General They Really Need An Update

Ronnie_7_old

Guest
I just finished e-mailing Warriors HQ, thought that I would ask wether or not Frank Paul Nuuausala is leaving/left/not (not that I'm expecting an answer if he is) and I noticed that the message they give you after you have sent them an email is:

"Thanks very much - enjoy the season 2005"

"Go the Vodafone Warriors"

I figure that they've had like 49 days to change it so I sent them another email saying they need to change it. Haha.
But seriously I think that the website needs a change. I feel like it needs something else.
Its all kind of serious stuff and it needs to lighten up a bit. Maybe they need stuff in the players' profiles like other NRL clubs' sites. Questions like which of your team mates thinks he can sing or who has the most annoying habit and what is it they could do the same for Management and Admin profiles too. I dunno. Something to lighten it up a bit
 

Wiki_old

Guest
I've taken note Ronnie and will take that into account when I plan to purchase the Warriors in 10 years time :)
 

AmeriKiwi_old

Guest
Geez, I hate to always sound like "in America this, and in America that", but I can`t help but make comparisons between the way football and other major sport are promoted there and here in N.Z. Don`t get me wrong, I LOVE living in N.Z. and have no desire to return to the states, so I`m perfectly willing to settle for many things being done here in a smaller and more reserved way.
But you can`t HELP feeling the excitement filling the air before, during, and even after sports events in America. The announcers are as excited as the fans when a game is on t.v., spend lots of time profiling each player`s abilities, strengths, and the same is done for the team as a whole. I`d like to see the Warriors names printed on the back of their jerseys, not only a number, so I know who`s who. Would also be nice if the Warriors management did more to promote the team, and adding more interest to the Warriors website would be a good place to start, as Ronnie suggests. More excitement = more fans = more ticket sales and larger crowds at every game!! Think BIGGER, is what I`d tell the Warriors management... if I could get them to read the e-mail on their website.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
 

Ronnie_7_old

Guest
Wiki said:
I've taken note Ronnie and will take that into account when I plan to purchase the Warriors in 10 years time :)

LOL :lol: How much do you plan on paying me for them? :p
 

Northern_Union

Guest
It's a shame the yankie boy want get to see Francis pull off a hit on Brent Tate or get to see Mr Effective bust the line at 100miles an hour.

There web site is crap, i fon't even bother going there anymore.
 

JonB_old

Guest
AmerKiwi is correct the Cleveland Browns website has videos on it and articles that are layed out alot better and also does peices on history of the browns.
And the americans make a huge deal of the 'drafts' the juniors operate differently in the states but some are stars before they even play a pro game.
 

Wiki_old

Guest
Ronnie_7 said:
Wiki said:
I've taken note Ronnie and will take that into account when I plan to purchase the Warriors in 10 years time :)

LOL :lol: How much do you plan on paying me for them? :p

Quite possibly any amount of money.

I'm 18 now. Give me till I am 30 and I will have a majority stake.

Guaranteed.

:)
 

da mad maori

Guest
Dont you fella's know......

WE ARE SHAREHOLDERS.

Thats why we call them "OUR TEAM" !!!
 

AmeriKiwi_old

Guest
WARRIORS MGMT. ON TIGHT BUDGET

I e-mailed the Warriors website and passed on some of the suggestions posted here regarding improvements/updates to the Warriors website. Here`s the reply I received...

Thanks for your mail. We look at other sites regularly and, you're
right, there are a lot of good ideas out there but upgrading a website
is not a cheap business. There's only so much we can do within our
budgets at this point.


-----Original Message-----
From: Patty Curtis
Sent: Monday, 20 February 2006 9:55 a.m.
To: Richard Becht
Subject: FW:



Patty Curtis
Administration
Vodafone Warriors
Phone: + 649 526 8822
Mobile: +64 21903362
Email: patty@warriors.co.nz

Geez, if the owners of a professional rugby team can`t afford to make a few upgrades to their own website, things must be tough indeed... anyone have any spare footballs or old shoes they can donate to the team? :(
 

Ronnie_7_old

Guest
Haha. First let me say that although you're new at this you really need to stop calling it RUGBY. That is a whole different game and opens up a huge can of worms on here aye RS_Dragon :wink: Plus its the lesser sport so lets just say LEAGUE/FOOTY. Secondly if it came down to financial contsraints I would rather we get our Warriors Elite Dev. squad in Jersey Flegg then have a website for our team. This forum does just fine all we would need is someone at Warriors HQ getting the inside scoop aye DMM. LOL.
 

mosh_old

Guest
Re: WARRIORS MGMT. ON TIGHT BUDGET

AmeriKiwi said:
I e-mailed the Warriors website and passed on some of the suggestions posted here regarding improvements/updates to the Warriors website. Here`s the reply I received...

Thanks for your mail. We look at other sites regularly and, you're
right, there are a lot of good ideas out there but upgrading a website
is not a cheap business. There's only so much we can do within our
budgets at this point.


-----Original Message-----
From: Patty Curtis
Sent: Monday, 20 February 2006 9:55 a.m.
To: Richard Becht
Subject: FW:



Patty Curtis
Administration
Vodafone Warriors
Phone: + 649 526 8822
Mobile: +64 21903362
Email: patty@warriors.co.nz

Geez, if the owners of a professional rugby team can`t afford to make a few upgrades to their own website, things must be tough indeed... anyone have any spare footballs or old shoes they can donate to the team? :(

Yeah and why is Patty answering emails and giving opinions on why the website isn't up to scratch, I guess she has free time from the envelope licking and answering phone calls. Next thing we will have the janitor answering questions at the press conference.
 

Ronnie_7_old

Guest
It's called admin. Someone tells her what to reply to the e-mail so she replies.
 

AmeriKiwi_old

Guest
Please forgive my "faux pas"!! I guess I was thrown off by the "R" in "NRL"... so much to learn for a newbie Yank!! :shock:
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
AmeriKiwi said:
Please forgive my "faux pas"!! I guess I was thrown off by the "R" in "NRL"... so much to learn for a newbie Yank!! :shock:

Lol, I wouldn't worry about, AmeriKiwi. It is a form of rugby, but it's called rugby league, as merely stating 'rugby' usually refers to rugby union - the one with fifteen players on the field and lots of kicks! ;)
 

AmeriKiwi_old

Guest
AHHH, THANKS for clarifying that, Jessbass!! Yet ANOTHER kiwi term understood... rugby = UNION!!
League = LEAGUE!! ; ))
Easier one to remember than boot = trunk... or capsicum = peppers :lol:
 

Esoj_old

Guest
yeah you have to be careful how you say the word rugby league. rs dragon goes into orbit if you muck it up.

but generally speaking in nz rugby=union and league = league.-
 

Ronnie_7_old

Guest
welcome to the world of New Zealandisms

lollies=candy
candy floss=cotton candy
hot dog=corn dog (I think) I dunno a bateered sausage in a stick
american hot dog=hot dog
tomato sauce=ketchup
toilet=bathroom
Aluminium=aluminum
colour=color
mum=mom
biscuit=cookie


Oh and when we say pies they are usually savoury pies like mince and Cheese and not desserts

oh hell here's a link amerikiwi it'll help when you're talking to someone https://www.chemistry.co.nz/kiwi.htm
 

Similar threads

Replies
23
Views
2K
sebastian_old
Replies
115
Views
5K
ToiletDuck_old
Replies
7
Views
1K
andytones_old
Replies
32
Views
2K
warrior_girl81_old
Replies
3
Views
753
Skinny_Ravs82