Post Match 2023 Broncos vs Warriors - Week 3 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

Results are only viewable after voting.
What is nagging away at me is we weren't that far away...

Ford makes his tackle at marker and Pompey kicks one goal it's 18 - 14 at halftime.

But who's to say you hold Walters up they don't go in again. Our middle defence was a real worry today and when Haas made that break up the guts untouched I feared we might be in for a horror show.

I'm still of the belief we missed a trick not bringing Barnett off the bench
Broncos left opportunities out there

and the stats are ugly

but holy shit we got no calls.

The day after the night before. Broncos were excellent - a class above, but the score line was not reflective of the competitiveness of the Warriors. Three missed conversions were costly. 24-18 at halftime meant game on. Then a blatant forward pass and the game was gone. But who cares about the minor details. The better team won on the night. The Broncos and the Panthers have been a class above everyone else and they deserve their spots at the big dance. Well done to them.

Fact is the Wahs made me bloody proud all season. It’s been a wild ride and a season of absolute redemption. We’ve found our identity. And It’s reignited a spark in me which I thought was lost… the last 10 years, 2018 aside, turned me into a fan that struggled with being cynical when I watched this team… I hated the constant pain that supporting this team made me feel. I hated the infighting, management troubles, players and staff giving up or rejecting us on live television…just… the mediocrity. But that’s all changed this year. For ever.

He aha te mea nui o te ao?
He tangata, he tangata, he tangata.

What is the most important thing in the world? It is the people, it is the people, it is the people

The Wahs are the peoples club. We now have a team who connect with our country, our jersey and our fans. They want to be there. We have built pathways, added new lower grade teams and we have talent coming through. We are building a powerhouse on the back of a culture that is uniquely ours.

UP THE WAHS.

Up the Wahs is a phenomenon. It is a rallying call for all who are underdogs to rise up and take on the elites. To be knocked down and rise up from the canvas. To carry on through adversity. For the people to pick each other up and together, go again. It is a belief that one day, we WILL go all the way.

Despite the loss in the prelim, 2024 will see a stronger, more unified, hungrier Wahs team that now know they are good enough. We have removed the curse and no longer accept mediocrity.

We will be back. Stronger, fitter, better.
We go again.

UP THE FKN WAHS!

Calls like a penalty try for Pompey!! And then calling a no try on the Mann bobble. I keep thinking we have a whole lot of band wagoners watching and it makes league look so second rate - they used to let you choose alternative commentary so at least you could put Aussies on
Sky give u the option to have Fox commentators here in NZ. Not sure if Ennis and Blocker are much better though.

Next year the NRL is changing its name to NRLE (National Rugby League Entertainment) this shit is going to Vegas and turning more into WWE by the Year. Story lines written… Broncos have had everything go their way this year. Soon refs will be getting knocked out by plastic chairs. Peter V’landys is just another Vince McMahon and Abdo is his little puppet.
Wait does that make Abdo MEAN Gene Okerlund? 🧐😂

Lost the battle of the ruck speed in that one. Shame we didn’t kick some goals too keep the scoreboard pressure up.
Broncs won’t get that advantage next week. Penrith are too strong in the middle it’ll have a very different complexion.

We will be targeting our regular season game next year against the Broncs as a benchmark game. And no doubt we’ll meet em in the finals again.

Don’t see them winning it this year and like us next year will probably be their last year with their aging wizard at number seven.

Walsh is giving me Benny Barba vibes. He’s definitely gonna get arrested on Mad Monday or at some stage over the off season and end up in the Super League next year 😂

Still no easier to accept this morning, disappointing the ref took away any chance of a comeback while still in the grind. We battled to stay in the game around the time the forward pass wasn’t called with the broncos threatening but I don’t accept that the result was academic even with the forward pass. I’ve seen the boys wrestle back momentum in plenty of games, especially that sharks comeback this year to say they were done. Truth is we’ll never know but at 4 try’s to 3 at that point and a scrum on halfway when we were scoring points out of great shape, I will never concede the result was always going to end how it did no matter the no call.

Can't fault the Broncos, they did that relatively easily. It shapes up as a great gf.

On our boys, we got a lesson in finals footy. Redzone attack is top notch, but it does us no good if we can't get there. Whatever the top 2 have done strength & conditioning wise is clearly miles ahead of everyone else. At least we know where we need to be going forward. Love the boys, up the Wahs ❤️
They have the benefit of pathways and development. We are steps behind them both but it is known that the club's structures need to be in place to harvest the best players and develop them within this Warriors club. Things are brighter than they look after the scoreline put on us last night by a relentlessly fast fast Broncos game.

Still no easier to accept this morning,
The future is bright for this team. Chin up. Onwards we march to season 2024.

Warrior #214 says it well below:
Lost the battle of the ruck speed in that one. Shame we didn’t kick some goals too keep the scoreboard pressure up.
Well said

Next year, I’d like this offload/jungle footy introduced back into our arsenal for dry weather tracks.
Webby did the right thing with us this season. He taught us how to complete sets at extremely high rates. Jungle ball has been wired into our natural style ever since. Completion rates are too now.

My thoughts. Get them right. Do them in the right order. Chaching......... offloads and jungle ball time.

Watch the post presser if you haven't. The club is different now. I said it at the start of the year and I feel it now more than ever.

This season hurts right now, but I find Webby so much more reassuring than any other coach we've had. He's not interested in 'the ref fucked us', not interested in 'the rules must be changed'. Only interested in how the boys play and what they're achieved.

This feels like the beginning and for the first time since 2011, I'm actually excited for the next season.

Brisbane to much xfactor, Haas has to be dallym prop was unstoppable... we tried hard but I think we needed to slightly move away from the systems a little bit, can't really blame Webby, he only had the stock that was in front of him, Nuikore was non existent, Tevaga has lost that oomph he once had, Jackson crucial miss tackle, I could go on, but you can keep blaming players but in the end Bronc just to good across the park... I hope they win the big one... over Penrith arrogance
Nailed it on all points.

I have one point of difference though. I hope Penrith and Brisbane both lose next week. Brisbane have Reecey vs Luai for "Dally M arrogant bugger of the year". Should be a cracker. But.......I refuse to watch next week. My petty support for our team.

On a further side note. If your username is based on the Sepultura song and album. One of my old favs.

This season hurts right now, but I find Webby so much more reassuring than any other coach we've had. He's not interested in 'the ref fucked us', not interested in 'the rules must be changed'. Only interested in how the boys play and what they're achieved.
He’s very diplomatic but when you read between the lines he’s clearly referencing refs when he mentions things like this will be a great grand final, and hopes nobody decides it or words to that effect. He doing a great job of not letting the players be hung up on decisions by the ref, you could see with SJ still making comments at the ref right up until the kick off after the forward pass that it did affect them.

Shame we lost Walsh last season, imagine the result today if we had him on our side.
Would have been worse, he had so much impact because they were rolling through our middle with fast play the balls. Behind our beaten pack he wouldn't have made a difference other than letting through more defenders than charnze and not making the same yardage. In the broncos he is brilliant, for us right now charnze is a better option.

Superfreak and Nashy and any other Broncos fans. Come on down and bask in the ambient glory of your team's performance. Congratulations on delivering our hiding last night. Far out that was frenetic pace from your guys. Flanno hasn't been around your way has he? 😁

You guys were way better and well deserve your spot in the dance. Seriously though I'm trying my best to be diplomatic and complimentary and keep a lid on my foul bitterness type backhanded compliments.

Back