Internationals Thomas Leuluai

playdaball_old

I've said before and I'll say it again...

Thomas Leuluai is a shocker:

His kicking game is too short and seems to always end up in the oppositions hands on the full

He is a defensive liability. He never seems to complete tackles

He has already given away two penalties inside the Kiwis half

Apart from one pass his attacking game is not flash

Why is Bluey keeping him on now that Benji is on?

It is halftime and I think that we'll get beaten. I also hope that Thomas plays a great game and I end up with egg on my face.

Go Kiwis!!!!1

Kiwi League_old

Thomas was great tonite....what a disgracefull post.
Go looking somewhere else for your scapegoat.

Esoj_old

were we watching the same game. he was average tonight like most of the kiwi team. there is no scapegoat the whole team was fairly average as a whole tonight

Kiwi League_old

Esoj, you are blind. Some guys were outstanding. Thomas went allright, but some guys were outstanding & some were not.
Get a tape of the game & have a watch; look out for David Kidwell , Paul Whatuira, Sonny Bill, Louis Anderson & Roy Asotasi. Open your eyes because you missed some damn fine efforts.

mosh_old

Mate Kiwi League you must have been watching the game after downing a few Lion Reds or something. The Ref had a shocker, and was unacceptable for an International match and Leulaui was good in the first 10 minutes, but simple did not have the class or vision to spread the ball our wide to the centres or wingers. No cut out passes, no grubbers behind the forwards or trying something new. Just a distrubutor and because of that he was ordinary.

Esoj_old

no kiwileague i actually watched the game. maybe you should open your eyes and count how many times thomas kicked it straight down the throat of the aussie back 3. I said as a whole the team was average they were a few stand out performers like asotasi but overall average.

glad we were watching the same game mosh

Northern_Union

Kiwi League said:
Thomas was great tonite....what a disgracefull post.
Go looking somewhere else for your scapegoat.

Apart from his kicking i thought he was bloody good tonight.

Bulldog_old

..yeah, Thomas was never a great kicker of the ball, but I was happy with his performance otherwise.

JonB_old

He reminded me of tevita Latu tonight. He is someone that could of made a real big difference aswell.

PHANTOM MENACE_old

Thomas had some sting in defence but apart from that was a waste of a plane ticket from the UK.

Kicking game was hopeless, cant recall him NOT kicking to someone on the full

guten targ_old

In part I agree with you..it got worse on attack when he went off..that says something and yeah kicking was never his strong suit, but I was happy as well

Esoj_old

precisely what I saw phantom meance but apparently I was watching a different game. he did ok on defence but was very lacking on attack and made lots of poor options.

Northern_Union

So He layed on the first try for us and was a waste of a plane ticket...thats marvelous thinking.

JonB_old

I agree Guten targ out attack was worse without Thomas on the feild, I think that Benji might not do alot of organising for the Tigers, it is a shame he doesn't do much kicking there aswell Benji's boot didn't look to bad for someon who doesn't kick alot.

Esoj_old

benji is one of the tigers playmakers so I am sure he is used to organising a team. he may not kick alot but when he does he normally provides results. thomas to me was fairly average on attack. that pass for the first try was good but what else was there. lots of kicks were nothing kicks or they went straight down the fullbacks throat. he also seemed to run out of ideas.

benji at least tried a few things and had a much better kicking game than thomas did. benji was clearly rusty but you could at least see his skill in what he was trying to do, which imo was a lot more than thomas was being able to produce.

commonsense_old

thomas is clever little ballplayer. likes to run around looking for gaps.
remind me of nathan fien. very similar players. both good at running the ball but both have HORRIBLE kicking games.
difference is thomas is too short and nathan is too long.

AliN_old

he was a bit too fired up at the beginning I thought but sadly he'll be remembered for his kicking game which was shocking, and is an important part of the game. Johns first 3 positional kicks were just as bad.
Leuluai puts his body on the line continuously against the big guys and it was noticeable when he left injured that our attack and defence slowed.