Internationals Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie_7_old

Guest
Just put this thread in here coz I can't be bothered reading all of the other threads :lol: and trying to comment in all of them. Feel free to add in.

Last night what I think let us down the most was our drfence (something like 32 missed tackles) and our kicking game. The ref. also had an absolute shocker and should never be let to ref an international again. He made absolute stupid calls both ways and was an absolute amateur. The crowd was great and that haka was awesome as always. I thought that Louis, Vagana and Whatuira all had solid games and Tupou had a good debut (besides the result). Jason Cayless was an absolute ripper and Webby also had a good game besides his kicking but as we know he's not exaclty kicker material. I was glad Benji's shoulder held out. Disappointed at the loss but last but not least.............and it may sound cruel.....but..BLOODY GEEZ Pritchards hit on K.Hunt was like the best thing ever and even if the Kiwis had won that would have been the highlight of the game!!!! That for me sweetened the loss. That was the best thing since sliced bread!!!! If he was seriously hurt it would have been a different story. Man oh man even reading Teletext today they said the guy couldn't remember most of his debut!!!!!! Some of it was his fault too I mean he kinda ducked into the tackle. I just loved the close-ups the camera did on his face after he came around. Now that he's had his treatment we can foreget about him.

!!!!MEAN PRITCHARD MEAN!!!!
 

2big2strong_old

Guest
do we really need 28 posts on the same, depressing, game? *jokes* :p
 

da mad maori

Guest
The trouble with us kiwi's is that we always single out something, that really didnt contribute to the 'team effort'. That hit on Carmichael was nothing.ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Especially when youre' on the losing side.
 

commonsense_old

Guest
da mad maori said:
The trouble with us kiwi's is that we always single out something, that really didnt contribute to the 'team effort'. That hit on Carmichael was nothing.ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Especially when youre' on the losing side.

it shouldve though. big hits like that lift teams. u see it happens to the roosters all the time when adrian morley lines someone up.

the kiwis didnt handle it properly. instead it was the aussies who fired up after that hit.
 

da mad maori

Guest
It meant nothing because it happened some way into the second half.
The big hits should have happened earlier, against the men most likely to do damage. Kennedy, Petro,Hindmarsh, Johns Lockyer,Buderus, and whoever else.
Hunts hit was nothing. He wasnt' causing us problems. It would have been better for us had he stayed on.
 

ozbash_old

Guest
true but karmichael was always going to get that. it wasnt a genuine soften them up type hit. it was a ' take that ya mongrel' hit. i enjoyed it immensly.

we lost last night cos we were too keen, too many mistakes, gasnier and cooper ripped us apart and we placed too much of our hopes on SBW and benji.

we are a hugely better side than we saw last night.

the aussies beat us by 28 points,, so what.
 

Chelsea-Lee_old

Guest
My thoughts: If pritchard made the same amount of effort in the game, as he did in lining up Hunt, he might have made an actual impact ;), Actually ditto with alot of the Kiw's. They all spent so much time on lining up K for Big hits, when he just got up after each other (obviousin barring the last one :p).

The NZ defence was horrible! Australia did nothing to creative, yet managed to pile on 50 points. Tsk Tsk Nz.
 

Bulldog_old

Guest
Chelsea-Lee said:
My thoughts: If pritchard made the same amount of effort in the game, as he did in lining up Hunt, he might have made an actual impact ;), Actually ditto with alot of the Kiw's. They all spent so much time on lining up K for Big hits, when he just got up after each other (obviousin barring the last one :p).

The NZ defence was horrible! Australia did nothing to creative, yet managed to pile on 50 points. Tsk Tsk Nz.

Obviously you know sh!t about football...australia not creative? oh yeah, the tries just came along accidently did they?...p!ss off Hunt nuthugger
 

Chelsea-Lee_old

Guest
Bulldog said:
Chelsea-Lee said:
My thoughts: If pritchard made the same amount of effort in the game, as he did in lining up Hunt, he might have made an actual impact ;), Actually ditto with alot of the Kiw's. They all spent so much time on lining up K for Big hits, when he just got up after each other (obviousin barring the last one :p).

The NZ defence was horrible! Australia did nothing to creative, yet managed to pile on 50 points. Tsk Tsk Nz.

Obviously you know sh!t about football...australia not creative? oh yeah, the tries just came along accidently did they?...p!ss off Hunt nuthugger

Wow, ouch you cut me deep :roll:

Even JOhns said they weren't creative, it was pretty simple stuff really. Little chip kicks, second man plays, attacking links. Nothing special. The tries came from shit defence by the kiwis. THe other tries were individual brilliance. NOthing too creative, yhou don't h ave to be creative to score you tries you know... and you say I know nothing about football!?
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
Bulldog, watch your insults.

