General Top 8 Predictions

aussie_warrior_old

Bare in mind thou we may not win the next few games by similar margins where we've cracked 40 or 50 points. Most likekly some of our remaining games might be a lot tighter and we should be ready for those type of games. Where not all the lovely little things go smothly and where we have to take our oppertunities when we get given the chance.

Have you even looked at the table and other teams F/A? Besides the Eagles and Storm (2 teams we won't catch anyway), we have the best F/A by over 30 points. The Cowboys (one point ahead) are behind by over 200 points!!! The Eel's are behind by 50 points.

We are so far ahead that as long as we win, we don't have to worry about F/A. Every team below us does though.

LordGnome_old

Doesn't really matter now that we drew with the Roosters, though, does it?

Swanley_old

I think the 1 point makes it harder for us to get a home semi.

We are now relying on the Cowboys to lose at least 2 games. and for us to lose only 1.

The good thing about the 1 point is that we are standing alone on the table. for and against now has no bearing for us.

On reflection we should have really beaten the Roosters to help us in the last few rounds.

My only concerns are against Manly and Penrith, plus a little nagging doubt with Canberra who tend to play well at home.

fifth is looking good.

aussie_warrior_old

To be honest, our F/A is so good the draw is as good as a loss. Unless the Cowboys / Eels draw a game this year.... hahaha, not going to happen.

LordGnome_old

Or we draw again!

I don't like golden point as it means that a draw after extra time is like a loss to both teams - in the EPL a draw after 80 minutes is worth half a win and does actually count for something, in the NRL draws are so rare the point is pretty worthless.

ToiletDuck_old

I dunno how many of you have been using the finals predictor on nrl.com, but it isn't pretty reading. We're gonna have to rely on a few favours from teams basically out of the running..dragons, panthers, rabbits. We're all talking about the cowboys, but I'd be more worried about the Tigers, their run home is Roosters, Sharks, Rabbits and Newcastle. So let's hope the roosters can pull some more good form this weekend.

Also, if we lose this weekend against the Titans, we should basically start preparing for the Seagles at Brookvale in the first week of finals.

Jesbass_old

I guess the best thing for us is to win all of our remaining games. I really don't see the Cowboys winning all of their remaining matches, so if we somehow beat the Sea Eagles, and Raiders away, we could be looking pretty.

The weekend's result has really done us no favours.

Kav_old

I dunno how many of you have been using the finals predictor on nrl.com, but it isn't pretty reading. We're gonna have to rely on a few favours from teams basically out of the running..dragons, panthers, rabbits. We're all talking about the cowboys, but I'd be more worried about the Tigers, their run home is Roosters, Sharks, Rabbits and Newcastle. So let's hope the roosters can pull some more good form this weekend.

Also, if we lose this weekend against the Titans, we should basically start preparing for the Seagles at Brookvale in the first week of finals.

The Sharks showed they are no easy beats last night so here's hoping they put paid to them if the Roosters don't.

The Titans got the Tigers after the latter had had a Monday night romp - they can be brittle on defence so we should have too much brilliance for them.

Kav

Skinny_Ravs82

As I said before, the top 2 are safe and maybe even the Eels look safe at the moment but the rest...who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

kiwi-born_old

Where is your self belief for the Warriors?

Am I the only one who thinks they are playing excellent leugue at the moment?

"I dunno how many of you have been using the finals predictor on nrl.com, but it isn't pretty reading. We're gonna have to rely on a few favours from teams basically out of the running..dragons, panthers, rabbits. We're all talking about the cowboys, but I'd be more worried about the Tigers, their run home is Roosters, Sharks, Rabbits and Newcastle. So let's hope the roosters can pull some more good form this weekend.

Also, if we lose this weekend against the Titans, we should basically start preparing for the Seagles at Brookvale in the first week of finals."

Do you doubt what the boys can do? Dont for one minute think the Warriors aren't in this competition because they are.

think the 1 point makes it harder for us to get a home semi.

We are now relying on the Cowboys to lose at least 2 games. and for us to lose only 1.

The good thing about the 1 point is that we are standing alone on the table. for and against now has no bearing for us.

