International Pacific Championship

IMG_3710.jpeg

Same team.

IMG_3711.jpeg

Aussie resting some of their big boys.
We’re a good chance here- hope we don’t get shafted by the Aussie ref- whoever it is. Although they might save that for the final tbf….

Lobby the NZRL
Surely it’s up to NZRL that the fair go applies
Ex convicts are what they are and apply their Aus refs
This relates to the statement I made about Australia controlling the game through SOO which you thought was harsh.

Australia refused to play test matches against NZ and Britain until the Refereeing was done by Australian Reffs.

The world body partners NZ/UK caved to Australia's demands (the NZRL signed off on this current arrangement) thinking that the Australians would hold up their end of the bargain and annual tours would continue.

What Australia did after that is history, they turned test matches into a once every few years when we feel like it situation that we have had to suffer for decades.

They even decided to have a five year gap between world cups recently because a world cup was inconvenient for their domestic competition (that was their public excuse, it coincided with the Kangaroos losing four nations Tournaments and they packed a sook).

They (Aussie) have complete control of the world game.

Need we be reminded that the Superleague war which saw them tear a competition apart was about Media control.

The SOO is the biggest Media golden goose, all else exists to serve it, including the jiggery pokery with the eligibility rules which favor SOO and hurt the Kangaroos main rival NZ at test level.

All that aside. Whether you agree or not. There is one fundamental moral issue at heart here, no world sport has the referees or judges of one country, at every event running the show and dictating outcomes.

It is the worst form of Systemic cheating in world sports.

No one has the balls to change it because Australia will just put their marbles in their pocket and walk off, as they have done time and again, reducing the world body to the collection of beggars that run it now.

The system is corrupt.

The only reason this tournament exists is that Samoa is pulling crowds, new audiences and revenue. A whole new massive market in NZ and and Australia....the P.I. dollar.

I thought I had finished ranting, then I remember Russel Smith, the Neutral Ref from the UK that was introduced, which coincided with NZ beating Australia, ergo his services were no longer required and we returned to having Australians, because Aussie liked Russel Smith when they won, and they thought he was not up to the job when they lost.

Last edited:
This relates to the statement I made about Australia controlling the game through SOO which you thought was harsh.

Australia refused to play test matches against NZ and Britain until the Refereeing was done by Australian Reffs.

The world body partners NZ/UK caved to Australia's demands (the NZRL signed off on this current arrangement) thinking that the Australians would hold up their end of the bargain and annual tours would continue.

What Australia did after that is history, they turned test matches into a once every few years when we feel like it situation that we have had to suffer for decades.

They even decided to have a five year gap between world cups recently because a world cup was inconvenient for their domestic competition (that was their public excuse, it coincided with the Kangaroos losing four nations Tournaments and they packed a sook).

Need we be reminded that the Superleague war which saw them tear a competition apart was about Media control.

The SOO is the biggest Media golden goose, all else exists to serve it, including the jiggery pokery with the eligibility rules which favor SOO and hurt the Kangaroos main rival NZ at test level.

All that aside. Whether you agree or not. There is one fundamental moral issue at heart here, no world sport has the referees or judges of one country, at every event running the show and dictating outcomes.

No one has the balls to change it because Australia will just put their marbles in their pocket and walk off, as they have done time and again, reducing the world body to the collection of beggars that run it now.

The system is corrupt.

The only reason this tournament exists is that Samoa is pulling crowds, new audiences and revenue. A whole new massive market in NZ and and Australia....the P.I. dollar.

I thought I had finished ranting, then I remember Russel Smith, the Neutral Ref from the UK that was introduced, which coincided with NZ beating Australia, ergo his services were no longer required and we returned to having Australians, because Aussie liked Russel Smith when they won, and they thought he was not up to the job when they lost.
Yes didnt know three quarters of that info.
Still the NZRL needs to be the workhorse to change this.

Theres a 2 for 1 ticket sale going on for the Melbourne game. The Australian public seem to be really unengaged with the international game.

The system is corrupt.

Agree - a la the "under arm incident", jersey pulling, they will do anything to win, they use SoO as a lure to grab all the best players for the sole reason to win test matches - they want the cake, and they want to eat it too, greedy buggers! the reason I watch the nrl was for the international tests against oz, to check out possible potential kiwi players. when I was younger I used to think they (oz) were great, their win at all costs, their by hook or by crook attitude was so different from the kiwi way of doing things - even shock horror, to cheat to get the win, however What they are doing leaves a sour taste in my mouth, (in my culture it's called being whakahihi), I might even start supporting (as Bruce calls it Yornion) rugby union!!!! - yes I will wash my mouth out with soap lol. to recap I think kiwi's are too soft hearted - all good tho.

Question: I read in a previous post that some kiwi players who can whakapapa to Samoa were getting a lot of flack on social media for choosing to play for the Kiwi's, was watching the test and saw Jamayne Isaako got booed while taking conversions ??? - were there any incidents I've missed???

Back