General The Rumour Mill

kiwi man_old

i dont no what the signing of joel moon will do, when he plays 5/8 he is very ropati like ALTHOUGH in sayin that, he has truck loads of potential, and was at one stage earmarked as lockyers replacement in the number 6 jersey, very capable in the centers also, if he is replacing shortland then we have done very well there
and on lillyman.. i really dont like that signing but i will hold any comments til we see him play

Iafeta_old

Bit up in the air about that one. He's very raw. Hasn't really coped all that well with first grade yet. You are right, he was talked up as the next D Lockyer, but I'd like to see some runs on the board first.

Matrix_old

i dont no what the signing of joel moon will do, when he plays 5/8 he is very ropati like ALTHOUGH in sayin that, he has truck loads of potential, and was at one stage earmarked as lockyers replacement in the number 6 jersey, very capable in the centers also, if he is replacing shortland then we have done very well there
and on lillyman.. i really dont like that signing but i will hold any comments til we see him play

I was watching Moon last week & he played a blinder in a losing team kicked well & made a few good breaks But i thought i read/heard somewhere he'd signed with BNE or another club already but don't quote me on that Also Lillyman might just be our next K Campion here's hoping !!!

MiXmasterreece_old

If we were to sign someone in the halves it would have to be someone of the ilk of moon. A lot of potential but yet to step up and make themselves counted.

Iafeta_old

The Storm were mad keen on him last year. They were desperate to get him from recollection.

I guess if Melbourne sees something in you, given their track record, he can't be that bad huh. He does possess a long kick, but he's very raw. Last weekend Brisbane really tried to rely on him to run the show and it just didn't click well at all. They needed more of Hunt in the front line organising the attack. That's just my opinion, obviously the likes of Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bennett feel a little bit differently on him.

I've shopped around for a few opinions on him elsewhere, apparently he was the pick of the Australian schoolboys that featured quite a few NRL stars like Chris Lawrence, the Morris boys etc. I have no doubt he has massive potential because the wrap on him is huge, I just would love to see a proven performer run our team around the park. Beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

attila_the_gorilla

Right. Even if we snatch him, I think he would play in centre for a while, in Ropati`s spot. But see what happens. Someone here said the Warriors are announcing another signing tomorrow, we should find out soon enough.

garyhobson_old

Would you start them that way in 2009?

Are they both ready to go into the first grade without an experienced half to guide them through?

Are the Warriors capable of winning with a halves pairing with a combined NRL experience of 0 matches?

Or would you bring one in to share with a regular first grader, then bring in the other?

Ideally an exprienced half playing alongside one of them. Out of the options we have it would probably have to be Michael Witt at five eight and Isaac John at halfback. We wont win the comp in 2009 with 2 inexperienced halves, but we will be on the right track for future seasons. We have to accomodate Kevin Locke in the 13, but with Wade McKinnon at fullback, Denan Kemp & Manu Vatuvei on the wings, Im eyeing Kevin Locke out as a five eight, since he's a good attacking instintive footballer and it will give us two attacking options either side of the field, which keeps the opposition on defence guessing.

Kid-Dynamite_old

We have to accomodate Kevin Locke in the 13, but with Wade McKinnon at fullback, Denan Kemp & Manu Vatuvei on the wings, Im eyeing Kevin Locke out as a five eight, since he's a good attacking instintive footballer and it will give us two attacking options either side of the field, which keeps the opposition on defence guessing.

Yea, you could be right.

Webby played a bit of 6 before he got the lead role as the fullback.

Kevin Locke might have to do the same!

attila_the_gorilla

Broncos got the win, Joel Moon scored a good try, but apart from that he was almost invisible on the field. Hunt and Ennis did most of the last tackle plays, Moon made about 5 passes, 5 kicks and 5 tackles in the game. Underwhelming.

Tajhay_old

ummm the courier mail (local paper in bris) today said that joel moon has taken the option of another year in brisbane.....although it did say that brisbane might still let the players go (darius boyd another who has taken up the option..but still linked to st george) if they received higher offers elsewhere.

joel moon has been talked up a lot here in brisbane...and most bronco fans have so far been disappointed that the hype has not matched the performance (dare i say kinda like fai).

i would prefer the warriors target other avenues at fixing the halves issue we currently have. i.e. ask melbourne if they are in cap trouble and then offer to take cooper cronk off em :) ...there really is not much on the open market and i hope we dont end up wasting cap space on a multi year deal for someone like moon when it might affect who we might be able to buy should good halves come up next year (assuming moon does a rovelli).

playdaball_old

ummm the courier mail (local paper in bris) today said that joel moon has taken the option of another year in brisbane.....although it did say that brisbane might still let the players go (darius boyd another who has taken up the option..but still linked to st george) if they received higher offers elsewhere.

joel moon has been talked up a lot here in brisbane...and most bronco fans have so far been disappointed that the hype has not matched the performance (dare i say kinda like fai).

i would prefer the warriors target other avenues at fixing the halves issue we currently have. i.e. ask melbourne if they are in cap trouble and then offer to take cooper cronk off em :) ...there really is not much on the open market and i hope we dont end up wasting cap space on a multi year deal for someone like moon when it might affect who we might be able to buy should good halves come up next year (assuming moon does a rovelli).

You'll be gutted as he'll be at Mt Smartin 2009.