Staff Tony Iro

jonno

jonno

I like how he says "it's up to us, and to the players involved, to change peoples opinions,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but that's all they are at the end of the day."

It's the old Opinions Are Like Assholes line...:hilarious:

Reactions: Akkerz and bruce
Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

What interests me more is the comment at the end of the video about the fact that the Warriors have signed several players from the National Secondary Schools competition for next year. Interesting to hear who they might be?

I like how he says "it's up to us, and to the players involved, to change peoples opinions,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but that's all they are at the end of the day."

It's the old Opinions Are Like Assholes line...:hilarious:

Jordan G

What interests me more is the comment at the end of the video about the fact that the Warriors have signed several players from the National Secondary Schools competition for next year. Interesting to hear who they might be?

A couple have been mentioned in the recruitment thread.

Reactions: Afakasi247
Diesel

Diesel

After his "announcement" the thread my have to be changed to "Iro's old job".

Can't imagine George, Jim or Eric are happy with him blurting this out during the cooling off period

Generally Little

Generally Little

I like the part where he never actually says that they have been signed! The story has been manipulated to look like he is saying it. This is just the media jumping the gun again. It is not official until the club announce it.

Reactions: bruce
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
I like the part where he never actually says that they have been signed! The story has been manipulated to look like he is saying it. This is just the media jumping the gun again. It is not official until the club announce it.
Really? I havent seen the footage but One News are getting really good at that. Same thing for the Charlie Gubb interview where the reporter asked the same question 12 times and as soon as Gubb got short with her she had her gold. Tried the same with Sonny Bill...

Reactions: Off The Bench
jonno

jonno

Really? I havent seen the footage but One News are getting really good at that. Same thing for the Charlie Gubb interview where the reporter asked the same question 12 times and as soon as Gubb got short with her she had her gold...
It's reporters with zero facts trying to create a story during the interview.

I like the way Winston Peters deals with them. He just asks them what the hell they are on about. Then he tells them to come back when they have some facts and then ask some stupid questions..

Generally Little

Generally Little

Really? I havent seen the footage but One News are getting really good at that. Same thing for the Charlie Gubb interview where the reporter asked the same question 12 times and as soon as Gubb got short with her she had her gold. Tried the same with Sonny Bill...
Even if the news is true, they dont play the question that was asked to Iro. And Iro is just saying how those two players would strengthen the squad. He only mentions signings when he talks about the fans complaining. He said "unless we sign Cameron Smith, then the fans will complain."

Afakasi247

Afakasi247

Yep, One News is good at flipping a specific agenda regarding the Warriors.

Obviously because they're so pro YAWN-ion...

Iro could have been speaking hypothetically but the way the story was aired it was as if he was speaking actually (even though the Blair signing is the worst kept secret right now)...

The one thing that pissed me off is how they twisted the Gubb interview to seem as if he was gapping it because the Warriors are looking down the shitter and he wanted out.

Come on, we know the real reason - he was unwanted.

Reactions: mt.wellington