Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRgyTYGD5Xs&t=2197s&pp=2AGVEZACAQ%3D%3D

I put this on the ladder prediction thread today but is really worth a listen if anyone has the time being 50 minutes. Heaps of interesting takeaways though, done just before the trial games obviously but these guys see this year as our best shot at a title

They both really rate Tuaupiki, hope he gets a chance to show his freakish skills in the first 2 or 3 rounds and locks up the backup fb spot. Can't wait to see how he goes, little fulla always looks like he's one clean beak away from lighting up a game Kevin Locke style but defences are a lot tighter than when Knobby was carving up.

They both really rate Tuaupiki, hope he gets a chance to show his freakish skills in the first 2 or 3 rounds and locks up the backup fb spot. Can't wait to see how he goes, little fulla always looks like he's one clean beak away from lighting up a game Kevin Locke style but defences are a lot tighter than when Knobby was carving up.
I've said it before but he gives me glimpses of Walsh, obviously not at that level. And is probably better than him in defence and not scared to run the ball back.

Our centre depth sounds crazy too listening to these guys, one day Rocco will tear it then the next Pompey comes in and carves up then the next Leiataua does the same. RTS locked in one side and Rocco got the start in the second trial, but sounds like there’s not a lot between them

With respect to Jazz, this seems like a pretty easy and convenient way to clear cap for the young brigade or multiple outside signings.

Would also support a one year extension. If it's good enough for SJ should be good enough for Jazz

Jazz played his ass us for us every year through our long journey of mediocrity, so I will always have love for him. This makes me feel a bit bad for him. It's tough because does he have a starting spot in a top 4 squad? I think they really should have persisted with his training out of dummy half, he needs to bring some utility.

Happy to keep him around as depth on the cheap though, can't feel too bad for him if he's earning $200k+

Jazz played his ass us for us every year through our long journey of mediocrity, so I will always have love for him. This makes me feel a bit bad for him. It's tough because does he have a starting spot in a top 4 squad? I think they really should have persisted with his training out of dummy half, he needs to bring some utility.

Happy to keep him around as depth on the cheap though, can't feel too bad for him if he's earning $200k+

I think you hit the nail on the head - does he have a starting spot (or even bench) for a top 4 team?
Imo he'd struggle to break into most of the top 4-6 teams, especially the starting team.

And because of his experience and being a Dally M player a few years ago I'd guess he's on at least 400k, so in all honesty, I don't think he fits the team any more. If he signs a new contract with us for peanuts I'd love to have him, but I think Super League or a lower ranked team might be his best options moving forward.

It's always hard moving a player like Jazz on tho. Bleeds for the team and I love the niggle and energy when he gets it right. But, when you're trying to win that top prize there's some hard decisions to make...

Hope he comes through and become a gun for his baby girl this season. Explains why he was so off his game recently

Twitter was censoring everything back then but the mosque shooting? Yikes

With respect to Jazz, this seems like a pretty easy and convenient way to clear cap for the young brigade or multiple outside signings.

Would also support a one year extension. If it's good enough for SJ should be good enough for Jazz

Shit happens eh.

Hope his Whanau recover well and thrive.

Jazz is the kind of guy that is too good for NSW cup, he will carve up and force his way back.

In the mean time players like him that play more on heart than skill (he has skills, he needs cup time to hone them) will get long minutes in Cup instead of the bit part in fg, which will make him a better player.

A fiery guy like that needs a reset every season, he needs it to come back stronger and focused.

Jazz will be back.

Shit happens eh.

Hope his Whanau recover well and thrive.

Jazz is the kind of guy that is too good for NSW cup, he will carve up and force his way back.

In the mean time players like him that play more on heart than skill (he has skills, he needs cup time to hone them) will get long minutes in Cup instead of the bit part in fg, which will make him a better player.

A fiery guy like that needs a reset every season, he needs it to come back stronger and focused.

Jazz will be back.
Hopefully he’s got the balance right in his life. He mentioned in that interview with himself and Walker that he was back having a few beers again after noticing his bad run of injuries came while being sworn off. He knows his body and what’s required to earn another extension, but there’s also the possibility of Webster looking for a reset in front row and himself being off contract while AFB leaves could be bad timing for him? Really like what he brings with his attitude but also as a middle forward alone might go against him also?

I’m happy to wait and see with Jazz, he started the season very well before getting injured and clearly wasn’t 100% at the start of the season.

There’s a decent chance he goes very well this season. I hope he does, through some very dark times supporting this team at least I knew Jazz was going to give it everything whenever he got on the field.

It’s a fine line deciding to hold on to a player who adds something to a team dynamic and also letting them go.
Wayne Bennett did this with great effect during his Broncos tenure, when some of his decisions left people scratching their heads but he would be proven right. There is still alot of experience signed for the next couple of years with a high probability of a reasonably well experienced body to be added. Gut feeling .. this is Jazz’s swan song season at the club.

It’s a fine line deciding to hold on to a player who adds something to a team dynamic and also letting them go.
Wayne Bennett did this with great effect during his Broncos tenure, when some of his decisions left people scratching their heads but he would be proven right. There is still alot of experience signed for the next couple of years with a high probability of a reasonably well experienced body to be added. Gut feeling .. this is Jazz’s swan song season at the club.
I remember when Bennett got rid of Wally.
People couldn't believe it but he was dead right