General Prediction: Simon Mannering Medal 2023

SJ for me, for the simple fact that he’s in career best form and nearing the end of his career with one season to go and without him, along with other absolute stand outs in AFB/Tohu/DWZ etc we wouldn’t be playing finals and he won’t have another chance after 2024.

Simon mannering medal (player of the year): SJ, AFB and DWZ are in the running for the Dally M team of the year so it has to be from them. Has to be SJ he’s the highest Dally M, most consistent and game changing player.

Players player: Tohu Harris or CNK?

Rookie of the year: Ali Leiataua

Clubman of the year: Jazz Tevaga?

I think Taine is a shoe-in for club Rookie of the Year.

Only the four rookies this year, and very few games between them (4 for Taine, 2 for Ronny, 2 for Demitric, 1 for Ali), at least compared to how much I feel like rookies have played for us in the past. Taine has had the most games of them all, and played great in each of them.

My Tips would be..
Simon Mannering Medal: SJ
(SJ is a Dally M front runner, with respect to the other big guns, this isn't even particularly close)
Players' Player: AFB
(The players can see first-hand how much of a DAWG this guy is, I am fairly confident he'll take this one)
People's Choice: DWZ
(DWZ mania is almost as big as SJ, honestly, it could be even bigger. He has the most signs for him at the games, and even my little brother has got himself a filthy mullet so he could be like him. Kids love Dallin, Their parents love SJ)
Clubman: Tohu
(This is kind of impossible to pick, so I'm going with Tohu since he was our Ken Stephen Nominee, Perhaps we see a CNK or a fringie squeeze in here though)
Rookie: Taine
(See above)
Cup: Ronny
(Ron has by all accounts lit it up, and I think I saw he even got the highest point scorer in Cup)

CNK has to be in the mix?
Jackson Ford? Based on Mannering like effort?

Whats the players choice award? I'd be keen to see who thinks who is a great team mate and player

Back