Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Hey team

What is your Warriors try of 2018?

A few candidates of mine include:

Round 1 - Sam Lisone. Vs Rabbitohs

Green to Lisone who gets the ball in exactly the perfect place to stay just within but yup "within" the laws of not causing obstruction.

He ran an orgasmic line behind lead runner Isaiah Papali'i and received an equally orgasmic pass from Te Green to go over untouched.

Round 4 - Leivaha Pulu vs Roosters

The forward momentum that laid it on. The crisp passing from I think Green to Blair to Pulu who ran a perfect line and took award winning fullback Hemi Teteko over in not only an awesome try, but an awesome celebration by Pulu.

Round 5 - David Fusitua try #1 vs Cowboys

What I liked was the lines run by Tohu and Hiku that drew defenders. Followed by the exquisite pass by the much maligned SJ to go just behind Hiku's head perfectly to Te Fus to go over untouched.

Round 7 - Te Bully. Vs Dragons

40/20 followed by a dummy half try.
Bully was dominant. A joy to watch on a night that showed probably our best performance via swarming defence.

I've probably missed a heap but hey which were your faves?

Go the Kata cheer squad =)

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Check the respect the cowboys have for RTS, by giving up on the chase completely.

If only our guys had the same respect and created more opportunities for sheck to run through, for us fans to enjoy.:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Bunty A4 2019 Dally M
Contributor
Reaction score
Can't tell you when, who, where or why. But there was a medium to long range try this year that involved some passing interplay between kata and maumalo back and forth. Brought a tear to my eye seeing those 2 getting along.

Reaction score
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
That Luke 40/20 and try was probably one of the best, just because it’s one of those tries that crushes the opposition, complete game decider.

Reaction score
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Can't tell you when, who, where or why. But there was a medium to long range try this year that involved some passing interplay between kata and maumalo back and forth. Brought a tear to my eye seeing those 2 getting along.
I remember against the Cowboys from in our own half Green passed to Kata who was outside his man and set off down field. He drew and passed for Ken to dive over in the corner.

Might be that one.

Reaction score
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

1:39 is Sam Lisone's try of awesomeness.

Reaction score
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

0:25 seconds is the Pulu try of awesomeness.

Though Lino's is awesome too.

Reaction score
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

0:48 seconds. Fus in the corner.

Awesome lines by Hiku and Tohu.

Crisp pass from SJ.

Reaction score
brightman

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah it's hard to choose just one of those many sneaky dummy half tries Kata scored again this year..

But I'm going with Fusitua's try against the Panthers in week 1 of the Finals.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
There are quite a few favourites, hard to single out one, but looking at peoples picks, a lot of those Trys people like are team Trys - another good indicator the Warriors do things differently these days, reinforced by the fact that they happen within well coached structures.

We tend to see what we want to see, (yes there are bad habits long standing where they give up or show up flat) but to accuse the Coaches of having no clue, or to claim these are the same old Warriors, is selective memory.

Times gone by most of the Trys people favoured would be created by some feat of athleticism, be it speed, side steps, or power, and on the odd occasion some circus act ( A Try against the Tigers in Wellington on the half time buzzer that went through a million sets of hands and was deliciously rediculous enough, to make the NRL Try of the year nomination....only the Warriors),

So yeah to see Sam Lisone's try nominated, a perfectly timed flat pass is not typical of the Shaun Johnson , Konrad Hurrell, RTS, Manu Vatuvei, fare. Execution over athleticism.

I'm nominating another Try from the Bunnies game.

It was the unveiling of the Right edge attack with key new player Tohu Harris.

Harris took the ball right to the line with real courage, he got killed by the defender, which set up space for Fusitua. It was one of those selfless take one for the team acts, that a young JT was famous for...get smashed so your mate scores, a real rugby league players Try.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
There are quite a few favourites, hard to single out one, but looking at peoples picks, a lot of those Trys people like a team Trys - another good indicator the Warriors do things differently these days, reinforced by the fact that they happen within well coached structures.

We tend to see what we want to see, yes there are bad habits long standing where they give up or show up flat, but to accuse the Coaches of having no clue or to claim it is the same old Warriors is selective memory.

Times gone by most of the Trys people favoured would be created by some feat of athleticism, be it speed, side steps, or power, and on the odd occasion some circus act ( A Try against the Tigers in Wellington on the half time buzzer that went through a million sets of hands and was deliciously rediculous enough to make the NRL Try of the year nomination....only the Warriors),

So yeah to see Sam Lisone's try nominated, a perfectly timed flat pass is not typical of the Shaun Johnson Konrad Hurrell RTS Manu Vatuvei fare.

I'm nominating another Try from the Bunnies game.

It was the unveiling of the Right edge attack with key new player Tohu Harris.

Harris took the ball right to the line with real courage, he got killed by the defender which set up space for Fusitua. It was one of those selfless take one for the team acts that a young JT was famous for...get smashed so your mate scores, a real rugby league players Try.
Oh fuck yeah bro. The way he ate that hit is the normal we are aiming for.

The commentators said "that's what they've been working on in the off season".

That game 1 opened eyes towards us.

And as Tohu said, "I wouldn't consider it success until we do it consistently."

Great nomination bro.

Reaction score
eric

eric

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Gelling’s try and Jesus celebration vs St George was pretty awesome.

Not the prettiest try but still a great moment in one of the best wins of the season.

Reaction score
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Gelling’s try and Jesus celebration vs St George was pretty awesome.

Not the prettiest try but still a great moment in one of the best wins of the season.
I liked how he ran a line that gave him the opportunity to score.

He was in traffic but made it and yeah, that celebration is why I call him The Awesomeness.

Reaction score

Nenz

U20's Player
Reaction score
Does anyone watch those highlights above and just be super proud of how we started? That bunnies game always give me chills when I watch the highlights.

Even though we didn’t end the season exactly how we wanted, watching those game highlights above... I love this team that much more when we’re on.

Also rewatching the Cows game with that pass from SJ to Fus above, so classy. Beautiful pass.

Top Bottom