Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unfortunately in this new wave woke society we are expected to live in, there are a number of people who are what we might refer to as True Evil. No if's, no buts, no other bullshit about culture, upbringing nor colonialism. True Evil, no moral compass and no joining of regular society.

These people, and they appear to be a growing number are beyond redemption and therefore should be either incarcerated for life or be topped. I'm good either way but have to say 7-10 just doesn't cut it.

#rememberbabyru

Last few days I’ve read a couple of stories that absolutely made me wild.

One was a bloke in Manawatu who raped his daughter and niece and another was a guy who stabbed and killed one and almost killed another.

What really got me angry was the sob story of their bringing up in the articles.
Then seeing they both got discounts because of their trauma growing up. I believe one of them got a 20% reduction in their sentence.

Murderers and filthy pedos get discounts just blew my mind.

Last few days I’ve read a couple of stories that absolutely made me wild.

One was a bloke in Manawatu who raped his daughter and niece and another was a guy who stabbed and killed one and almost killed another.

What really got me angry was the sob story of their bringing up in the articles.
Then seeing they both got discounts because of their trauma growing up. I believe one of them got a 20% reduction in their sentence.

Murderers and filthy pedos get discounts just blew my mind.
Welcome to our world of no accountability and no responsibility, as it is always some one else's fault.

Being a victim seems to me all of a sudden, being the domain of the perp not the actual victim.

There was a fairly pertinent question in the paper a few days ago.

Where is the march for baby ru?
We're too busy arguing over treaty rights, minimum wage and EVs to worry about saving our most vulnerable.

Baby Ru along with the others I mentioned earlier has become a statistic and yet we can have a myriad of pages on here reflecting opinion on the Israeli/Hamas conflict as well as the Ukraine/Russia war and yet no one blinks an eye as to what is happening in our own back yard.

Go check the violence figures per capita for Godzone.

We're too busy arguing over treaty rights, minimum wage and EVs to worry about saving our most vulnerable.

Baby Ru along with the others I mentioned earlier has become a statistic and yet we can have a myriad of pages on here reflecting opinion on the Israeli/Hamas conflict as well as the Ukraine/Russia war and yet no one blinks an eye as to what is happening in our own back yard.

Completely agree. Tried to make that point earlier and got shot down.

Tragic events happening around the world. Can't help but feel it's far easier for people to get themselves involved in protesting something that is beyond their reach than looking at what is happening in our own back yard.

It's like our other issues. Complex/multi-layered. Effectively reducing poverty would be a good start. Living in poverty and deprivation can severely impact social and behavioural development and mental health, apparently.

But that's probably woke.

It's like our other issues. Complex/multi-layered. Effectively reducing poverty would be a good start. Living in poverty and deprivation can severely impact social and behavioural development and mental health, apparently.

There in lies the problem, the deprivation/social/behavioural crap. The excuses for this type of behaviour are woke. That's all.

I call it crap because the majority of the people who carry out these crimes against the vulnerable in our country have no issue getting the latest I phone or Designer wear, nor are they deprived enough to be living under Grafton bridge. These people are doing ok and not destitute from what my reading tells me.

So for the life of me, the only thing I can figure to make you want to do those things to a child is behavioural. Now if that's the case then that behaviour should be unacceptable, but it appears we accept it as a casualty of our society because it's not really their fault.

#whokilledbabyru

So promote employment and make benefits a last resort rather than 13 year entitlement?

Benefits only promote poverty and depravation. Even if you paid them the average wage, the isolation from work and social/ behavioural and mental health toll leads to poor outcomes.

In 2017 we were ranked 7th highest for rate of child homicide in the OECD

We are slightly higher than mid table for GDP per Capita

#Sofia Taueki-Jackson
sad, but you’re not wrong.
it will go that way. the same as baby poseidon and many others.

i drive through taita from time to time visiting friends in upper hutt. it’s an absolute steaming shit hole.

fuck that place and everyone in that house.

i’d also hate to cause offence but if you name an innocent baby something like ruthless empire, you are setting that kid up for failure.

There was a fairly pertinent question in the paper a few days ago.

Where is the march for baby ru?
What would you do, march to their house and try 'force' them to admit to it? Or march against general child violence? Who is the 'greater' power you are marching against? Everyone?

I am sure everyone marching against the Treaty stuff is vehemently against child abuse and I understand your point, but it's not as simple as you make it sound.

What would you do, march to their house and try 'force' them to admit to it? Or march against general child violence? Who is the 'greater' power you are marching against? Everyone?

I am sure everyone marching against the Treaty stuff is vehemently against child abuse and I understand your point, but it's not as simple as you make it sound.
While I’m sure by far the majority of Treaty marchers, like the majority of New Zealanders of every race and ethnic group, would oppose child abuse, I know at least one of them personally who doesn’t. A guy who had joined one of the marches in Auckland is an ex relative of mine and he learned about the Treaty as part of his time inside for sexually abusing girls. Since he marched, he’s been arrested again for abusing another school girl less than three weeks ago. If he’s convicted, this will be his fourth conviction.

TBH, I hope he’s not confined separately again but put into general and becomes someone’s bitch for the duration. Actually, that’s not fully true…… I hope he crosses the wrong person and never comes out again except in a box.

Back