20 SAM LOUSI
23 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO
26 JOHN PALAVI
27 GLEN FISIIAHI
11 SIO SIUA TAUKEIAHO
24 STEVE RAPIRA
5 CHARLIE GUBB

Panthers (squad):
Kevin Kingston, Dean Whare, David Simmons, Sika Manu, Clint Newton, Jeremy Latimore, Wes Naiqama, Lachlan Coote, James Roberts, Nigel Plum, Nathan Smith, Matt Robinson, Brad Tighe, Lewis Brown, Josh Mansour, James Segeyaro, Luke Walsh, Ryan Simpkins, Tim Grant, Sam McKendry, Blake Austin, Tom Humble, Travis Robinson, Mose Masoe, Tom Eisenhuth, Geoff Daniela, Adam Docker

The Vodafone Warriors launched a series of community and promotional appearances in Hamilton lastonight ahead of the club’s NRL trial against Penrith at Waikato Stadium on Saturday, February 16 (4.00pm kick-off).

An advance party of experienced first-graders Nathan Friend, Jacob Lillyman and Elijah Taylor plus former Vodafone Junior Warrior Charlie Gubb travelled to Hamilton to support sponsors Vodafone and Canterbury of New Zealand at in-store appearances at Te Awa, The Base Shopping Centre in Te Rapa.

Vodafone Warriors members and fans flocked in to meet the players, get autographs and pose for photographs.

The visit was the forerunner to more activity later next week leading up to the Vodafone Warriors’ first game in Hamilton since their 2009 trial against Melbourne (with the Vodafone Junior Warriors playing a Waicoa Bay Selection in the curtain raiser).

School visits, a Hamilton City Council event and in-store promotions with sponsors dtr and Canterbury of New Zealand will feature when another group of Vodafone Warriors travels to Hamilton early next Friday morning (February 15).

The playing squad for the match against the Panthers is due to arrive in Hamilton at 12.30pm the same day before having a final team run at Waikato Stadium at 4.00pm.

The Road Warrior, the Vodafone Warriors’ modified Suzuki Swift, will arrive in Hamilton early on Saturday morning ahead of a match day breakfast being put on by NewstalkZB. The radio station will broadcast its regular Saturday morning sports show live from the breakfast, devoting its 8.00-9.00 hour to the Vodafone Warriors’ visit. Head coach Matthew Elliott, Ruben Wiki and two Vodafone Warriors players will be there to mix with breakfast guests and to be interviewed about the trial.

After breakfast Vodafone Warriors players will be involved in a Community Roots Carnival at Waikato Stadium before gates open for the trial matches.

HAMILTON APPEARANCES
Thursday, February 8
6.00pm-8.30pm: Meet the Vodafone Warriors:
Nathan Friend, Jacob Lillyman, Elijah Taylor, Charlie Gubb
In-store appearances:
Canterbury of New Zealand/Vodafone, Te Awa, The Base Shopping Centre, Maahanga Drive, Te Rapa

Friday, February 15
9.00am–11.45am: Hamilton area school visits
12.00pm–1.15 pm: Hamilton City Council event, The Gardens
1.30pm–2.45pm: Hamilton school visits
4.00pm–5.00pm: dtr in-store appearance, 421 Victoria Street, Hamilton
5.30pm–6.30pm: Canterbury of New Zealand in-store appearance, Sports Safari, 757A Te Rapa Road, Te Rapa

Saturday, February 16
8.00am-9.00am: NewstalkZB game day breakfast
Matthew Elliott, Ruben Wiki and two Vodafone Warriors
10.00am–1.00pm: Community Roots Carnival, Waikato Stadium
1.30pm: Gates Open
1.45pm: Vodafone Junior Warriors v Waicoa Bay Selection
4.00pm: Vodafone Warriors v Penrith Panthers

Link at warriors.co.nz

Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor
Hope the Carnal of Community Roots doesn't sap all their strength :sperm::sperm::sperm:

Reactions: 1 users
Hitman82

Hitman82

The Penrith Panthers will travel to New Zealand on Tuesday February 12, as they prepare to take on the Warriors this Saturday night at Waikato Stadium, Hamilton.
Following their nail-biting victory over the Wests Tigers in their first trial match in Bathurst on Friday night, the Penrith side will be training hard in Hamilton, hungry for a second consecutive trial victory.

The travelling side has been named as follows, with the playing squad to be released later this week. Among the side headed to Hamilton is Lewis Brown, who'll be taking on his ex-team mates for the first time.