Otherwise...carry on, you two. :D
 

Bulldog_old

Guest
Chelsea-Lee said:
Bulldog said:
Chelsea-Lee said:
My thoughts: If pritchard made the same amount of effort in the game, as he did in lining up Hunt, he might have made an actual impact ;), Actually ditto with alot of the Kiw's. They all spent so much time on lining up K for Big hits, when he just got up after each other (obviousin barring the last one :p).

The NZ defence was horrible! Australia did nothing to creative, yet managed to pile on 50 points. Tsk Tsk Nz.

Obviously you know sh!t about football...australia not creative? oh yeah, the tries just came along accidently did they?...p!ss off Hunt nuthugger

Wow, ouch you cut me deep :roll:

Even JOhns said they weren't creative, it was pretty simple stuff really. Little chip kicks, second man plays, attacking links. Nothing special. The tries came from slop defence by the kiwis. THe other tries were individual brilliance. NOthing too creative, yhou don't h ave to be creative to score you tries you know... and you say I know nothing about football!?

Just to educate you a little since you're obviously so ignorant, to put in chip kicks for instance, you need to decide how much force you would need to put onto the ball so as to go the distance that you want it to travel, or whether its going to be along the ground, at what angle, or even up in the air to allow the kicker to regather, which part of the ball to kick to dictate how the ball will bounce or sit up...how many times have you seen a chip kick during a game that doesnt eventuate in anything or worse, backfires? Thas right chelsea, you need to use a litle bit of grey matter, which of course involves "creative thinking". To say that to score tries you dont need to be creative is an ignorant statement...just watch the the next league game carefully and see how attacking players position themselves against the defending team...how the pivot player will look for runners who will be aiming for gaps in the defence, or how a ball player will try and run between two defending players and try and free his ball carrying arm....these are deliberate, creative plays chelsea, not some random "hey Joey, lets just pass the ball around and maybe, by accident, we will score a try!"....

...please go and learn something about rugby league and stop embarrassing yourself on this board with your ignorant juvenile statements.
 

Chelsea-Lee_old

Guest
Bulldog said:
Chelsea-Lee said:
Bulldog said:
Chelsea-Lee said:
My thoughts: If pritchard made the same amount of effort in the game, as he did in lining up Hunt, he might have made an actual impact ;), Actually ditto with alot of the Kiw's. They all spent so much time on lining up K for Big hits, when he just got up after each other (obviousin barring the last one :p).

The NZ defence was horrible! Australia did nothing to creative, yet managed to pile on 50 points. Tsk Tsk Nz.

Obviously you know sh!t about football...australia not creative? oh yeah, the tries just came along accidently did they?...p!ss off Hunt nuthugger

Wow, ouch you cut me deep :roll:

Even JOhns said they weren't creative, it was pretty simple stuff really. Little chip kicks, second man plays, attacking links. Nothing special. The tries came from slop defence by the kiwis. THe other tries were individual brilliance. NOthing too creative, yhou don't h ave to be creative to score you tries you know... and you say I know nothing about football!?

Just to educate you a little since you're obviously so ignorant, to put in chip kicks for instance, you need to decide how much force you would need to put onto the ball so as to go the distance that you want it to travel, or whether its going to be along the ground, at what angle, or even up in the air to allow the kicker to regather, which part of the ball to kick to dictate how the ball will bounce or sit up...how many times have you seen a chip kick during a game that doesnt eventuate in anything or worse, backfires? Thas right chelsea, you need to use a litle bit of grey matter, which of course involves "creative thinking". To say that to score tries you dont need to be creative is an ignorant statement...just watch the the next league game carefully and see how attacking players position themselves against the defending team...how the pivot player will look for runners who will be aiming for gaps in the defence, or how a ball player will try and run between two defending players and try and free his ball carrying arm....these are deliberate, creative plays chelsea, not some random "hey Joey, lets just pass the ball around and maybe, by accident, we will score a try!"....

...please go and learn something about rugby league and stop embarrassing yourself on this board with your ignorant juvenile statements.

Clear ly from your post, Im not the one who needs educating. Im talking about plays for goodness sake. They were all simple plays, we didn't do anythingn to creative, we weren't anything spectacular, we just knew how to get over the line. Thast what Johns meant to, hey Im just backing up a Johns comment, and last time I checked he played Friday night, so I think he would know what he's talking a bout ;)

How you position yourself, and weighting of the ball, and where to kick it, isn't b eing creative, its a part of l eauge, its standard league. Its what goes on in every game.

What I mean by creative, is out of the ordinary, which is what JOey meant. We didn't do anythign that you wouldn't do in a normal game of league. We didn't go that extra special mile, we just did basic plays, and stuck to a simple game, which hey we thrashed you guys by, so Im happy ;)
 

Bulldog_old

Guest
Chelsea-Lee said:
Bulldog said:
Chelsea-Lee said:
Bulldog said:
Chelsea-Lee said:
My thoughts: If pritchard made the same amount of effort in the game, as he did in lining up Hunt, he might have made an actual impact ;), Actually ditto with alot of the Kiw's. They all spent so much time on lining up K for Big hits, when he just got up after each other (obviousin barring the last one :p).

The NZ defence was horrible! Australia did nothing to creative, yet managed to pile on 50 points. Tsk Tsk Nz.

Obviously you know sh!t about football...australia not creative? oh yeah, the tries just came along accidently did they?...p!ss off Hunt nuthugger

Wow, ouch you cut me deep :roll:

Even JOhns said they weren't creative, it was pretty simple stuff really. Little chip kicks, second man plays, attacking links. Nothing special. The tries came from slop defence by the kiwis. THe other tries were individual brilliance. NOthing too creative, yhou don't h ave to be creative to score you tries you know... and you say I know nothing about football!?

Just to educate you a little since you're obviously so ignorant, to put in chip kicks for instance, you need to decide how much force you would need to put onto the ball so as to go the distance that you want it to travel, or whether its going to be along the ground, at what angle, or even up in the air to allow the kicker to regather, which part of the ball to kick to dictate how the ball will bounce or sit up...how many times have you seen a chip kick during a game that doesnt eventuate in anything or worse, backfires? Thas right chelsea, you need to use a litle bit of grey matter, which of course involves "creative thinking". To say that to score tries you dont need to be creative is an ignorant statement...just watch the the next league game carefully and see how attacking players position themselves against the defending team...how the pivot player will look for runners who will be aiming for gaps in the defence, or how a ball player will try and run between two defending players and try and free his ball carrying arm....these are deliberate, creative plays chelsea, not some random "hey Joey, lets just pass the ball around and maybe, by accident, we will score a try!"....

...please go and learn something about rugby league and stop embarrassing yourself on this board with your ignorant juvenile statements.

Clear ly from your post, Im not the one who needs educating. Im talking about plays for goodness sake. They were all simple plays, we didn't do anythingn to creative, we weren't anything spectacular, we just knew how to get over the line. Thast what Johns meant to, hey Im just backing up a Johns comment, and last time I checked he played Friday night, so I think he would know what he's talking a bout ;)

How you position yourself, and weighting of the ball, and where to kick it, isn't b eing creative, its a part of l eauge, its standard league. Its what goes on in every game.

What I mean by creative, is out of the ordinary, which is what JOey meant. We didn't do anythign that you wouldn't do in a normal game of league. We didn't go that extra special mile, we just did basic plays, and stuck to a simple game, which hey we thrashed you guys by, so Im happy ;)

I know your game, chelsea, and you're too stupid to realise I'm on to you...all you're trying to do is to belittle the Kiwis by saying that the aussies didnt have to be creative to thrash them...your arrogance is only matched by your stupidity...by your definition then, there's no creativity in any given game of rugby league...that teams run onto the paddock with a game plan, whether simple or otherwise? So whats a "normal" game of league?
 

Chelsea-Lee_old

Guest
Bulldog said:
Chelsea-Lee said:
Bulldog said:
Chelsea-Lee said:
Bulldog said:
Chelsea-Lee said:
My thoughts: If pritchard made the same amount of effort in the game, as he did in lining up Hunt, he might have made an actual impact ;), Actually ditto with alot of the Kiw's. They all spent so much time on lining up K for Big hits, when he just got up after each other (obviousin barring the last one :p).

The NZ defence was horrible! Australia did nothing to creative, yet managed to pile on 50 points. Tsk Tsk Nz.

Obviously you know sh!t about football...australia not creative? oh yeah, the tries just came along accidently did they?...p!ss off Hunt nuthugger

Wow, ouch you cut me deep :roll:

Even JOhns said they weren't creative, it was pretty simple stuff really. Little chip kicks, second man plays, attacking links. Nothing special. The tries came from slop defence by the kiwis. THe other tries were individual brilliance. NOthing too creative, yhou don't h ave to be creative to score you tries you know... and you say I know nothing about football!?

