General Tony Puletua

MiXmasterreece_old

Anyone read the article in the Sunday News today about the possibility of Tony coming here next year. Apparently at the panthers v warriors game one of the fans told him to come home and he started thinking about it.

Scurrah said that we arent looking to sign a marque player but there are about half a dozen names we are looking at.

Northern_Union

I hope he doesn't come over to us.

I've noticed that when games don't go his way he doesn't put in an effort in defence.In the last ANZAC test Mason kept running at him and he didn't want to know about it. Seen him do the same for the Panthers as well.

Rather see a young bloke signed or for that matter his brother.

kiwi man_old

would love to see him come over to be honest, would add somethin which is much needed to our backrow

hoanihorsfall_old

We dont need him ... he's not the sort of player we are looking for.... prefer someone in the Reni Matua mould.

Joe 90_old

I'd have the Puleatua of 2 or 3 seasons ago, but not this years version. Rather continue with the development of Fai.

chicka_old

i work at a media outlet, and one of our reporters spoke to wayne scurrah today, about the possibility of the warriors talking to weepu, of course wayne said they weren't considering weepu, but what he did say that was interesting was that our salary cap is totally spent. and he has been quoted saying that they were waiting to sign a 2nd rower, and complete the roster of 25.
so, we should expect an announcement any day soon on our final acquisition.

Jesbass_old

i work at a media outlet, and one of our reporters spoke to wayne scurrah today, about the possibility of the warriors talking to weepu, of course wayne said they weren't considering weepu, but what he did say that was interesting was that our salary cap is totally spent. and he has been quoted saying that they were waiting to sign a 2nd rower, and complete the roster of 25.
so, we should expect an announcement any day soon on our final acquisition.

Scurrah was quoted as saying they wanted to sign a back rower before last week, when Swann's re-signing was anounced. I'd say that's the lot.

Has anyone counted the whole lot?

chicka_old

they also extended 'lucky's contract but they are still after someone else, i'd imagine to replace louis. dont be surprised if it is puletua, there's not much else on the market.

Jesbass_old

they also extended 'lucky's contract but they are still after someone else, i'd imagine to replace louis. dont be surprised if it is puletua, there's not much else on the market.

Yes, but Luck wasn't coming off contract this year, whereas Swann was. But there might well have been someone else above and beyond that.

Skinny_Ravs82

How is it they are looking for anyone else is much of their cap has already been spent? They'd be on mininmal finiances by now. wouldn't they?

Jesbass_old

How is it they are looking for anyone else is much of their cap has already been spent? They'd be on mininmal finiances by now. wouldn't they?

I think Chicka is suggesting there is a signing that has been made which has A) not yet been announced, and B) used up the rest of our cap.

sebastian_old

Agree with Tony P being past his best, if we can't find a young ball playing off contract from another team which i'm sure there is(Newcastle have a few ball playing 2nd rowers off contract) just bring a Lions player in the squad. I don't believe in signing a player just for the sake of it. Our team is on the way up, unfortunatly Tony P is not on the way up. My opinion is don't sign Tony P.

MiXmasterreece_old

Scurrah was quoted as saying they wanted to sign a back rower before last week, when Swann's re-signing was anounced. I'd say that's the lot.

Has anyone counted the whole lot?

He was also quoted on Sunday about signing a 2nd rower and that they had half a dozen odd names they were looking at. I doubt we are finished in the market just yet.