Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
Nickname
Webby
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 3, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
March 3 2023, Round 1 vs Newcastle Knights at SKY Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2015
  2. 2016
  3. 2023
  4. 2024
Signed From
Penrith Panthers (Assistant Coach)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Webster_(rugby_league)
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/andrew-webster/summary.html
Just to summarize my posts that were lost.

Round 7: I would reverse my vasectomy so I can have another child and name him after this great man.
Round 16: I would probably turn gay for this great man
Round 25: I would definitely turn gay for this great man

Charismatic, smart, honest and a great leader

Players eyes light up when they speak about him

I could tell in the body language from Tohu earlier in the season he had mad respect and admiration for Webby

Everything he says just makes so much sense

Does he have some sort of magic potion over all of us?

Don’t know what it is but in the off season we need to sign him up further …

All the articles I've read about his coaching journey, you want to show ambitious young kids this is how you get to the top in a field you feel passionate about.
He's done a true apprenticeship. He even says he doesn't have an issue with former players being fast tracked through the ranks.

Quite amazing hearing some of his comments or other people speak on where they have crossed paths with him. Comments about training teams in the car park, Mason even said he stayed with Webster in England.

He's been well travelled for someone in rugby league typically a comment like that would be heard about union not league.

Also amazing how all the things he said before he arrived about what his side would do. Things like being resilient, consistent, defend well, build respect. I was skeptical as it sounded like good headlines and things we have heard before. Well he's managed to achieve that in one year. He's also hinted on building on it.

i think it was Bruce Bruce that called it some time ago? but bang on autism diagnosis.

very high functioning ASD. (formally referred to as asperger’s syndrome).
the either looking through, or the perfectly timed eye contact then blink and look away you could set your watch by is a dead giveaway for someone who generally would struggle with eye contact but who’s done media training/social therapy.

love this man.
love everything he’s brought to this squad.
but more than that, love the way all the boys have responded and bought in.

this was the coach we’ve always needed.

i don’t expect to win it this year, but the next few years are looking really fucking peachy, man.

Last edited:
i think it was Bruce Bruce that called it some time ago? but bang on autism diagnosis.

very high functioning ASD. (formally referred to as asperger’s syndrome).
the either looking through, or the perfectly timed eye contact then blink and look away you could set your watch by is a dead giveaway for someone who generally would struggle with eye contact but who’s done media training/social therapy.

love this man.
love everything he’s brought to this squad.
but more than that, love the way all the boys have responded and bought in.

this was the coach we’ve always needed.

i don’t expect to win it this year, but the next few years are looking really fucking peachy, man.

That was me re the Rainman thing.

You can spot it easy hey.

Gives him extra cool points in my book.

good interview.

I've said it a few times, but his message is consistent and always the same.

Keep it simple......

He's a genius and may have unlocked the key to the Warriors.

Back