General Trainers

Reaction score
koolkat

koolkat

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Ok ok bare with me here just a wee rant, watching the raiders, and the dragons last night, It was 1minute into the game and I saw a trainer run on to the field too give a player a drink. ok I know it's physical game, but the NRL need to say NO!!,too trainers runniing on the field intill at least 15 minutes into the game, and only when a stoppage of play takes place. because sometimes you see them running obstructions, or interference, pointing out holes in the defense and trying too influence the ref for penaltys, its a small blight in the game, but a blight

Reaction score
fanrrior

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think it should be only stoppages through out the whole game tbh.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
If a trainer talks to the ref it should be an instant penalty, and if they are on the pitch for more than a set amount of time it should be a penalty. I see them as a blight ont the game that needs removal. I also note that there may be more than 1 on the pitch, so who is the other guy?

Reaction score
LoachNZ

LoachNZ

Waterboy
Reaction score
yeah i have a problem with this also.. ill hate to see a good play be called back because a trainer got in the way

i dont have a problem with stoppages but they cant really police them with a time limit because the ref will not bother timechecking them

Reaction score
koolkat

koolkat

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If a trainer talks to the ref it should be an instant penalty, and if they are on the pitch for more than a set amount of time it should be a penalty. I see them as a blight ont the game that needs removal. I also note that there may be more than 1 on the pitch, so who is the other guy?
one runs the water,and the other is their physio, that dose the strapping I think. One where's blue and the other orange, but there a pain in the arse,I know that for a fact

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i have a problem with this also.. ill hate to see a good play be called back because a trainer got in the way

i dont have a problem with stoppages but they cant really police them with a time limit because the ref will not bother timechecking them
Maybe the guy who controls the interchange could track them? I dunno why but they seem to be on the field so much more than i remember from previous years.

Reaction score
surfin

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
They are only allowed on the field when their team has the ball, unless there is an injury, however while their team has the ball they can be there the whole time giving instruction. You will often see them run to the sideline for some more info then return to pass it on. I don't like it as the only other grade with a coach on the field with them is the U5's.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I reckon they should only be allowed on the field in an injury stoppage, and only to tend to the injured player. If a player needs a drink, he should have to head toward the sideline to take the bottle. I know this puts the team under pressure, but its the only way to stop the trainers frompotentially influencing the game throught their presence. It is virtually a permanent thing in most teams to have a trainer on the field, and some don't even stay out of the line.

Reaction score
koolkat

koolkat

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I reckon they should only be allowed on the field in an injury stoppage, and only to tend to the injured player. If a player needs a drink, he should have to head toward the sideline to take the bottle. I know this puts the team under pressure, but its the only way to stop the trainers frompotentially influencing the game throught their presence. It is virtually a permanent thing in most teams to have a trainer on the field, and some don't even stay out of the line.
Just like in touch If you need a drink you have to go to the side line. super rugby as a rule that trainers,are only allowed on the field If an injury occurs, union had a bad run of trainers slowing the game down, But the the refs have cracked right down on the trainers sneaking on the field,league needs to do the same IMO,

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Another aspect of this is that it stops the players having to think for themselves if they've constantly got a trainer yapping in their ears "Bluey says...."

At best it makes the players look like powderpuffs who can't be trusted to last five minutes without a drink and/or advice.

My number one favourite gripe about rugby league. Ref's Call and Benefit Of The Doubt rounding out the top three.

The NRL has a piece about trainers on their website.

Reaction score
surfin

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Just like in touch If you need a drink you have to go to the side line. super rugby as a rule that trainers,are only allowed on the field If an injury occurs, union had a bad run of trainers slowing the game down, But the the refs have cracked right down on the trainers sneaking on the field,league needs to do the same IMO,
The problem with the way union does it though is guys get "injured" at scrum or lineout time and the whole game stops, if it's a choice between that and what happens in league I prefer the current league situation.

Reaction score
Lego_Man

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Reaction score
The problem with the way union does it though is guys get "injured" at scrum or lineout time and the whole game stops, if it's a choice between that and what happens in league I prefer the current league situation.

Most of the time it's just "lie down and pretend to have pulled a hamstring but i'm actually just tired"...meanwhile all the other players stand around and get ready to bunch up and lean against each other for 5 minutes.

Yawn...

Reaction score
surfin

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Most of the time it's just "lie down and pretend to have pulled a hamstring but i'm actually just tired"...meanwhile all the other players stand around and get ready to bunch up and lean against each other for 5 minutes.

Yawn...
I don't watch a lot of union, the less the better actually, but I remember in one game I saw they actually stopped play for a trainer to tie someones boots. They players mum should have done a better knot when he left home that morning.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Reaction score
the trainers is one issue - the other would have to be the ok my team needs a break, ill lie here and pant a bit till they bring over the magic water bottle

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
the trainers is one issue - the other would have to be the ok my team needs a break, ill lie here and pant a bit till they bring over the magic water bottle
This is one I really hate, even when the Warriors do it. I know it is a wise move but it really shits me.

Two minutes to go, up by less than a converted try, and a player limps to his feet in clear agony, then plays the ball and starts running. I hate seeing players faking pain just to use up the clock.

Top Bottom