General Tigers announce 2009 home games

Skinny_Ravs82

https://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/2305846

Wests Tigers will open their 10th anniversary celebrations next year with a home game against Canberra at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.
The club announced the venues for its home games next season across four home grounds - Campbelltown, Leichhardt Oval, the Sydney Football Stadium and the Sydney Cricket Ground.
Campbelltown will host three matches against the Raiders (round one), Newcastle (round seven) and Brisbane (round 11).
Renovations expected to take 12 months will then be undertaken at Campbelltown.
Traditional home ground Leichhardt will also host three home matches - against Melbourne (round six), Penrith (round 13) and North Queensland (round 19).
As part of a new two-year deal with the Sydney Cricket Ground and Sports Trust, the Tigers will play five home games at the SFS and one at the SCG in 2009.
The SFS will host games against the Sydney Roosters (round three), St George-Illawarra (round 16), Manly (round 21), Parramatta (round 24) and the Bulldogs (round 26).
The Tigers will again play South Sydney in round 10 at the SCG as part of the NRL's heritage round.

Kid-Dynamite_old

As part of a new two-year deal with the Sydney Cricket Ground and Sports Trust, the Tigers will play five home games at the SFS and one at the SCG in 2009.

The Tigers will again play South Sydney in round 10 at the SCG as part of the NRL's heritage round.

Another case of money being the main priority! The Tigers have some of the best suburban grounds in the league (in Leichardt abd Campbelltown), and yet they're going to sacrifice 5 home games to play at the SFS and SCG which half the time has no atmosphere, and if they're playing another Sydney team will pretty much be a neutral ground! I don't get it! They would get just as much people to Leichardt or Campbelltown, it'd fill up these grounds and create a much better atmosphere!

And there is another heritage round next year!?!?

Skinny_Ravs82

I don't even think the SC is ideal! I remember the Warriors played the Rabbits there in a game in the 2005 season..it seemed to be wrong! lol. even that test match this year was played there