Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A business in Gore having to pay the same as a business in Auckland despite completely different market conditions.

Either the gore business pays over local market or Auckland pays under local market rates.

With teachers, where pay is nationalised, we have seen teachers flee Auckland because two areas aren’t equal
What’s in place now for the employee to negotiate a fair rate?

But it was plain to see with the likes of q and an and the hui for example that there was no bias in the governments favour because of the money allocated? Is this belief based on a Jessica then tova order of questions asked? If so, that’s a long bow to draw. How would you like for media to get their funding? Donations?
Covid was a unique time where the media rallied around the government during covid and I actually supported that as needed given the situation. Only for a brief period though and it went on to long.

I believe there is natural bias in the media towards the incumbent government. It means the govt has to be extra careful around media funding and Labour didn’t do it as well as it should have.

I also believe it was a unique time with a combinations of Jacinda being a media superstar and Labour reliant on a strong PR game to cover their other failings. They built natural strong partnerships with the media (by shared PR focus plus covid) which became questionable when hard questions weren’t asked.

If there is funding it should be 100% unconditional and independent and this was not.

If you don’t believe it, why did you state it as the case and not just stupid multiple times? Your attitude seems to be completely different since national won the election, was there a bit scaremongering on your part?
Politics is all slogans and short sharp media sound bites - just ask NZ First

Winston claiming media corruption instead of saying the funding was stupid gets a lot better results 🤣

I believe there is natural bias in the media towards the incumbent government. It means the govt has to be extra careful around media funding and Labour didn’t do it as well as it should have.
But you’ve mentioned how the current government aren’t being afforded a “honeymoon period” from media. Is this labour still getting preferential treatment from media?

What’s in place now for the employee to negotiate a fair rate?
It depends on the type of work they are doing but more importantly, how much they are making for their employer,
A simple example. My good friend has a business doing excavation, retaining walls etc. Operators that can dig a hole and fill a truck are paid $28ph and are the first to be laid off if there is no work.
Operators that can read plans, set out the job etc get paid $40ph plus a company ute.
I think many small to medium size employers are fair payers and understand the cost of losing key employees.

But you’ve mentioned how the current government aren’t being afforded a “honeymoon period” from media. Is this labour still getting preferential treatment from media?
Over the months I think it will even out though as the media reads the room… but there is a pro Left influence still showing through.

The media isn’t reflecting the election result or the people as the recent poll has shown.

How has the media got so out of alignment with average NZ?

Yes.L they aren’t. Over the months I think it will even out though as the media reads the room…

The media isn’t reflecting the election result or the people as the recent poll has shown.

How has the media got so out of alignment with average NZ?
So why is this any different to what’s being perceived on here as conspiracy theories when your allegation has nothing to support it other than your view?

So why is this any different to what’s being perceived on here as conspiracy theories when your allegation has nothing to support it other than your view?
Our truth is our reality!

What’s true anymore in the world of propaganda and PR?

Just got to use our own logic and analytical thinking and filter it the best we can

Honestly, I’ve posted articles, stats and even academic papers on here to support a view and had posters claiming it’s all false and the researchers didn’t know what they were doing.

When you have that level of denial, where there are basically no longer any facts or truths it descends into a free for all where conspiracy theories are just as viable as anything else.

It all starts with a trusted medium (media, facts and figures) to build off.

60% of voters say no to that.
That's MMP though. What percentage of voters is covered by the current government? No different to saying 63% didn't want Labour in government in 2017. The way the country is set up politically you can group labour and the Greens as a block and national and ACT as the other block. A vote for one is essentially a vote for the other.

Early days. Time will tell.
It usually does

Collective agreements and Individual Contracts if I'm not mistaken
Nothing really than the individual to try and secure what’s best then? Since collective agreements are between employers and unions and only a select few occupations have unions in the current workforce.

It depends on the type of work they are doing but more importantly, how much they are making for their employer,
A simple example. My good friend has a business doing excavation, retaining walls etc. Operators that can dig a hole and fill a truck are paid $28ph and are the first to be laid off if there is no work.
Operators that can read plans, set out the job etc get paid $40ph plus a company ute.
I think many small to medium size employers are fair payers and understand the cost of losing key employees.
There’s also a situation of that $28ph operator not having the rights you’d hope to raise alarm on something the employer is telling them to do for the concern of potentially an immigrant in a more desperate situation and will do what’s asked whether it be safe and at a lesser rate.

Back