Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I'm surprised by how many people still point out Rudolf's backflip with us as a reason not to get him.

His mum is blind and his grandmother ended up getting cancer which I think was the official reason for backfilling, but the reality is he had only played a handful of first grade when he signed, and once the Sharks decided they wanted him they would have encouraged him to reneg. I dunno, yeah it's a dick move but I'm not going to hold it against a young guy who may have had reservations about leaving his home country for the rabble that we were, especially with whanau having issues and Cronulla showing interest.

Anyways, still a no from me (unless we got both BHU and Rudolph at the same time for 2024)
With this being the case of why Rudolf backflipped, you’d have to wonder what’s changed to make him happy to leave and come over now? Same with AFB, if his situation is genuine, you’d think if he can get home to family earlier that he’d jump at the chance? If you thought that the chance of win a title with us would keep him, the sharks have a strong squad too. I wonder if Rudolf could be offered to Sydney teams to keep him home and we end up with someone that gets freed up from that? I have no inside knowledge whatsoever and just my view but I think there could be some smoke around BHU. I think they’d release him from his final year for AFB early. Again just my view but I think people should prepare for the possibility of AFB going early.

Need one or two young ones to power up the energy levels

Looking a little like the shark pack last year- old and stale
And two players that had injury concerns last year. There are pros and cons but as already mentioned, super hard to replace last years form from AFB. Just got to trust Webster and McFadden, which I do. Like I said, anything I’m saying is just off my own conclusions from rumours I’ve seen so should be taken with a grain of salt. Ideally we’ve got him next season and he’s on a warpath.

And two players that had injury concerns last year. There are pros and cons but as already mentioned, super hard to replace last years form from AFB. Just got to trust Webster and McFadden, which I do. Like I said, anything I’m saying is just off my own conclusions from rumours I’ve seen so should be taken with a grain of salt. Ideally we’ve got him next season and he’s on a warpath.
Gonna make for an interesting round 1 vs Sharks.

Again speculation but I’ve wondered why bulldogs haven’t locked up Max King with so many teams after biggish mobile forwards who can play big minutes. Could see Rudolf at bulldogs, I reckon BHU and Max King would be good value for AFB?
I would be ultra keen on Max King, BHU not so much. Together wouldn't be the worst though
Max King is a bit younger, fitter and capable of greater minutes.

I would be ultra keen on Max King, BHU not so much. Together wouldn't be the worst though
Max King is a bit younger, fitter and capable of greater minutes.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4OmKD5ndVY

All these offloads would be handy for speeding things up like Webster wants and create 2nd+ phase play. I guess with BHU you still have that true prop?

Being that attitude is a real attribute in a prop, I reckon BHU would really bring it out in Jazz. Would a pack and bench give away too much size? Consisting of
Max King
Egan
BHU/Niukore
Capewell
Ford
Harris

Walker
Jazz
BHU/Niukore
Barnett

A grain of salt slice of lemon and a shot of tequila

Question - if BHU is keen to come to NZ and signs for 2025, if Sharks offer us Toby and BHU to come in 2024, do we pull the trigger and swap?

Obviously losing AFB for 2024 would suck but having 2 decent, older props (with BHU being the bigger body were looking for) do we pull the trigger on that? I imagine both would roughly cost the same as what AFB costs (600k for Toby, 500k for BHU).

It could be our best option moving forward for 2025, but weakens us a little for 2024
Fuck Toby Rudlolf with a fucken yard glass! Can't wait for that cunt to get pushed out of the shire!

Whoever we get hope they announce it soon. This speculative shit is driving me mad lol.

Happy if we got a combo or any of this lot
Utoikamanu
BHU
Hazleton
Taumalolo
Neame

Meh signings , That'll piss me off but fuck it, I'll support them if i have too.

Rudolf

Wish list
Joey Tapine
JFH

Probably end up with
Jaydn Sua 😏
Until we hear otherwise, we just presume AFB still here next year. Could take all next year to find his replacement though? I share your wish list.