General Toopi gets special farewell from Warriors

warriors4life_old

From www.warriors.co.nz

Vodafone Warriors team-mates gave long-serving centre Clinton Toopi a special farewell this week.

The 26-year-old 129-game veteran was granted a request for an early release on Monday. He's set to leave Auckland on Friday to join his new English Super League club Leeds with his debut targeted for the Rhinos' away match against Hull FC on August 4.

But this week the Vodafone Warriors put on a farewell lunch for him and his team-mates and the football department gathered in the dressing room to view a commemorative video. Club stalwart Awen Guttenbeil, who is himself leaving to go to England, spoke about Toopi as did vice-captain and Kiwi captain Ruben Wiki, who has been alongside the centre in most of his 19 tests so far.

On behalf of the club, Guttenbeil presented Toopi with a specially embroidered Vodafone Warriors jersey listing his club career details and his Vodafone Warriors number (66).

toops_farewell_2.jpg

toops_farewell_3.jpg

toops_farewell_4.jpg

toops_farewell_1.jpg

toops_farewell_5.jpg

Jesbass_old

And thoroughly deserved. I saw a news article that showed a close shot of his jersey, with the statistics. Very cool. :)

Skinny_Ravs82

Spot the player..lol in that first photo...can anyone recognize the players? hehe. I can't see whose the one in the blue sweat shirt...but so far in that pick I can see Mannering and Byrne...and I've caught sight of Ackland...anyone else?!?!

*Kimmy*_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Aww! That's great to hear..brings a tear to the eye!
Yeah i have mini tears in my eyes.

*sigh* Toopz is still cool..even if he has been out of form!!..and Awen well he never stopped being cool <3

kiwi man_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Spot the player..lol in that first photo...can anyone recognize the players? hehe. I can't see whose the one in the blue sweat shirt...but so far in that pick I can see Mannering and Byrne...and I've caught sight of Ackland...anyone else?!?!

hehe yea in the blue jumper closest to the camera is evarn, i can spot mannering, ackland, sonny fai, patty ah van, the trainer whos name escapes me lol, john heart, pricey and webby

Jesbass_old

kiwi man said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:

hehe yea in the blue jumper closest to the camera is evarn, i can spot mannering, ackland, sonny fai, patty ah van, the trainer whos name escapes me lol, john heart, pricey and webby

I'm pretty certain the player in the light blue hoodie is actually Epalahame Lauaki. ;)

Skinny_Ravs82

The trainer is Craig Walker (nearly typed Chris Walker! lol), also I can see Hohaia and Rovelli...Wai, Louis...who else....