The SBW Religion Thread

Discussion in 'Social Forum' started by Northern_Union, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Northern_Union
    Join:

Northern_Union Guest

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

2. ToiletDuck_old
    Join:

ToiletDuck_old Guest

It's old news really. He's waiting for the salary cap to be bumped up to either sign with a Sydney club or head back over to France to get huge $$ doing not much in Top 14.

3. Northern_Union
    Join:

Northern_Union Guest

It is old news, every man and his dog or rooster knows he's going back to Sydney.

4. ToiletDuck_old
    Join:

ToiletDuck_old Guest

While he obviously divides opinion, he leads a pretty enviable life. Travels around the world getting huge coin, jumping between sports as he pleases. Not without success along the way either, he's won an NRL premiership and a rugby world cup. Many league/union players would be very happy with either. And he's still only 26. I mightn't agree with a lot of what he's done, but he's a supreme athlete and I enjoy watching him play.

5. Northern_Union
    Join:

Northern_Union Guest

Agree that he's a great athlete. From what i have observed of him as a person at a distance he strikes me as an enormous douch. Just glad that we stopped chasing him.

6. ToiletDuck_old
    Join:

ToiletDuck_old Guest

Haha it was funny in 2008 when he left, and Phil Gould had had a one on one interview with him on the Footy Show - then really talked him up...he ups and leaves a couple of months later. Brilliant.

7. Sirpartyman_old
    Join:

Sirpartyman_old Guest

I thought it said... "who's been finding the name $BW boring"... I was gonna say I have been for years... Oops my bad

8. Buck777_old
    Join:

Buck777_old Guest

Matthew Johns was on Sydney radio this morning saying SBW was '100% coming to the roosters'. I guess we watch and see

9. HD_old
    Join:

HD_old Guest

I'd love to hear what Mark Geyer is saying about this, I remember him going off on The Sunday Roast when he walked out on the Dogs -- found it

4:15 - Geyer rage

10. Jesbass_old
    Join:

Jesbass_old Guest

11. Magic Stick_old
    Join:

Magic Stick_old Guest

NZ Herald

SBW has dumped Jaime Ridge and is now dating Liam Messam...both will sign for the Roosters on a 1 year deal with a clause also too have two nude jelly wrestling fights within 12 months...Quade Cooper is also rumored to be part of the package

12. Fazz_old
    Join:

Fazz_old Guest

This.

Roosters would be dumb to sign him and have their cap destroyed. Their Backrow is alright as it is...they should focus on strengthening other areas.

13. omg_old
    Join:

omg_old Guest

One thing that came out of Canterbury last year was how friendly to the fans he was and would be seen signing autographs long after every one else in the Team had left.

While the Roosters have some reasonable back rowers none come even remotely close to the talent and game breaking/winning ability that SBW has. He will put a lot of bums on seats, most of them Women.

14. HD_old
    Join:

HD_old Guest

The problem for the Roosters isn't backrowers though, so while SBW would undoubtedly improve them in regards to backrow, it would do little to address their legitimate shortfalls. If anything I would say the Roosters have too many impact forwards. What they need is another grinder, they've got 1 in Martin Kennedy but they're short of another. If the Roosters have the money to buy SBW then they're ****ing idiots, in my opinion, because they'd have been better advised to throw everything they had at someone like James Graham -- If they are looking to improve their forward ranks.

SBW isn't going to arrive at a club like the Roosters and turn them into a Premiership outfit.

Roosters spine is shit, the backs in general are shit.

15. omg_old
    Join:

omg_old Guest

2013 Spine is looking pretty decent, Friend,Pierce,Maloney, Fullback still unknown but they say Mortimer has been doing well there in trials and Perrett seems like the logical successor, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear a big Fullback signing for them next year as they are baulking at re-signing Mini.
    There current backs are far from shite SKD,Perrett,Minichello,Leilua,Taikirangi and then theres excitement machines Moga,Tagive and Adam Henry ,Daniel Tupou(Eels weren't happy about this one).The interesting one is Roger Tuivasa Sheck who was being chased by a whole heap of Clubs including Yawnion clubs.. They seem to have bought well in the forwards buying Jack Bosden who is highly touted workhorse 2nd rower/prop. They had a terribly unlucky injury toll last year. If they were to be getting SBW he could be going to a very well balanced team.. Im still tipping Smith to be first Coach sacked though he is woeful in my opinion..

16. HD_old
    Join:

HD_old Guest

Don't bullshit a bullshitter mate. Any argument you can make for their backs being quality I can make a better one for their second row.

The vast majority of players you named would struggle to get position in any other NRL team.

17. sebastian_old
    Join:

sebastian_old Guest

Never under rate the Roosters. Money never sleeps. And brothers, the Roosters have insomnia. However, with such privilege comes a cost. The players are treated like princes, and can use the Roosters as a holiday retreat. Thinking they won't have to work as hard, or put in the same efforts. Well the Roosters woke up to that last season. With Carney, Myles and co moving on. The Roosters will eventually rise again, but their underlying wealthy culture, comes with its costs. If they ever get a no nonsense Craig Bellamy coaching there, watch out. But they've already tried that in the past. With Bennet, who knocked them back. The great coaches want total control, but the Roosters board need someone who'll totally cooperate.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  18. omg_old
    Join:

omg_old Guest

LMAO at that, I do how ever think Mini is at the end of it and I definitely am not an Anasta Fan. The unknown one's I do find interesting because they are all hyped as much as Hurrell apart from Henry and had more than one club chasing them. If you don't think SKD,Perrett,Leilua, wouldn't get an NRL contract in a hurry"don't bogart that joint puff puff give" and Taikirangi played with merit at the end of the year
    I do think there spine needs some attention, but Friend and Pierce are guns and Im a big Cherrington,FPN,Guerra fan, they are guns, Arona and Cordner go good as well. I'm still not over having Aubusson in my fantasy team last year yet though, I hold Smith responsible for his dismal showing :D.
    This year is a funny year because you can make a case for every team if your unbiased..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  19. HD_old
    Join:

HD_old Guest

Why would any name team want Perrett or Leilua? They're both any-man!

My reaction is probably harsh, but If I'm trying to win games rather than lose I'm not looking at my SR as the problem. Then again I don't give a shit for SBW.

20. omg_old
    Join:

omg_old Guest

Perrett is an absolute gun and Leilua has produced some absolutley freakish stuff, he seems to be a better center than a winger and is just 20, he turns 21 in December. Roosters have a very young team and love him or hate him SBW is a magnificent Rugby League player that can offload as well as Mateo has pace like a center and can hit like Masoe. If he comes back to the beautiful game it will be good for the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.