Player Toby Rudolf

Canadian_WarriorFan

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 13, 2013
Toby Rudolf

1589260035951.jpg

According to the Mole, Rudolf has signed with us. Take it with a grain of salt but...

The Mole

Last edited by a moderator:

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
According to the Mole, Rudolf has signed with us. Take it with a grain of salt but...

The Mole
Hopefully officially announced soon.

He probably forgot about Ben Murdoch-Masila. As the Mole lists Rudolf as our first significant recruit for 2021.

Two big bodies along with some promising big guys we debuted in the first two rounds. Now hopefully the rules don't change significantly suiting a smaller mobile squad.

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017

The Mole
Will be a good signing if true, and Warriors will always have to pay overs.
One thing that gives me hope is POS eye for talent, the unproven players that we have been linked to Rudolf, Kerr, Tino and another player who I can think of atm, have been impressive in either the preseason games, 9's or 2 regular season game.
Just need them to want to come over.

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
I prefer us paying say $300k for a Rudolf, than spending $800k on a good, but older/mid tier forward right now, especially when looking at who is available for 2021.

He's earned his spot in NRL after a couple seasons of reserve grade and some hard knocks with injury. When seeing him play round 1 and 2, it's pretty clear the guy is NRL level, and arguably out performed Fifita in those games. We need to set the side up for the future, we know the club has been thinking the same, going after guys like Tino and David Fifita with a shit tonne more cash.

Rose tinted glasses, but with young guys like Katoa and Rudolf in the squad, the forward pack future is looking a little brighter.

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
I prefer us paying say $300k for a Rudolf, than spending $800k on a good, but older/mid tier forward right now, especially when looking at who is available for 2021.

He's earned his spot in NRL after a couple seasons of reserve grade and some hard knocks with injury. When seeing him play round 1 and 2, it's pretty clear the guy is NRL level, and arguably out performed Fifita in those games. We need to set the side up for the future, we know the club has been thinking the same, going after guys like Tino and David Fifita with a shit tonne more cash.

Rose tinted glasses, but with young guys like Katoa and Rudolf in the squad, the forward pack future is looking a little brighter.
I agree but I’d be surprised if we only paid $300k. He sounds like a Sydney beach boy with strong family ties; I think it would have taken a fair bit to get him across

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
333k a year is pretty cheap for any player thay you are putting in your starting line up...
The figures have been looked into before. $9.6m divided by 30 players is an average of $330k each. When you have the top 4-5 players taking $600-1m each the average for the remaining 24 players is down to around $230k each. While a lot of lower guys will be minimum wage there will be a lot of experienced first grade players under $300k.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
I saw him at an ARL day not long before he left for Keebra and he was saying that was about 130kgs, he was big but he wasn't obese. He'd be about 6'1 so if he'd got to 150kgs he would've been wearing fat boy pants and I'm pretty sure Keebra wouldn't have taken him. He's big boned so he can carry 120kgs no problem. If you wanted longer minutes out of him, you'd need to get him down to 110 to 115 but then you'd lose a bit of impact I reckon. He had very good speed for a big kid and it set him apart from the rest. Oats moved him up a grade and he didn't set the world on fire I heard so he dropped back down. Might've just been that he wanted to play with his mates while he could, nothing wrong with that. More talented than determined at that time maybe. Seems to be determined playing for Tonga now.
Says he weighed 150kg when he arrived at keebra park on Wikipedia. The fact you know him personally is probably more accurate. Stuff news saying Toby Rudolph signing is about to be announced, really happy with the two signings for next year.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
What does that mean? Isn’t that just the stuff article?
Fuck if I know. I keep an eye on NRL universe, they tend to be not far off the mark. Reddit is the one on the right at the top on my tablet is all I know. Just need it to show (OFFICIAL) and it's a done deal.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Fuck if I know. I keep an eye on NRL universe, they tend to be not far off the mark. Reddit is the one on the right at the top on my tablet is all I know. Just need it to show (OFFICIAL) and it's a done deal.
Reddit/NRL Universe/ZeroTackle are mostly just news aggregators. You are not likely to get any official news/scoops on there before a news website.

Last Game

19 Jun

06 - 10
4.4 Total Avg Rating
5.4 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 16 ratings