Social Biggest Warriors Fan

Tookey 2.0

Contributor
Hey guys, no were not talking about whose carrying the most weight!

I thought it would be a fun place to discuss some of the more out there behaviours and actions of some of the Warriors supporters.

We all know when we're going well, the bandwagon gets full fast. And that's great, still plenty of space for more supporters but it's always great to celebrate the true OG supporters who have been doing it tough.

So, let's here your stories (or others) about what makes you the biggest supporter!

For me:
  1. Day 1 supporter - can still remember seeing the Warriors run out with the drums banging when I was 8 years old
  2. Bought Grand final tickets last year in the hopes that we made the final (then forgot to resell when we didn't make it lol)
  3. Been to 30+ games (doesn't seem like much but when you don't live in Auckland or live abroad it's challenging)
  4. When living in the UK I would get up at 3am to watch the boys

Fun thread, here are my points.

- earliest fan memory was the 2002 season (I was about 15)
- every year do a 9 hour road trip to Townsville to watch them live.
- can't recall the last time I didn't watch a game live (tv). Only a wedding or funeral has got in the way no matter how bad we are playing.

*something I do as a bad fan is I never buy merchandise9r membership. Got my first ever jersey last year despite being a massive fan for so long.

Great thread. Agree that there isn't "one biggest fan" but always fun to compare and contrast.

For me...

- Grandfather was a life member of the ARL and a Warriors season ticket holder from day 1.

- Mum is also a day 1 fan - so many memories of her yelling at the TV as I was growing up in the late 90s, and being taken to games where I was exposed to extremely non-kid friendly language.

- I was so desperate for my Warriors fix during covid that I went over to magic round twice during the very risky flying period.

- Last year got on the big screen at Headingley during a Leeds game in my Warriors jersey. Had plenty of people across the UK keen to chat everything Wahs during my trip too.

How bloody good is league!

Mum is also a day 1 fan - so many memories of her yelling at the TV as I was growing up in the late 90s, and being taken to games where I was exposed to extremely non-kid friendly language.

Thanks for the flash backs lol!

Didn't get taken to too many games as a kid but being around adults getting rowdy while the games on haha. Classic stuff

Great thread. Agree that there isn't "one biggest fan" but always fun to compare and contrast.

For me...

- Grandfather was a life member of the ARL and a Warriors season ticket holder from day 1.

- Mum is also a day 1 fan - so many memories of her yelling at the TV as I was growing up in the late 90s, and being taken to games where I was exposed to extremely non-kid friendly language.

- I was so desperate for my Warriors fix during covid that I went over to magic round twice during the very risky flying period.

- Last year got on the big screen at Headingley during a Leeds game in my Warriors jersey. Had plenty of people across the UK keen to chat everything Wahs during my trip too.

How bloody good is league!
What are the UK league fans general impressions of the Warriors? Do they follow NRL and watch the games down here?

What are the UK league fans general impressions of the Warriors? Do they follow NRL and watch the games down here?
Up North they didn't know much about the Warriors but were mad about the NRL. Treated it like it was the promised land.

Funnily enough it was London where I got the most attention. Ended up having a 15 minute chat with a bloke in the middle of an upmarket cocktail bar about all things Warriors. He knew his stuff too!

Up North they didn't know much about the Warriors but were mad about the NRL. Treated it like it was the promised land.

Funnily enough it was London where I got the most attention. Ended up having a 15 minute chat with a bloke in the middle of an upmarket cocktail bar about all things Warriors. He knew his stuff too!
Depends where you go in the north of England. In a rugby league stronghold people would know, go to say Liverpool or Newcastle they probably wouldn’t. However the chances are you’d get asked as both are pretty friendly places.

London must be one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world, there are people from everywhere including Aus and NZ. Won’t take long to bump into somebody who knows who the warriors are. I knew a lot of people from Aus and NZ when I lived down there, pubs were full of them

Back