2. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Hitman82 1st Grade Fringe

3. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

Just going to come out with it now. This kid is going to be a superstar! I honestly believe he has more potential then Shaun Johnson. More of a team player, has a great natural feel for the game, great footy brain and he has a grubber kick too. Be really interesting to see how he goes in the Nines. The perfect format for him.

Hope the Warriors dont lose him. He's keen to get a proper contract and start getting some coin. He comes from a humble background and I reckon he'll jump on the first ticket out of Avondale.

Also Hitman82:

NZRL Junior Kiwis 2013...

• Like Like x 12
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Hitman82 1st Grade Fringe

Hitman82 updated Tuimoala Lolohea

View updates to this showcase item...

Wow you really rate the guy! I must admit I didn't follow the juniors as closely as usual last season. I guess I was a bit disillusioned with the see-sawing scorelines and ratshit defense.
    But this season I'm really excited about the Pommy lads and a couple of new Kiwis, so will be watching closely.

You rate his creativity and grubber better than Johnson? What are his overall strengths in your opinion?

5. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

6. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Tomkins talking about his electric feet already....Tomkins has been here five minutes and has electric feet himself.

I'm hoping those two are put together a lot by the Warriors in Lolohea's formative years. Throwing them into the Nines team together is a dream start.

That Kind of experience for Lolohea will keep him here more readily than Big Offer too soon I hope. BTW are those Jerseys in your collection Mt Wellington ?

7. Wombraider
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Wombraider U20's Player

Totally concur with MW. This kid is special. Golden boy of the West.

8. Paleaaesina2the20
    Join:
    Feb 6, 2013

Paleaaesina2the20 1st Grade Fringe

My two cents from watching every u20s game last year:
    He has a nack for being around the ball, he gets a lot of what some might call 'oppertunist' tries like intercepts, and scooping up loose balls and racing away to score. But this is a result of his ability to read the game, which is very difficult to teach. He isn't as dangerous in the open field with ball in hand as Johnson is, but he is close, and doesn't have the big boot Johnson has. But Tui's defence is superior.

I agree with Mt W, and would go on to say that he is a more complete League player than Johnson was at the same stage of his career. I would cite general play kicking and passing vision (which is difficult to judge because most u20 centres/ 2nd rowers just wanna be given it and then run over someone rather than be put into a gap) as the areas in most need of improvement.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  9. ryno
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

ryno Water girl Contributor

What positions can he play? Just in the halves or could go alright at hooker?

10. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Yep. Really stoked to have Tui's stuff...

11. pompower
    Join:
    May 14, 2012

pompower 1st Grade Fringe

Super impressed with this kid. Huge future.

12. Boats n Hoes
    Join:
    May 14, 2012

Boats n Hoes 1st Grade Fringe

Electric feet all right. I think if he makes the big time, it'll be as a fullback.

13. Nahz
    Join:
    Dec 10, 2012

Nahz 1st Grade Fringe

love seeing this dude in open space,theres real purpose in his body language when hes in full flight

14. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

I'm calling it now , Lolohea will take over Johnsons position in the team before Johnsons contract ends.

Re watching the Trial game , it was a good Johnson game , classic Johnson , a very individual player. Watching Lolohea , he is a very different player.

Both have similar physical attributes. Practice your Goal Kicking Tui.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Completely agree. I think Tui has the same individual skill set but also has the ability to be a team player. Something SJ lacks and, IMO, always will...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

I don't want to derail Tui's thread discussing Johnson but the direct comparison is relevant in terms of Tui's future. Johnson looked pissed off when they interviewed him after being pulled for injury " It's nothing , I'm fine , just a precaution " watch his smile...Shauny's eye creases don't move ( body language 101 the fake smile ).
    I suspect a lot more is going on there. I would like to start a Tui V Johnson Thread but most haven't seen enough of Tui yet to take it seriously ? too bad I'm looking at the Future and Lolohea has everything and he tackles.

17. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

¿N. ig-mah¿ Warriors 1st Grader

Lolohea will also learn his trade better with someone like Tomkins around to teach him how to be an effective star. Keep him grounded but allow his ego to drive him to success. It is imperative that he doesn't pick up on the hype too early or it could mean yet another star who doesn't deliver because he doesn't need to.

18. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

With the new club structures involving the old Vulcans, hopefully players like Tui and other younger one's won't just get exposed to the Reserve Grade team but also to the First Graders and learn from the professionalism and training ethos of players like Friend, Tomkins, Manu and, of the field, JRo. Also, a number of younger first graders and fringe first graders of learn a lot from those older ones.

19. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

¿N. ig-mah¿ Warriors 1st Grader

I think it is important to emphasise the highlighted part. Just in case Elliot checks in and misses the off the field part.

20. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

He has been and will be training as a full time professional athlete with the 1st Graders for the next 3 years which is great...