Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dad took his gun up to Alaska to give it to one of my nephews…… it was pretty much a pea shooter compared to the guns they use for hunting up there…. a .22 isn’t stopping the moose they usually hunt.

Firstly, he had to get permission from the US Embassy in Wellington.

Then, on the flights between AKL to LA and then up to Seattle, he had to check the gun in so it would travel with the luggage, the bolt had to be in his carry on bag and the magazine given to the head steward to be securely stoyed.

He then travelled by ship up the Alaskan inside passage. When he boarded the ship, he went to surrender the gun. The crew member he was talking too laughed and told him to keep it. He then told Dad that over30% of his fellow passengers would be carrying weapons on the ship and they don’t have the secure space to hold the weapons in.
I remember reading about a governor in USA proposed that it should be OK for a person to take a firearm into a bar as long as they weren't drinking.
Unbelievable

Dad took his gun up to Alaska to give it to one of my nephews…… it was pretty much a pea shooter compared to the guns they use for hunting up there…. a .22 isn’t stopping the moose they usually hunt.

Firstly, he had to get permission from the US Embassy in Wellington.

Then, on the flights between AKL to LA and then up to Seattle, he had to check the gun in so it would travel with the luggage, the bolt had to be in his carry on bag and the magazine given to the head steward to be securely stoyed.

He then travelled by ship up the Alaskan inside passage. When he boarded the ship, he went to surrender the gun. The crew member he was talking too laughed and told him to keep it. He then told Dad that over30% of his fellow passengers would be carrying weapons on the ship and they don’t have the secure space to hold the weapons in.
I take it this was all pre the Twin trade centers.....

Reactions: kos
I remember reading about a governor in USA proposed that it should be OK for a person to take a firearm into a bar as long as they weren't drinking.
Unbelievable
Huh? Mate I regularly travel to mid west / southern states to train. 75% of those mfers carry.

I’ve had bar patrons, hotel managers, dates all whip out firearms to show me. They are all dead weight if something happens but they don’t know that.

To privatise prisons and extract profit they need prisoners. To protect corporates pillaging our resources there is a need to criminalise protest.

I have no doubt both will be attempted during this term of (corrupt) government.

My critical analysis:

The article starts by saying the stats are wrong… I lost interest after that. I’ve seen first hand the increase, witnessing several incidents that we would never have seen years ago. The article lost integrity at that point.

Then makes unfounded allegations about white people causing all the crime - I knew it was a work article and almost gave up.

It then claims: ‘Labour and Te Pāti Māori are both proposing measures that would reduce the role of police as first responders to situations like mental health crises, supporting a multi-agency response.’ They had 6 years and didn’t do it. The current govt is the ones doing exactly this…

Who’s this uneducated author? The entire article is woke, left wing dribble.

My position - some of the pillars you build society off is trust, integrity and being safe from crime. Those that follow these rules allows themselves to thrive in business and relationships. Do we want to be a first world country or a group of savages? Those that follow a different path will never get ahead in a society based on trust and deserve to be locked away so the rest of us can try to live in peace and civility.

By all means rehabilitate, etc but be harsh on crime. Drink driving and the harsh penalties show it works and lives are saved. I guess the apologist would rather more dead people…

Labours prison reductions goals failed miserably. Lock away people that can’t live by societies rules.

Last edited:
By all means rehabilitate, etc but be harsh on crime. Drink driving and the harsh penalties show it works and lives are saved. I guess the apologist would rather more dead people…
lol if you think National will implement anything close actually being harsh on criminals.

it’s very simple to achieve, punishment based on capacity, harm, and scale. A bullet in the head for everyone who commits

fraud / corruption in positions of power
Murder
Rape

Serious hard labour for
Violence
Sexual offences

Rehabilitation for minor dishonesty.

I’d be surprised if you had the stomach for that Wiz.

My critical analysis:

The article starts by saying the stats are wrong… I lost interest after that. I’ve seen first hand the increase, witnessing several incidents that we would never have seen years ago. The article lost integrity at that point.

Then makes unfounded allegations about white people causing all the crime - I knew it was a work article and almost gave up.

It then claims: ‘Labour and Te Pāti Māori are both proposing measures that would reduce the role of police as first responders to situations like mental health crises, supporting a multi-agency response.’ They had 6 years and didn’t do it. The current govt is the ones doing exactly this…

Who’s this uneducated author? The entire article is woke, left wing dribble.

My position - some of the pillars you build society off is trust, integrity and being safe from crime. Those that follow these rules allows themselves to thrive in business and relationships. Do we want to be a first world country or a group of savages? Those that follow a different path will never get ahead in a society based on trust and deserve to be locked away so the rest of us can try to live in peace and civility.

Labours prison reductions goals failed miserably. Lock away people that can’t live by societies rules.
I actually thought it made a lot of sense. Those non whites really should stop with all the ram raids, go to school, get an education and get in to the boardrooms. White collar crime is where the risk v reward benefits are the greatest. And everyone knows they love the benefits.....

The reality is that the Author of that article is clearly misguided. You only have to look at Wiz to realise not all white colour crime is committed by rich, white, males.

lol if you think National will implement anything close actually being harsh on criminals.

it’s very simple to achieve, punishment based on capacity, harm, and scale. A bullet in the head for everyone who commits

Murder
Rape

Serious hard labour for
Violence
Sexual offences

I'm on board. Depending on what you call minor dishonesty.

You will have people crying out about corruption and lowering wages by using prisoners to do hard labour. Unless you mean dig a big hole and then fill it back up by digging another big hole, and so on and so on.

You will have people crying out about corruption and lowering wages by using prisoners to do hard labour. Unless you mean dig a big hole and then fill it back up by digging another big hole, and so on and so on.
Pretty much. Slave labour for govt works. Just not as brutal as back in the day.

Murder
Rape

Serious hard labour for
Violence
Sexual offences

In some utopia where governments are never corrupt I'd be all for this, a bullet for any sex offender, killer or fraudster proved beyond reasonable doubt. But it's opening the door for corrupt regimes to knock off political enemies and undesirables, so I dunno if I'm really comfortable with this sanctioned state killing idea. Life sentences served literally 40-50 years ìs my preference.

Murder
Rape

Serious hard labour for
Violence
Sexual offences

I would be all in for serious crime. Singapore style!

But the public of NZ wouldn’t buy it.

I would actually do away with prisons and have a lawless island that we drop convicted criminals off to live in their preferred ‘survival of the fittest’ society. Everyone’s a winner!

Somewhere like… Australia!

I would be all in for serious crime. Singapore style!

But the public of NZ wouldn’t buy it.

I would actually do away with prisons and have a lawless island that we drop convicted criminals off to live in their preferred ‘survival of the fittest’ society. Everyone’s a winner!

Somewhere like… Australia!
Most of the public would support it I think.
Trouble is we have too many good doers and they have too much say

Ohhh as a side note, best rifle; AK47. That bitch is amazing. I got my armourers ticket it’s so cool.
Great fan of the SLR, while only semi auto, was very accurate and very few problems in the field. Bit like the Bren for us old codgers. Thought the 47 was harder on the shoulder (maybe shorter?) and more difficult to keep down.

Back