General Warriors Preseason 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is great seeing the club with a lot of promising talent coming through. It would have been tough keeping the ones they had on the books during the pandemic. Either training back at home like they were doing originally or getting consistent football in Australia.

I was expecting it would take a while for the club to get back on its feet after returning. Top (first grade) to bottom (lower grades) I was wrong and I can't be happier about it.

The club seems like its in a good place. Our guys always seem to enjoy each others company but all of the little things you hear about the club it seems everyone is training hard and believing they can build on 2023.

Going to the NSW Cup game at North Harbour earlier this year there was a lot of the first grade side there supporting their team mates. Worth pointing it out as we often hear how our guys don't watch a lot of other games. I know that isn't scouting their opposition on TV but it helps show the spirit in the club at the moment.

I was initially thinking each journalist had to do a specific team as there was no double ups until the Roosters listed again at the end.

2023 our performances were consistent at home or on the road. That needs to be repeated in 2024.

Keep winning and have Mt Smart packed out every home game so the opposition have to come to an intimidating atmosphere and give our guys a boost. Pick up wins away from home to ensure we finish high up the ladder.

Love the no excuses Webster was pushing. The travel was a convenient excuse in the past. Not in 2023 and hopefully more of that in the future.

We one of the teams mentioned.
There are still a couple of things that make me go either "This game is going to suck" or "This season is going to suck."
The game comment: A large crowd at MSS.
The season comment: Being rated as genuine chances by Australian pundits.

There are still a couple of things that make me go either "This game is going to suck" or "This season is going to suck."
The game comment: A large crowd at MSS.
The season comment: Being rated as genuine chances by Australian pundits.
If we can beat the Storm or Penrith this year I'd almost be content with not making the GF again, it would mean the landscape has changed and a lot of hoodoos laid to rest. It's been so long since we had the wood on either of them. Preferably Melbourne, but they look a pretty strong squad again to me.

That’s an interesting combination of people in that pic. How do Reuben Love , Bronson Xerri and the Young brothers share a gym together.
Roger Fabri connection im guessing?
I seen on Roger Fabri's podcast recently Reuben Love went over to do some sprint training with him. Bit off topic but i think Reuben would kill it in the halves in league the kids special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back