NRL Grand Final Discussion - Penrith vs Broncos

Slater was being kind.

Walsh was out of position the entire game, not just once.
Two led to tries and there was a poor tackle on Crichton (snaps from highlights)

Screenshot_20231002-140919 (1).png

Screenshot_20231002-141030 (1).png

Screenshot_20231002-141527 (1).png

Screenshot_20231002-141426 (1).png

Last one Walsh has been tracking the ball the whole time from (his) left to right and gets to Crichton and tackles so high. He literally bumps off Critta.

The only try that I recall where he creates one is for Mam's 3rd try where he steps Cleary and fends off Tago and passes to Mam.

I am sure if you watch the entire game there will be lots that Walsh is doing wrong.

Two led to tries and there was a poor tackle on Crichton (snaps from highlights)

View attachment 1017
View attachment 1018
View attachment 1019
View attachment 1020

Last one Walsh has been tracking the ball the whole time from (his) left to right and gets to Crichton and tackles so high. He literally bumps off Critta.

The only try that I recall where he creates one is for Mam's 3rd try where he steps Cleary and fends off Tago and passes to Mam.

I am sure if you watch the entire game there will be lots that Walsh is doing wrong.
Same as when he was here. He obviously didn't get tested playing in SOO.

I remember 10+ years back a similar example at Ericsson. A player was sent off and,”Hit the road jack” was played. The crowd joined in but it was roundly condemned by the print media. Can’t say that I’ve ever heard it played anywhere since?!
It was Gary Freeman playing for Penrith, he gave as good as he got did Gary 🤣

Just gotta say I was bloody tired this morning but it was worth it.
That was a class game.
I was saddened to hear that the Broncos hotel was next to an all night musical festival which is a bummer.

Back