Kevin Kingston
Dean Whare
David Simmons
Sika Manu
Clint Newton
Jeremy Latimore
Wes Naiqama
Lachlan Coote
James Roberts
Nigel Plum
Nathan Smith
Matt Robinson
Brad Tighe
Lewis Brown
Josh Mansour
James Segeyaro
Luke Walsh
Ryan Simpkins
Tim Grant
Sam McKendry
Blake Austin
Tom Humble
Travis Robinson
Mose Masoe
Tom Eisenhuth
Geoff Daniela
Adam Docker

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/...rossing-the-ditch-ahead-of-second-trial/68223

Qtownwarrior

Qtownwarrior

I like the look of the Penrith pack this year

8. Grant
9. Kingston/Segeyaro
10. McKendry
11. Brown
12. Masoe
13. Manu

Pity about that back line Ivan

Miket12

Miket12

8. Grant
9. Kingston/Segeyaro
10. McKendry
11. Brown
12. Masoe
13. Manu

Don't worry - Ivan will find some secondrowers to play as centres and a prop or two to play on the wing :D

BA-AD Luck

BA-AD Luck

Anyone know when our side will be named for this week's match? ASlways look forward to Team naming Tuesday!

Qtownwarrior

Qtownwarrior

VODAFONE WARRIORS v PENRITH PANTHERS
Waikato Stadium, Hamilton
4.00pm, Saturday, February 16
Referees: Henry Perenara and Chris James
VODAFONE WARRIORS
22 KEVIN LOCKE
2 BILL TUPOU
3 DANE NIELSEN
4 KONRAD HURRELL
25 MANU VATUVEI
6 THOMAS LEULUAI
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 SAM RAPIRA
14 ELIJAH TAYLOR
10 BEN MATULINO
16 BEN HENRY
12 SIMON MANNERING (c)
13 FELETI MATEO
Interchange:
1 DOMINIQUE PEYROUX
15 JACOB LILLYMAN
17 PITA GODINET
18 ALEHANA MARA
21 NGANI LAUMAPE
9 CARLOS TUIMAVAVE
20 SAM LOUSI
23 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO
26 JOHN PALAVI
27 GLEN FISIIAHI
11 SIO SIUA TAUKEIAHO
24 STEVE RAPIRA
5 CHARLIE GUBB
HEAD COACH: MATTHEW ELLIOTT

warriors4eva

looks pretty good

alot stronger than i thought it would be for this game.

not far off the top 13 im thinking.

Reactions: 1 user
BA-AD Luck

BA-AD Luck

Thanks for listing this. Interesting team, what to make of his selections. Who is really on trial here? Is Fish out of favour being listed so far down the team sheet. No Lowrie for this week so Ben Henry has a huge opportunity to put him under pressure from the very beginning.

Love the back line; interested to see how Mateo plays in 13 and how Taylor fills that hooking role. Is Peyroux possibly our next full back cover?

Defence

Defence

8. Grant
9. Kingston/Segeyaro
10. McKendry
11. Brown
12. Masoe
13. Manu

I'd say plum will get a satart ahead of masoe- plums a dead set hitman.

On our side I'm a bit disappointed Fusitua is not getting another run- I reckon he's got the goods

eX | Machina

eX | Machina

I like the look of the Penrith pack this year 8. Grant 9. Kingston/Segeyaro 10. McKendry 11. Brown 12. Masoe 13. Manu Pity about that back line Ivan

That's a fast backline my friend! In fact it's probably the fastest in the NRL!

1. Whare
2. Naiqama/Tighe
3. Roberts
4. Mansour
5. Robinson
6. Coote
7. Humble

ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Argh Elliot...Taylor at hooker. piss off

At least we'll get a look at him there prior to round 1. Though no doubt it won't change anything even if he plays poorly. I would hazard a guess the starting 13 above will be our starting 13 in round 1.

Magic Stick

Magic Stick

Elliott has ticked all the boxes so far at the helm of the Warriors,but this is his first mistake...Taylor at hooker just pisses me off, And with sketchy halfs pairing, we need a hooker with slick passing and decision making.and who is a hooker

Ranger

Ranger

Lowrie being given extended time off or does he have an injury?

EDIT: Just read his grandfather died. :(

facefacts

Thanks for listing this. Interesting team, what to make of his selections. Who is really on trial here? Is Fish out of favour being listed so far down the team sheet. No Lowrie for this week so Ben Henry has a huge opportunity to put him under pressure from the very beginning.

Love the back line; interested to see how Mateo plays in 13 and how Taylor fills that hooking role. Is Peyroux possibly our next full back cover?

I'm not sure the numbers beside their name is much of an indication...Charlie Gubb probably isn't in the running for the 5 jersey, then again he'd probably have the same speed, skill level and agility as the incumbent.

facefacts

Elliott has ticked all the boxes so far at the helm of the Warriors,but this is his first mistake...Taylor at hooker just pisses me off, And with sketchy halfs pairing, with need a hooker with slick passing and decision making

Sorry but we dont have Cameron Smith on the books...or does Mara have all this slick passing and decision making you're talking about, if he does we haven't seen it yet, not to mention the great defense thats needed at nine. Or were you thinking about good ol turnstile Godinot, if so...:eek: