Player Thomas Leuluai

natedogg

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 12, 2012
Thomas Leuluai

Thomas+Leuluai+Broncos+v+Warriors+CY6nI22kHsmx.jpg

Why do people keep referring to TL as Shoulders when Steve Matai has been known as Shoulders for years ? And TBH there is no one more deserving of this nickname that Matai.

Im sure you would all be up n arms if say manly fans changed David Williams nick name from The Wolfman to The Beast.

Could you guys not think of something more original for TL ?

Poor form.

PS His nickname according to the "truth" of Wikipedia is actually "Tommy"

No where does it mention "Shoulders"

While making up nicknames for your favourite/team players is good fun, if they already got one, dont mess with it !

Magic Stick

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Why do people keep referring to TL as Shoulders when Steve Matai has been known as Shoulders for years ? And TBH there is no one more deserving of this nickname that Matai.

Im sure you would all be up n arms if say manly fans changed David Williams nick name from The Wolfman to The Beast.

Could you guys not think of something more original for TL ?

Poor form.

PS His nickname according to the "truth" of Wikipedia is actually "Tommy"

No where does it mention "Shoulders"

While making up nicknames for your favourite/team players is good fun, if they already got one, dont mess with it !
Really????...2moro morning go to ur mrs coffee group if u have one...and whinge about BS there

natedogg

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 12, 2012
I thought that's what the Wigan fans called him?
Didn't even know matai was called shoulders tbh- is that coz he clutches at them every other tackle?
I don't think a nickname changes because you change teams. I could be wrong though :)

Hitman82

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Wellington
He's due back in 2 or 3 weeks.

Chad Townsend is going pretty damn well at standoff, do we believe Leuluai would be better?

Nathan Friend's critics (including me) have shut up with his solid form of late. Is there a role for Leuluai off the bench into hooker?

Is Thomas Leuluai going to be our most experienced and expensive NSWarriors player?

What would you do, and what do you expect McFadden to do with Thomas?

Last edited by a moderator:

InsideBall

Warriors 1st Grader
Oct 24, 2012
I know Cappy did it earlier in the season, but he can't drop Townsend for Leuluai again. He even said at the time, that it was a very hard call on Chad to drop him, when he hadn't really done anything wrong. Not only that, but Chad's playing much better than he was then and building... At the end of the day, Chad has a better kicking game, better passing game, has at least a comparable running game, and an indomitable will to compete - an asset this club was crying out for more of.

Moreover, Thomas has basically had no football since last year - surely there is no way he can be match fit, wouldn't it make a great deal of sense to at least give him a game for two in NSW Cup to get some semblance of fitness. When that happens, how you use him? Personally... I think it has to be at hooker, but at the expense whom? Provided Ngani reclaims his centre spot, Thomas is going to have to replace one of Seb, Benry, Mateo or Matagi... Tough call.

Last edited:

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland
As per the title.
I've noticed a few Leuluai tangents cropping up, so I figured we could centralise discussion.

He's due back in 2 or 3 weeks.

Chad Townsend is going pretty damn well at standoff, do we believe Leuluai would be better?

Nathan Friend's critics (including me) have shut up with his solid form of late. Is there a role for Leuluai off the bench into hooker?

Is Thomas Leuluai going to be our most experienced and expensive NSWarriors player?

What would you do, and what do you expect McFadden to do with Thomas?
I haven't shut up just yet lol
Friend IS a defensive liability and he lacks the ability to lead a team unlike Lueluai who can and has done both for the kiwis, Wigan, London and the Warriors.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
With a fully fit forward pack his place is bench hooker for mine, probably in place of Mateo, who has been better, but isn't a necessity.
And none of this friend and TL at lock at the same time carry on, I think we've seen friend is better with a breather, bit hard on Havili, but he'll get his chances.

Bench of seb ika, TL, Henry, matagi covers most bases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

20 Sep

14 - 26
5.9 Total Avg Rating
5.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings