Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes it would have to be a proportion of dual/multiple household incomes to account for 26% ratio. Very few rentals under $500 pw unless in Northland or Invercargill, hardly major cities. Invers is a province of Antarctica anyway, or should be.
They would also have to take into account in some households, one person could be semi-retired, or work part-time, or be self employed and not draw a large income. I’m glad I don’t have to work out the figures… to quote my dearly departed mother, “it would do my head in!!!”

What a joke. Luxon claiming credit for the early reopening of the Kopu-Hikuai road and bridge in the Coromandel.
I am absolutely flabbergasted with this fuckin totally bullshit report on TV one tonight

What a joke. Luxon claiming credit for the early reopening of the Kopu-Hikuai road and bridge in the Coromandel.
I am absolutely flabbergasted with this fuckin totally bullshit report on TV one tonight
Pisses me off when they do that. My ex brother-in-law was an executive for Auckland Transport. He was constantly taking credit for projects which started before he was employed by them. He also kept going on about public transport, cycle lanes and changes to low emission vehicles. His “company car” was a hybrid….. his private car was a Falcon FPV GT.

Pisses me off when they do that. My ex brother-in-law was an executive for Auckland Transport. He was constantly taking credit for projects which started before he was employed by them. He also kept going on about public transport, cycle lanes and changes to low emission vehicles. His “company car” was a hybrid….. his private car was a Falcon FPV GT.
Un,fuckin,believable.
Didn't expect Numbnuts to give the labour party accolades but to go on national TV and talk about how well they have done is beyond belief.
I have lost any hope for the future of NZ with this fuckwit in the chair.

Yesterday’s 0.3 decline in GDP in just the September quarter makes New Zealand the worst-performing economy in the developed world. And we’re forecast to be worst next year as well 🙁

Even then, the result was inflated by record net migration, despite yet another massive brain-drain.

Per person, GDP fell an extraordinary 0.9 per cent in just three months.

On an annual basis, GDP fell 0.6 per cent. That compares with our main trading partners all growing respectably over the same period: Australia up 2.2 per cent; the US up 3.0 per cent; and China up 4.9 per cent.

The mind boggles at how bad the data would have been had the previous Government not also cynically flooded the economy with borrowed cash.

Covid to long ago; cyclones a year ago; Russia/Ukraine war can’t use that one anymore either; what about Jacinda/Robertson simply did not understand how the world works…

On a positive note I hear National plans to announce they intend to double exports in 10 years. Thats a plan that will create wealth and fund social services. And one that we can hold them to account on because they will still be in govt then, because of the last 6 lost years!

Yesterday’s 0.3 decline in GDP in just the September quarter makes New Zealand the worst-performing economy in the developed world. And we’re forecast to be worst next year as well 🙁

Even then, the result was inflated by record net migration, despite yet another massive brain-drain.

On an annual basis, GDP fell 0.6 per cent. That compares with our main trading partners all growing respectably over the same period: Australia up 2.2 per cent; the US up 3.0 per cent; and China up 4.9 per cent.

The mind boggles at how bad the data would have been had the previous Government not also cynically flooded the economy with borrowed cash.

Covid to long ago; cyclones a year ago; Russia/Ukraine war can’t use that one anymore either; what about Jacinda/Robertson simply did not understand how the world works…

On a positive note I hear National plans to announce they intend to double exports in 10 years. Thats a plan that will create wealth and fund social services. And one that we can hold them to account on because they will still be in govt then, because of the last 6 lost years!
That’s what happens when you put all your eggs in chinas basket. They have looked totally inward and as our biggest trading partner, we’re feeling the effects.

That’s what happens when you put all your eggs in chinas basket. They have looked totally inward and as our biggest trading partner, we’re feeling the effects.
Covid; cyclones; Russia/ Ukraine war; China?

Maybe that’s just what happens when you adjust all the economic settings to be anti business while business has no resilience after covid.

Sort of like reconfiguring the health system in a pandemic. Daft.

And before you say they couldn’t have known how it was going to turn out - I was very vocal saying exactly this would happen 🤷‍♂️

Covid; cyclones; Russia/ Ukraine war; China?

Maybe that’s just what happens when you adjust all the economic settings to be anti business while business has no resilience after covid.

Sort of like reconfiguring the health system in a pandemic. Daft.

And before you say they couldn’t have known how it was going to turn out - I was very vocal saying exactly this would happen 🤷‍♂️
You conveniently forget that a lot of those businesses would have been completely fucked without hand outs during Covid
Did any of your businesses get assistance 🤔

You conveniently forget that a lot of those businesses would have been completely fucked without hand outs during Covid
Did any of your businesses get assistance 🤔
Businesses all round the world got assistance through covid, with left or right governments.

They would have got the same with National.

But they wouldn’t have been hammered with extra taxes, rapid forced wage inflation, enforced lack of staff, converting prime land to forest, reducing stock ratios per acre, etc, etc

My staff did get assistance - my business didn’t… 😉

Surely not wizard of Tauranga wizard of Tauranga

I thought we had just elected the best Government the country will ever see!
If Luxon feels it’s necessary to take credit for a bridge his government wasn’t responsible for, let’s wait for him to also take responsibility for a recession the previous government was responsible for. Politics 101…. accept the good (even when you didn’t do it) and blame everything else on the previous government. And who said Luxon would learn the tricks for being a PM.

The fact that he wasn’t PM during the September quarter doesn’t matter, Does it?

The mind boggles at how much rubbish you write. How about cancelling those ferries eh? You know, the ones that National should have implemented 8 years ago and we wouldn't be in this mess. And where's the cost benefit analysis, not to mention assessment of reputation damage? Oh that's right, there is none.

This will set us back decades, more short termism that will fuck us over in the long run, and cost us billions more. And for what? Because National are awful, horrendous at economic management, liars, corrupt, can't even remotely keep to their promises/bribes and WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE A TAX CUT BECAUSE THE COUNTRY CAN'T AFFORD IT.

"makes New Zealand the worst-performing economy in the developed world. " citation please. And a definition of the developed world. Facts and figures please.

The mind boggles at how much rubbish you write. How about cancelling those ferries eh? You know, the ones that National should have implemented 8 years ago and we wouldn't be in this mess. And where's the cost benefit analysis, not to mention assessment of reputation damage? Oh that's right, there is none.

This will set us back decades, more short termism that will fuck us over in the long run, and cost us billions more. And for what? Because National are awful, horrendous at economic management, liars, corrupt, can't even remotely keep to their promises/bribes and WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE A TAX CUT BECAUSE THE COUNTRY CAN'T AFFORD IT.
Well Labour were reeming Kiwirail about the cost overruns and would have in all likelihood pulled the pin as well.

But it’s Nationals faults it’s 4.5 x budget and still going up aye and the cost benefit analysis done when first approved is now shot to pieces 🤣

Last edited:
Back