General This is the worst piece of commentary I have ever heard..

KeepingTheFaith_old

Ropati is shocking, he adds absolutely nothing.

Pearce is just as bad and along with Tallis can't even get out full sentences without stumbling over their words. Ben "Believe you me" Ikin just plain gives me the sh*ts.

Greg Alexander goes ok, and Daley is good as long as he's kept miles away from the Dragons.

Skinny_Ravs82

Ropati is shocking, he adds absolutely nothing.

Pearce is just as bad and along with Tallis can't even get out full sentences without stumbling over their words. Ben "Believe you me" Ikin just plain gives me the sh*ts.

Greg Alexander goes ok, and Daley is good as long as he's kept miles away from the Dragons.
LOL yeah agree about Daley..Alexander isn't bad at times..but I haven't had a chance to listen to him commentate much this year. Would be nice to see him commentating on the Warriors. He's not great but not as bad as soom. Freeman is a little bit crazy at times...tries to be funny but is like...not. lol Andy Raymond and Mark Braybok (however it is spelt) sometimes aren't too bad.

Esoj_old

the sky commentators generally are shocking. ropati with his lisp is just shocking for tv and he can't really commentate either. he sounds more like someone down at the pub than a tv commentator.

MarkW_old

I seem to recall in the match vs Parramatta, Halligan announced that Nathan Hindmarsh had scored a try when in fact it was Nathan Cayless. Hindmarsh wasn't even playing - and still it took about 3 attempts to identify the actual player *clap*.

Northern_Union

What really rips at my already badly torn ball sack is Wopos biased towards his brother....no matter what Jerome does wrong (and god knows theres plenty) he makes excuses for him, and when Jerome does something good (and god knows there few of them) he gushes about it.

cablenathan_old

Oh for the glory days when we had the two Graeme's (Hughes and Lowe) in the booth.

Jesbass_old

What really rips at my already badly torn ball sack is Wopos biased towards his brother....no matter what Jerome does wrong (and god knows theres plenty) he makes excuses for him, and when Jerome does something good (and god knows there few of them) he gushes about it.

Peter and Jerome Ropati share the same surname, but are not related.

raypower_old

Does anyone remember a couple of years back where Wopo, waiting for the Video Wef said, "I think you'll find it's a T.I.Y."

The guy is an embarassment for sure but look at all the replies, you'll all be sorry when he goes as you'll have no one to heckle, no one to cry and bitch and moan about.

I give Wopo my full blessing to bastardise the english language. Well done Mr Wopati, well done!

Chief_old

GO GUS This guy is a legend in my books. Love hearing his insights to the game. Commmentary, sunday roast, anything. Wopo is no match. As for costigan. I would have to say worst part was when Price scored the try and costo was sure it was a forward pass and said "look at price - He kkknnnnoooowwwwws, he kkkkknnnnnnooowwwwsssss" Sounds like a naggy old woman. Bring back hughes :)

Esoj_old

Does anyone remember a couple of years back where Wopo, waiting for the Video Wef said, "I think you'll find it's a T.I.Y."

The guy is an embarassment for sure but look at all the replies, you'll all be sorry when he goes as you'll have no one to heckle, no one to cry and bitch and moan about.

I give Wopo my full blessing to bastardise the english language. Well done Mr Wopati, well done!

no we might be able to take the tv off mute and enjoy the commentary for once :D

and hell yes to hughes and lowe. they were great together.

Jesbass_old

Really????

My apologies to Peter Ropati and Jesbass. I stand corrected.

And I sit smugly. :p

There was an article that went along those lines a year or two ago. With the Cayless brothers, Hindmarsh brothers, Johns brothers, Vagana cousins, Bowen cousins, Price and Tate in-laws, etc, etc, etc, it's fair enough to assume they were related. ;)