General The decline of Ericsson crowds

PB_old

Sinbad said:
Maybe some free giveaways to the crowd. here at Jade Stadium they use a canon to shout a few shirts into the crowd and have lucky seat numbers and a few other things to spice it up. They ven do this at the Canterbury Rams basketball games . it works !

They had the canon there today. Dudes draped in Lion Red flags who are really bad shots. They got one T-shirt on the East Stand roof, two on the awning beneath the corporate boxes and another in one of them.

warriors_ballboy_CEO_old

one went over the south stand so i ran behind the stand on pickd it up. When i got it everyone was like running behind me.

Jackal_old

LeagueNut said:
Have people finally stopped caring? Has the rot passed the point of no return?

Yes unfortunately. I have better things to do than watch a bunch of overpaid amatures stuff up every week. sad but true

Northern_Union

Jackal said:
LeagueNut said:

Yes unfortunately. I have better things to do than watch a bunch of overpaid amatures stuff up every week. sad but true

Unfortunately you aint the only one saying this now

Skinny_Ravs82

Jackal said:
LeagueNut said:

In the games I went to lost year...win or lose I always enjoyed it. If I wasn't living in melbourne I'd still be going to those games and having fun. But we're all different.

Jackal_old

RS_Dragon said:
Jackal said:
LeagueNut said:

yeah i know :(

I might take the rest of the season off and pay a bit of interest again next year, save myself 2 hrs of torture a week

Skinny_Ravs82

Jackal said:
RS_Dragon said:
Jackal said:
LeagueNut said:

I might take the rest of the season off and pay a bit of interest again next year, save myself 2 hrs of torture a week

That's a shame. But when it comes to the Warriors...there are times when those tortures are actually good ;)

teariki_old

Jackal said:
RS_Dragon said:
Jackal said:
LeagueNut said:

Unfortunately, I don't see the Warriors performing any better next season. Management is offloading most of the players with the biggest salaries and they are the players who have been the best performers or are among the most experienced. Without a core of experienced and good players the team will have to rebuild. And you just can't throw in a bunch of inexperienced players and imports and expect to perform as a well-oiled team within a season capable of challenging for the top eight, let along the trophy.

playdaball_old

I agree with earlier comments it comes down to one thing ... winning!

Therefore the crowds will continue to decline for some time.

I was there yesterday and I can tell you that some of the crowds around 1999 were smaller than yesterday's attendance.

mosh_old

How many players were added to the 2002 squad from the 2001 squad?

If we have a completely new team next year, minus:

-Webb
-Villasante
-Toopi
-Tuimavave
-Guttenbiel

Basically we will therefore have 5 new players in 2007. Thats an excuse for us not to finish in the 8 and have another "rebuilding year". In 2002 we only had 2 players who were added to the 2001 side and 2 debutants.