General The last decade

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Don’t know if this deserves its own thread but didn’t know where to put it...
In the last 10 years we’ve managed to make the finals 3 times- 2010, 2011 and 2018- with one of them culminating in a gf.
Heres how we stack up with the competition..... 12th on 45%

435DC92E-6C4E-498E-94E5-2E0357C6AB39.jpeg

Individual highlights have been our 2 golden boots- Sj and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and 1 dally m- again Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

James Maloney finished the decade 2nd for points scored (although most of them weren’t with us).
Feleti Mateo 4th for most offloads (mostly for other clubs).
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 5th for most Meters run (again a lot of them were for the roosters).
Mannering 5th most tackles.
Sj 5th for most forced restarts.

For me personally our most memorable win had to be the 2011 semi final against the storm.
Best individual try- Sj’s scorcher against the broncos.
Best team try- the Nathan friend backflip.
Warriors player of the decade- Simon mannering.

According to zero tackle this was our team of the decade...

F488E09F-2CE2-467C-8346-3134AB081E5D.jpeg

Last edited:

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Don’t know if this deserves its own thread but didn’t know where to put it...
In the last 10 years we’ve managed to make the finals 3 times- 2010, 2011 and 2018- with one of them culminating in a gf.
Heres how we stack up with the competition..... 12th on 45%

View attachment 41925

Individual highlights have been our 2 golden boots- Sj and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and 1 dally m- again Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

James Maloney finished the decade 2nd for points scored (although most of them weren’t with us).
Feleti Mateo 4th for most offloads (mostly for other clubs).
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 5th for most Meters run (again a lot of them were for the roosters).
Sj 5th for most forced restarts.

For me personally our most memorable win had to be the 2011 semi final against the storm.
Best individual try- Sj’s scorcher against the broncos.
Best team try- the Nathan friend backflip.
Warriors player of the decade- Simon mannering.

According to zero tackle this was our team of the decade...

View attachment 41926
Did Ropati play in this decade?

Reactions: Off The Bench

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Retired 2014- likely got the nod due to lack of competition (kata got the other spot....) strange since nz has produced so many great centers over the years but in the last 20 years we’ve really come up with fark all.
Yeah he was a good player but he was pretty much injured the last 4 years at the Warriors, I remember his re-signing for the last 3 years being a bit of a head scratcher because he had had so many injuries

sballer7

1st Grade Fringe
May 21, 2015
What a sad looking decade.

Lillyman, Mannering and Luck in the back row together. Woof!
I know he hasnt been here long but Tohu Harris would have to be there somewhere. Tough call on Jake, but he barely played backrow for us. On another note, I can only imagine what could have been with Sonny Fai. No doubt he would've been there, probably still now, in fact playing on an edge. What a difference that wouldve made to our decade of mediocrity.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
I know he hasnt been here long but Tohu Harris would have to be there somewhere. Tough call on Jake, but he barely played backrow for us. On another note, I can only imagine what could have been with Sonny Fai. No doubt he would've been there, probably still now, in fact playing on an edge. What a difference that wouldve made to our decade of mediocrity.

Yeah in a parallel universe we could’ve had sonny and benry on the edges.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
For me:
1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2 Vatuvei
3 Hurrell (better player than Kata)
4 Ropati
5 Maumalo (switched sides)
6 Green - no-one else stands out to me - Leuluai was past it when here.
7 Maloney - for making the team better rather than individual brilliance over SJ
8 Price (retired mid-2010 so I’m including him!)
9 Luke (peak 2018)
10 Matulino
11 Mannering
12 Harris
13 Luck

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
For me:
1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2 Vatuvei
3 Hurrell (better player than Kata)
4 Ropati
5 Maumalo (switched sides)
7 Maloney - for making the team better rather than individual brilliance over SJ
8 Price (retired mid-2010 so I’m including him!)
9 Luke (peak 2018)
10 Matulino
11 Mannering
12 Harris
13 Luck

Green 43 games 22 wins 51%
Maloney 75 games 38 wins 51%
Leuluai 64 games 27 wins 42%
Sj 162 games 76 wins 47%

Sj had more wins than the rest did games.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Maloney played 63 of his 75 games for the Warriors in the 6 jumper (only 11 at halfback) so wouldn’t he be the logical choice there instead of the incredibly pedestrian Green? That would then free up room for our second best 7 of all time SJ.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Maloney played 63 of his 75 games for the Warriors in the 6 jumper (only 11 at halfback) so wouldn’t he be the logical choice there instead of the incredibly pedestrian Green? That would then free up room for our second best 7 of all time SJ.
Your legacy is defined when you look back a decade later at your career. SJ will be looked back on as a brilliant individual player but couldn’t lead the warriors team into the finals.

It only EVER happened for us when he had Maloney or Green running the team. When it was all on SJ, he looked good individually as the team failed miserably.

He should have been a 6 from the start as that was where he played best. He wanted the 7, he wanted the big salary and with that came an expectation he couldn’t live up to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blindside

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Your legacy is defined when you look back a decade later at your career. SJ will be looked back on as a brilliant individual player but couldn’t lead the warriors team into the finals.

It only EVER happened for us when he had Maloney or Green running the team. When it was all on SJ, he looked good individually as the team failed miserably.

He should have been a 6 from the start as that was where he played best.
Green hasn’t run shit, he was terrible from midway through 2018 when we made the finals that season. Only thing stopping this current team that Green is ‘running’ from getting the spoon is Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and even that might not be enough in 2020.

Reactions: OMG and Dave Brough

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2012
It is hard to believe next season willl be 9 years since the Warriors contested in the grand final. If you remember all three 3 grades were in the final, which in its self was a rarity.

For me personally, whilst it was a great day it was one of sadness. My Mum and Dad was supposed to be visiting from the UK for the baptism of my daughter and Father and Son would be attending there first GF together Australia. Unfortunately, my Dad was to kill to travel having only being diagnosed with abestosos related illness which he succumbed to by February the following year.

The club was primed to become a successful force over the coming years. Oh how quickly the wheels fell off the bus.

Hopefully the new decade will bring some new luck and direction.
Trying to keep the faith.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Green hasn’t run shit, he was terrible from midway through 2018 when we made the finals that season. Only thing stopping this current team that Green is ‘running’ from getting the spoon is Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and even that might not be enough in 2020.
I don’t think Green is exceptional, especially this late in his career, but at least he’s predictable and you can design a game plan around him rather than the ‘give it to SJ and see what happens’ game plan - which always happened to result in us missing the top 8.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
That would then free up room for our second best 7 of all time SJ.
Purely Warriors:

1 - Jones
2 - Maloney (5th, 6th GF, 14th) 51% wins
3 - SJ (6th GF, 14th, 11th, 9th, 13th, 10th, 13th, 8th) 47% win

Maloney has gone on to replicate the positive results he has on teams at other clubs. Results/ stats back SJ up as a below average number 7.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
It is hard to believe next season willl be 9 years since the Warriors contested in the grand final. If you remember all three 3 grades were in the final, which in its self was a rarity.

For me personally, whilst it was a great day it was one of sadness. My Mum and Dad was supposed to be visiting from the UK for the baptism of my daughter and Father and Son would be attending there first GF together Australia. Unfortunately, my Dad was to kill to travel having only being diagnosed with abestosos related illness which he succumbed to by February the following year.

The club was primed to become a successful force over the coming years. Oh how quickly the wheels fell off the bus.

Hopefully the new decade will bring some new luck and direction.
Trying to keep the faith.
We had a sandy foundation bro. NSW cup team were padded with players that would not kick on and we were deluded by faux success with U20s.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Purely Warriors:

1 - Jones
2 - Maloney (5th, 6th GF, 14th) 51% wins
3 - SJ (6th GF, 14th, 11th, 9th, 13th, 10th, 13th, 8th) 47% win

Maloney has gone on to replicate the positive results he has on teams at other clubs. Results/ stats back SJ up as a below average number 7.

Hmm u missed Stacey’s winning percentage of 44%.
If Johnson’s stats say he’s below average what does that say about Stacey?:eek:

Last Game

19 Jun

06 - 10
4.4 Total Avg Rating
5.4 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 16 ratings