 5 with Julia Styles as the special guest. Drifted off the show after that, wanted to get back to it but never did.

Reactions: Worried2Death

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney

Yeah the finale really spoiled the show as a whole- loved the John Lithgow bad guy season, was brilliant seeing him full psycho after mainly knowing him from 3rd Rock.
would have preferred the original idea for the show ending as him on death row and the series you saw were essentially his confession. Hopefully the new season is good but with most of these renewals it’ll probably just be a nostalgia trip that gets old quickly

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Can i just say that i watch more anime than anything else atm. I know im a kids writer so accept pretty simple story lines, but so many shows out there both adult and not are clone shows that offer nothing original, i just look for different a lot of the time. Truthfully most of the time i am doing something else at the same time, playing on a tablet, browsing the internet etc that its background but there are some really good stories out there.
Anyway enough justification, if your interested in taking a look I have had accounts with a number of providers to watch anime, but mostly now i use https://www.wcoanimedub.tv/ because its more uptodate and faster getting the dubs out.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Can i just say that i watch more anime than anything else atm. I know im a kids writer so accept pretty simple story lines, but so many shows out there both adult and not are clone shows that offer nothing original, i just look for different a lot of the time. Truthfully most of the time i am doing something else at the same time, playing on a tablet, browsing the internet etc that its background but there are some really good stories out there.
Anyway enough justification, if your interested in taking a look I have had accounts with a number of providers to watch anime, but mostly now i use https://www.wcoanimedub.tv/ because its more uptodate and faster getting the dubs out.
Cool you're writing kid's books, are you published?

Sky Waka

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2017

Cannot think of a show with a worse ending. Deborah dies, Dexter fakes his death and becomes a lumberjack. NO!

The siblings I thought were supposed to be alone together, if that makes sense. Their personal relationships don't work out so all they have is each other.

It should have ended with Dexter's girlfriend on Deb's table, he walks in on them and they do it together. That would have been badass

Last edited:

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2015
Cannot think of a show with a worse ending. Deborah dies, Dexter fakes his death and becomes a lumberjack. NO!

The siblings I thought were supposed to be alone together, if that makes sense. Their personal relationships don't work out so all they have is each other.

It should have ended with Dexter's girlfriend on Deb's table, he walks in on them and they do it together. That would have been badass

How the original showrunner would have ended it.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings