NRL Referees

Obviously...the NRL won't spend the money.
Reffing is actually quite satisfying. I used to ref junior grades. I learned to ignore the idiots on the sidelines, and because it was junior footy there was no grief from the administration.
Just gotta say, if you want to get abused, try umpiring cricket!!!! :eek: :eek:
I have a mate, an Indian guy, he said that with the influx of Indian kids into the local game the pressure on umpires has really increased.
one of my mates in NZ has a son who plays softball, he has to wear a fluro vest and walk the sidelines asking the parents to calm down. Not sure its just cricket.

one of my mates in NZ has a son who plays softball, he has to wear a fluro vest and walk the sidelines asking the parents to calm down. Not sure its just cricket.
Which is my point, it has always been part of the job. I think maybe the personal stuff online might be different.

Always part of the job or that's always been normal doesn't mean it's right though. Parents on the sidelines should stfu and let the kids play.

NRL coaches and commentators are the bigger problem.

Fans have always been abusive, I doubt much has changed there.

Every week coaches are blaming refs for losses more and more.

Commentators though are by far the biggest issue. The so called "voices of the game" and yet they never shut up about the refs. Johns has to be far and away the worst but as more ex players have come into the commentary box (Ennis, Parker etc) the worse it's gotten, probably because they think that's what commentating is.

All that shit filters down to lower grades.

I feel like they should be able to enforce rules such as, if abuse the refs on the sidelines, then your kid will get suspended or your club gets a fine.

Won't be as simplistic as that but you get my drift.

I feel like they should be able to enforce rules such as, if abuse the refs on the sidelines, then your kid will get suspended or your club gets a fine.

Won't be as simplistic as that but you get my drift.
You can send anyone from the stadium and not restart the game until they have gone.

the 10m penalty given by the ref to bring Penrith down our end right before that try- go look at the replay.

Nikoure was behind TMM when he kicked it putting everyone on side when he got to Dylan Edwards first... how is that a 10m penalty...??????

Please explain that one to me ref????????

Only the kicker can put an offside player back onside. In this case Walker was offside from the kick and got involved in the play. He was correctly called offside and penalised.

Does this really need it's own thread?
Why not? Might be educational for any posters who don't understand the rules. Can also be used so that Post game threads don't get clogged up with misguided ref blaming posts :)

Also, we have Ref on the forum who can help clear up anything as well

I can change the thread name if it helps to exclude my main man Beastmode Beastmode if it makes it more inclusive for you. Or you can just ignore the thread if its all a bit too much

Why not? Might be educational for any posters who don't understand the rules. Can also be used so that Post game threads don't get clogged up with misguided ref blaming posts :)

Also, we have Ref on the forum who can help clear up anything as well

I can change the thread name if it helps to exclude my main man Beastmode Beastmode if it makes it more inclusive for you. Or you can just ignore the thread if its all a bit too much
So it's a thread about refereeing decision? Isn't that what the Referee thread is for?

So it's a thread about refereeing decision? Isn't that what the Referee thread is for?
Is it? The referee thread appears to me to be about bias and individual refs. I would like a thread that is separate to that and discusses rules and interpretations, particularly on contentious issues - like the CNK tackle or even things that need clarifying like offside from kicks. I know posters like Lance155 appreciate not having to go through post game threads clogged up with things like these and it makes sense to put them in a place where they can be discussed and clarified without derailing a thread. It also allows people to steer clear if it isn't something they want to read or be involved in.

We had that game years ago where Ryan James was in front of the play the ball and interfered. The Warriors got penalized for an infringement where we were arguing Ryan James was out of play.

The referees look like they know that rule now as the pull it up quite often.

My point maybe they could use this thread to learn about the rules as well.

Is it? The referee thread appears to me to be about bias and individual refs. I would like a thread that is separate to that and discusses rules and interpretations, particularly on contentious issues - like the CNK tackle or even things that need clarifying like offside from kicks. I know posters like Lance155 appreciate not having to go through post game threads clogged up with things like these and it makes sense to put them in a place where they can be discussed and clarified without derailing a thread. It also allows people to steer clear if it isn't something they want to read or be involved in.
Lance won’t won’t want to trawl through this stuff so let’s tag lance in so he will come here 🤣

Back