Just to educate you a little since you're obviously so ignorant, to put in chip kicks for instance, you need to decide how much force you would need to put onto the ball so as to go the distance that you want it to travel, or whether its going to be along the ground, at what angle, or even up in the air to allow the kicker to regather, which part of the ball to kick to dictate how the ball will bounce or sit up...how many times have you seen a chip kick during a game that doesnt eventuate in anything or worse, backfires? Thas right chelsea, you need to use a litle bit of grey matter, which of course involves "creative thinking". To say that to score tries you dont need to be creative is an ignorant statement...just watch the the next league game carefully and see how attacking players position themselves against the defending team...how the pivot player will look for runners who will be aiming for gaps in the defence, or how a ball player will try and run between two defending players and try and free his ball carrying arm....these are deliberate, creative plays chelsea, not some random "hey Joey, lets just pass the ball around and maybe, by accident, we will score a try!"....

...please go and learn something about rugby league and stop embarrassing yourself on this board with your ignorant juvenile statements.

Clear ly from your post, Im not the one who needs educating. Im talking about plays for goodness sake. They were all simple plays, we didn't do anythingn to creative, we weren't anything spectacular, we just knew how to get over the line. Thast what Johns meant to, hey Im just backing up a Johns comment, and last time I checked he played Friday night, so I think he would know what he's talking a bout ;)

How you position yourself, and weighting of the ball, and where to kick it, isn't b eing creative, its a part of l eauge, its standard league. Its what goes on in every game.

What I mean by creative, is out of the ordinary, which is what JOey meant. We didn't do anythign that you wouldn't do in a normal game of league. We didn't go that extra special mile, we just did basic plays, and stuck to a simple game, which hey we thrashed you guys by, so Im happy ;)

I know your game, chelsea, and you're too stupid to realise I'm on to you...all you're trying to do is to belittle the Kiwis by saying that the aussies didnt have to be creative to thrash them...your arrogance is only matched by your stupidity...by your definition then, there's no creativity in any given game of rugby league...that teams run onto the paddock with a game plan, whether simple or otherwise? So whats a "normal" game of league?

:lol: Haha I didn't realise I was playing a game, thanks for telling me. Im not trying to belittle the kiwi's, I don't need to do that, all I have to do to do that , is repeat the score :wink:

Nooo... I never said there wasnt any creativity in a game of League, ffs, you people are so slow. YOu dn't look past your own little opinions to open your mind to a broader picture :roll:

If you read the last part of my post, what I meant by creativity is that we didnt' do anything out of the norm, we didn't do anything you wouldnt usually do. There was nothing spectacular, Yes there is creativity behind plays if you want to look at it like that way, but thats not what Im talking a bout here ;). Im takling about beyond that, Like Johns said, Aus stuck to a simple game plan, and didn't do anything fancy, or anything to creative.

If you don't understand that, theres no hope for you.
 

Bulldog_old

Guest
Chelsea-Lee said:
Yes there is creativity behind plays if you want to look at it like that way

LMAO...thank you....see, you can admit to your mistake...the only problem is I had to extract it out of you like blood from a stone, but no worries, thats the norm with bullsh!t artists like yourself. You've certainly gone the the long way around to finally contradicting your earlier statement.
 

Chelsea-Lee_old

Guest
Bulldog said:
Chelsea-Lee said:
Yes there is creativity behind plays if you want to look at it like that way

LMAO...thank you....see, you can admit to your mistake...the only problem is I had to extract it out of you like blood from a stone, but no worries, thats the norm with bullsh!t artists like yourself. You've certainly gone the the long way around to finally contradicting your earlier statement.

Funny how you only quote that part of my post and not the rest, which explains what I say makes sense. But of course you don't want to see past your precious opinion :roll:

I didn't make a mistake. When I said there is creativity behind plays, I meant in simply plays Yes there may be at times, BUT THATS NOT THE FREAKIN CREATIVITY IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!... LIke I said I meant creativity as in fancy stuff, and we didn't go any of that, we stuck to simply plays (which actually doesn't need that much creativity, just a lot of concentration and skill, so technically I could still argue that point, but I won't otherwise you'll just prance around that arguement instead).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Replies
1
Views
730
*Kimmy*_old
Replies
0
Views
643
*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old
Replies
21
Views
2K
Kaiaua krusher_old
Replies
58
Views
3K
Viking_old
Replies
43
Views
3K
Jesbass_old

Last Game

08 May

10 - 29
3.9 Total Avg Rating
2.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 13 ratings