General The Top 8

danpatmac_old

With only 4 rounds to go I can't see anyone coming in from outside the current top 8 teams, can you?

I also think with the Knights having thumped the Raiders that even though the Tigers won a great game vs Dragons they have actually dropped a place o 8th (on for/against)... what an awesome and close comp we have.

How do you see the final placings right now?

For me

Storm
Eagles
Cowboys
Broncos
Warriors
Tigers
Dragons
Knights

wazzam_old

With only 4 rounds to go I can't see anyone coming in from outside the current top 8 teams, can you?

I also think with the Knights having thumped the Raiders that even though the Tigers won a great game vs Dragons they have actually dropped a place o 8th (on for/against)... what an awesome and close comp we have.

How do you see the final placings right now?

For me

Storm
Eagles
Cowboys
Broncos
Warriors
Tigers
Dragons
Knights

That would be the best scenario for us I think. Of the top 4 teams i'd fancy our chances against the Broncos most. Knights would lose to Storm-goooone, Dragons would lose to Sea-eagles-goooone, Tigers-Cowboys not sure!

Fazz_old

I'd almost rather we came 8th tbh...

Broncos at home playing for Lockyer's career? no thanks...
Cowboys at home in a possible repeat of 2007? no thanks...
Manly at home where we seldom beat them? better then the other two, but still not super keen.
Storm at home where we're always in with a chance in a fixture we've won before? Best of a bad lot imo.

danpatmac_old

Manly at home where we seldom beat them? better then the other two, but still not super keen.
Storm at home where we're always in with a chance in a fixture we've won before? Best of a bad lot imo.

In the end we have to play somebody somewhere

Spence_old

I just want us to survive week one, so finish at least 6. Let's be honest, we're going to have to pull more than a cat out of the bag to win this comp, so I hope we aren't cannon-fodder in week one, at least have one life. On our day we can beat, or lose to, anyone in that top 5, just splitting hairs this fair out, me thinks.

wazzam_old

I see your point!
I honestly thought we were the better team last night and we whipped them twice last year. I was hoping this celebration of Lockyer might be starting to wear a bit thin! Not that he doesn't deserve it-he's an absolute legend, but how many more times can his team rise to the same occasion?

Fazz_old

I just want us to survive week one, so finish at least 6. Let's be honest, we're going to have to pull more than a cat out of the bag to win this comp, so I hope we aren't cannon-fodder in week one, at least have one life. On our day we can beat, or lose to, anyone in that top 5, just splitting hairs this fair out, me thinks.

Pretty much this. I reckon if we can get to week two this season would be considered a success. We can build on it next year. Really I just want to finish ahead of the ****ing Tigers.

one-eyed-warrior_old

I'm sick of hearing about Lockyer , win or lose I'll be glad when this season is over, the lockyer fapping isunbearable in Brisbane

a.c.e_old

I want a repeat of Suncorp! This time the results go our way, in a very big way!

Tyrael_old

I think it will be like this. Cowboys will lose to us and the broncos, so we'll jump ahead of them. Playing Dragons in Sydney isn't too bad.

Storm
Eagles
Broncos
Dragons
Warriors
Cowboys
Knights
Tigers

one-eyed-warrior_old

I think slot of people are writing the tigers of to lightly, they have slot of momentum

ToiletDuck_old

I think it will be like this. Cowboys will lose to us and the broncos, so we'll jump ahead of them. Playing Dragons in Sydney isn't too bad.

Storm
Eagles
Broncos
Dragons
Warriors
Cowboys
Knights
Tigers

Haha why are the Tigers suddenly going to implode? They've just beaten the Drags and Manly. The teams they have left are Pamfers, Eels, Gold Coast and Sharks...

ToiletDuck_old

Not totally sure why everyone has us in 5th?

The way I calculate it, unless we beat the Dragons we're headed for a 7th finish. That is also assuming that the Broncos beat the Knights (in Newcastle).

That is also assuming we beat the Knights and the Cowboys.

In other words, if I had to put money on this - 7th or 8th are the most likely.

Lego_Man_old

The problem is that even if we finish 6th (or even 5th) above the Tigers - theyre a high chance of triumphing in Week 1 - so a loss for us would/could see us unceremoniously ejected like last year.

The Dragons game is shaping us on key. Although to be fair, on current form we could also lose to the Knights which would be disastrous.

sebastian_old

The problem is that even if we finish 6th (or even 5th) above the Tigers - theyre a high chance of triumphing in Week 1 - so a loss for us would/could see us unceremoniously ejected like last year.

The Dragons game is shaping us on key. Although to be fair, on current form we could also lose to the Knights which would be disastrous.

Massive game for us, this weekend. We should be so hungry and we'll need to be as the Knights will at least be confident, but thats where it should end. We just should be too good for them.

We are above the Knights level of skill, we should have too much class and firepower where it counts. They play crafty footy at best. They certainly won't be as tough as the Broncos. The Knights will turn up hungry, at least. We too must turn up hungry. If, we can do that, not only am i confident of a win but perhaps even a 10+ win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Est95_old

Yeah im feeling pretty confident too, we should be able to take care of the knights. If we lose though....we'll prolly be 8th

Patu_old

Hopefully Moony's back at centre. MadDog was in sublime form against the Raiders and will be causing some problems on our left edge, where defensively we haven't been that great.

Ryno_old

Im sitting on the fence a bit and can see it go either way with results.

We should be able to beat the Knights this weekend and then the Panthers the week after.

Then the next two games against the Dragons and Cowboys are the clinchers for where we place. Either as high as 4th or as low as 8th.

Remaining games for the Broncos (would finish on 38):
Cowboys (w)
Knights (w)
Rabbits (w)
Sea Eagles (l)

Remaining games for the Warriors (would finish on 34):
Knights (w)
Panthers (w)
Dragons (w)
Cowboys (w)

Remaining games for the Tigers (would finish on 34):
Panthers (w)