On reflection we should have really beaten the Roosters to help us in the last few rounds.

My only concerns are against Manly and Penrith, plus a little nagging doubt with Canberra who tend to play well at home.

fifth is looking good.

I disagree with who whole heartly. I think the Warriors can win their next four games. Do you know why? I attended that game on Saturday, we didn't win, no, but I saw a team who above all was prepared to play footy, a team that was prepared to give it their all to be the victors, a team who belived in themselves and who worked with excellence as a unit. For the first time in a while I saw the WARRIORS. They will win thei next four games because they are determined and ready, they blieve in themselves and that was shown coming up from 16-0 down to wining the first half 18-16. The Warriors have grown and developed so much over the course of this season.

So please as supporters stop doubting them, believe they can do it. Come on everyone we need to support them and stop critisizing them. Leave the draw behind and lets continue to support them. The Warriors will reach fourth place. They can beat the Sea Eagles, they can beat the Raiders and Titans and they can beat the Panthers. So lets get behind our boys, the team we support, GO THE WARRIORS.

(I'm not being vindictive towards anyone, i'm just sick of the doubt the supporters generate towards the team)

Skinny_Ravs82

Good post mate.

I've got every beliefe the team can do it and do well, it's the teams around us I'm a bit worried about ;)

Jesbass_old

Where is your self belief for the Warriors?

Am I the only one who thinks they are playing excellent leugue at the moment?

"I dunno how many of you have been using the finals predictor on nrl.com, but it isn't pretty reading. We're gonna have to rely on a few favours from teams basically out of the running..dragons, panthers, rabbits. We're all talking about the cowboys, but I'd be more worried about the Tigers, their run home is Roosters, Sharks, Rabbits and Newcastle. So let's hope the roosters can pull some more good form this weekend.

Also, if we lose this weekend against the Titans, we should basically start preparing for the Seagles at Brookvale in the first week of finals."

Do you doubt what the boys can do? Dont for one minute think the Warriors aren't in this competition because they are.

think the 1 point makes it harder for us to get a home semi.

fifth is looking good.

I disagree with who whole heartly. I think the Warriors can win their next four games. Do you know why? I attended that game on Saturday, we didn't win, no, but I saw a team who above all was prepared to play footy, a team that was prepared to give it their all to be the victors, a team who belived in themselves and who worked with excellence as a unit. For the first time in a while I saw the WARRIORS. They will win thei next four games because they are determined and ready, they blieve in themselves and that was shown coming up from 16-0 down to wining the first half 18-16. The Warriors have grown and developed so much over the course of this season.

So please as supporters stop doubting them, believe they can do it. Come on everyone we need to support them and stop critisizing them. Leave the draw behind and lets continue to support them. The Warriors will reach fourth place. They can beat the Sea Eagles, they can beat the Raiders and Titans and they can beat the Panthers. So lets get behind our boys, the team we support, GO THE WARRIORS.

(I'm not being vindictive towards anyone, i'm just sick of the doubt the supporters generate towards the team)

Great post, but slightly missing the point. I don't think anyone doubts that the Warriors can win their next four games, but winning their next four games won't guarantee them a top four spot unless teams above them lose. That's what people are saying, and quite rightly - it's no longer entirely in our hands, because of the draw on the weekend. But if we win our last four matches, we're putting ourselves in as good a position as possible. :)

sebastian_old

I believe we can win our next four games & i believe if we do that 4th spot will be rightfully ours as i see the Cowboys as pretenders, i believe the Cowboys are been carried by individuals & they will be exposed as not playing like a team eventually.

LordGnome_old

But the Cowboys have four very easily winable games and, if they win them, it doesn't matter what we do as we will not finish 4th.

We should all now be watching the Cowboys games with the same interest as the warriors games.

LordGnome_old

Also, we will have to beat the Sea Eagles which isn't proving the easiest thing to do this season!

However, if we can beat Manly, we can still make the top 4 if the Cowboys slip up or the Eels lose a couple (they still have to play the Dragons, Storm and Broncos, plus the Sharks who are playing for pride.)

LordGnome_old

The last weekend of the season is shaping up to be a classic, sitting watching tv with your calculator!