Internationals Tupou out of place to often.

Robster_old

Didn't mark his plan and therefore at least a few trys came along which is more then we scored, plus he's poor when it comes to him handling the ball , just his mental game really lets him down. I think we have to look at Luke Covell in the tri nations.

PHANTOM MENACE_old

:roll:

He was one of our best Robsta. He had mongrol and just wanted to rip right in. Covell should never be considered as manu Volcano and Faafili and even Utai should be considered before hi,m

JonB_old

I believe we pay coachs for that very reason Robster. Im not such that covell offers a hell of alot more than a 75% kicking percentage.
Of all the wingers in the world I can't think of one with more physical potentail to play league he looks born to do it.

Robster_old

One of the best? What game were you watching, all I remember is 3 smash's in a row , 2 of which came after the ref blew his whistle, other then that he time to time dropped the ball, was out of place to often in defence, and even on attack he wasn't standing propaly as a couple or few balls when a cross the sideline.

So many options in front of him
Vatuvai
Utai
Vanikola
Covell
Fa'afili

Phantom I can't believe you think he had a great game, his mongrel attatude towards defence ended him getting that name for his mental play.

MiXmasterreece_old

Fark mate Tupou had a very good bloody game !! Saved our @ss a number of times on D, hit the Ball up hard. If your looking for people to lay some blame on look at :
1. Toopi
2. Kidwell - toooo many turnovers
3. The ref, this guy should never ref again

ozbash_old

PHANTOM MENACE said:
:roll:

He was one of our best Robsta. He had mongrol and just wanted to rip right in. Covell should never be considered as manu Volcano and Faafili and even Utai should be considered before hi,m

dead right PM. i defy any newbie winger to look fantastic marking up on tahu and cooper and gaz.

tupou went ok.

covell ? never. we have better wingers in b/cup.

MiXmasterreece_old

Covell is 3rd rate mate. If we needed a backup Full back MAYBE, but there are soooooo many ppl i would pick on the wing ahead of him

Bulldog_old

Tupou had a good solid game and went better than Webster I thoughtif the two wingers were to be compared...Luke Covell? yeah, a decent goalkicker, but unless the Kiwis are desperate for a goalkicker, then I dont think he'll come into contention.

Bulldog_old

yeah, Webster was hurt a couple of times...he was still limping back into position before the aussies scored one of their tries frm memory.

warriors4life_old

Tupou was among the best of the Kiwi players out there on the field, in my opinion. I hope he gets to play against Great Britain next month and I will be keeping a close eye on him for the Broncos.

PHANTOM MENACE_old

Robsta
Tupou played exactly like a rookie should play. he had enthusiasm, mongrol, aggression and passion. He saved a try by diving on the ball in goal and when he was hitting it up i noticed he always ran at Buderus and made the advantage line everytime.
Yes he did drop a couple of passes in tackles and will learn from it.
I and im sure Bluey couldnt have asked for more from him. He will be a hit in Tri Nations when he lines up against the Poms wingers who struggled last year against manu.

As for Covell ppfffftttt ----------> Stay the hell away from the Kiwis

commonsense_old

gottta be kidding mate. tupou was awesome. i was actually worried about him but he was fine. easily one of our best tonight.

as for covell... i dont know. gking is very important in close games. but last year stacey jones did a good job for us didnt he??

covell has a chance but with vainokolo, utai, manu, webster and tupou ahead of him, it will be hard for him to push for a spot without these guys being injured.

warrior_girl81_old

i think tupou had a brill game. he was one of the best players out there. of course he made some mistakes. what rookie doesnt?? hes got a very bright future ahead of him.

missing teeth_old

Out of place to often?

Only 1 try came down tupous side and that was gaznier aimiming up against thomas and gaznier was allways going to win.

PHANTOM MENACE_old

Agreed with all comments on Tupou
Robsta the majority here saw Tupou have a storming game. I cant figure out where your coming from that he was stink.
Who set up Kidwells try with a GREAT 1 on 1 steal on Matt King 2 metres out from their line on tackle 0

Covell would never think of doing that

Ronnie_7_old

Haha. You make me laugh. What game were YOU watching Robsta. I suppose next you're going to have another thread "What an Awesome Ref" Pfffffft

2big2strong_old

Ditto with everyone except Robster, Tupou was da man! and made Webster look like a spectator. But then again Robster you think Justin Murphy has skillz. lol

IMO, Luke Covell should never play for the Kiwi's, we offered him a test jersey last ANZAC test if you all remember and he said "no thanks, my dad might be Kiwi but i'm Australia and my goal is to play for N.S.W and Australia"He played one City vs Country game and Ricky Stuart told him he'd never make N.S.W or Australia, so Luke Covell decided the only way to get on the representative stage was to deferr to the 'lesser' team, and become available for the Kiwi's.
In the words of Reg Reagan....."GO AND GET STUFFED!!!!"