General The coach. Is he the man for the Warriors?

Is Mclennan up to coaching the Warriors?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
slide.jpg

Disclaimer: I am referring to our coach as Shitlennan, but I am being honest and serious with this post. It is not a troll. Feel free to call him whatever you want, this is just the name I will be calling him.

Personally I feel that no, he is not. Will post more in depth thoughts later, wanted to get maximum feedback by poster the question now, though.

Reaction score

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
who knows. what coach has ever looked good at the warriors. they have been underachievers since their inception

Reaction score
sunburywarrior

sunburywarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yo kearney bro you need a job?....

Reaction score
warriors8

warriors8

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
who knows. what coach has ever looked good at the warriors. they have been underachievers since their inception
2002, 2003, 2008. 2011 years stand out to me

Reaction score
Inruin

Inruin

Kata Fan Club - Colonel
Contributor
Reaction score
we need to get rid of this 'oh we always make a late run, we are the warriors' mentality. i'm over it. no other team would accept this. so many close games we should have won and still looks to me like we learnt nothing. where is the structure i keep hearing about? where is the game plan? where are our options? i would have thought that these were basic things that should have been instilled from the opening rounds. not continually trying to make up every week. daniel anderson is not coaching at the moment either

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

On compassionate leave
Reaction score
Does the dolphin come with a trainer? Does it make cute sounds on cue?

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
"Judge me by round six onwards..." He said, didn't he? Well mate, it's way past that time and my final judgement is not pretty. Not at all.

Reaction score
Xt1ncT

Xt1ncT

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Sam Lousi on the bench until the 75th minute.

Waste of an interchange player - but he looked good when on.

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
Sam Lousi on the bench until the 75th minute.

Waste of an interchange player - but he looked good when on.

He had already played a game today, so I assume that's the reasoning.

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Does the dolphin come with a trainer? Does it make cute sounds on cue?
It will also jump through hoops!

Gameplans will get a little bit wet, but Flipper's rationale is that soggy plans are better than no plans. Flipper hopes to field the first NRL player of Dophin descent by 2018 and to expand the clubs reach beyond the shore of Auckland. A merchandising shop is tentatively planned for 2015.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I voted no, but will add "not yet", to my vote, and cross my fingers.

I believe he needs to learn the importance of defence over attack (but only slightly, not to the extent of Ivan's style). I was not happy to hear that he told the guys to not defend the lead and keep it up, at half time. Sometimes you need to know when to concentrate on defence.

He also needs to learn to adapt his gameplan to the game. This idea of setting out your bench before the game and not deviating is ridiculous. Mateo should not have been benched at the 30 minute mark. He should have stayed on and continued his good touches. Sam Lousi should also have been brought on a little earlier. We didn't have any opbvious spark to score the winner. A new guy with a mean offload and the ability to stand in the tackle, as well as his little "reach around" move could have been handy 10 minutes earlier.

I also hate seeing the whole bench being rotated at once. Give each player a couple of minutes to click before introducing the next. Otherwise you end up with 3 or 4 cold players trying to get into the team rhythm.

But I'm hoping he is just a slow learner and an intense off-season look at his coaching will give him a wake up.

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I voted no, but will add "not yet", to my vote, and cross my fingers.

I believe he needs to learn the importance of defence over attack (but only slightly, not to the extent of Ivan's style). I was not happy to hear that he told the guys to not defend the lead and keep it up, at half time. Sometimes you need to know when to concentrate on defence.

He also needs to learn to adapt his gameplan to the game. This idea of setting out your bench before the game and not deviating is ridiculous. Mateo should not have been benched at the 30 minute mark. He should have stayed on and continued his good touches. Sam Lousi should also have been brought on a little earlier. We didn't have any opbvious spark to score the winner. A new guy with a mean offload and the ability to stand in the tackle, as well as his little "reach around" move could have been handy 10 minutes earlier.

I also hate seeing the whole bench being rotated at once. Give each player a couple of minutes to click before introducing the next. Otherwise you end up with 3 or 4 cold players trying to get into the team rhythm.

But I'm hoping he is just a slow learner and an intense off-season look at his coaching will give him a wake up.
Great post man, 'mirin your level head in the wake of DAT game.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Great post man, 'mirin your level head in the wake of DAT game.
I'm desperately clinging to the fact that we are usually in this position now anyway, and usually make the 8.

Reactions: Moz
Reaction score
Sebastian

Sebastian

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Well butter her up, cutter up, and toss her in the van. That was the last loss, i'll accept, where they have the ability to learn something. Maloney's lost us countless games for differing reasons. Shaun's not playing to his potential. Our scructure out wide, in defense. When we gain the advantage in a grind. Someone does something clueless, including the coach. Another penalty loss, 5-2 at our home ground, what a joke. But we really, really should have won this one anyway.

This in a team with a bright, safe future, with talent galore. Bluey's obviously failed this season. Still don't think the right thing to do was crap on him endlessly especially before a real nail in the coffin like this. But i suppose everyone has their levels of patience.

I can put my hand on my heart and say this season we should've been above the following teams, Brisbane, Cronulla, Wests, and especially Souths after we had thrashed them. But even that thrashing wasn't as good as it should've been. Letting in 22 points in when 10-14 at the most would've been enough. So if we had the potential, to be better than all of those teams, why oh why. Are we stuck down, where, 10th is it now? Yes, now the coach, has failed to a degree. Only a miracle to save us, but the season so far has been heartbreaking because all season we've been losing to teams we should've beaten. What happens from here, how much failure will Owen except. When do options become a spoken point?

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'm desperately clinging to the fact that we are usually in this position now anyway, and usually make the 8.
LEAVE NOW! Your hopes will be crushed if you're here between now and er...2013ish when we win the meaningless trial games haha.

Reaction score

Waiting For Premiership

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Well at least the team took Bluey the Clowns advice today !!!! As stated 3hrs before the game Clown said that this match was NOT a "must win match" Owen Glenn must be thinking What The F#ck!!! we're playing at home and need 10 points out of the 14 remaining to finish 7 or 8th ....Bluey F Off, and take Taylor, Omar ,Mannering & Tupou with you. You've been judged way after 6 rounds now go back to super league.

Reaction score
Moz

Moz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
theres no rhyme or reason to who we beat or who we lose to week to week its a roll of the dice with this team flatten the storm one week and could very well roll over pants down ass up for the EELS next week. No way we should be above Brisbane they're more consistant than we've ever been excepting 2002.

fuck sake just watched Merrit run in another would swap half our backline for his pace

Reaction score
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
we need to get rid of this 'oh we always make a late run, we are the warriors' mentality. i'm over it. no other team would accept this. so many close games we should have won and still looks to me like we learnt nothing. where is the structure i keep hearing about? where is the game plan? where are our options? i would have thought that these were basic things that should have been instilled from the opening rounds. not continually trying to make up every week. daniel anderson is not coaching at the moment either
Haven't seen many posts I've agreed with more than this. The 'learnt nothing' and lack of structure are unforgivable imo. The lack of basics prepared over the off season is appalling. These failings and the late run are almost ingrained club culture now. One of my main beefs with the club over the years is that we've reached a decent(ish) level of success despite these failings, and it's allowed us to ignore them.

Inability to make the team gel consistently aside, every time I've seen the guy interviewed I just want him to shut the hell up - almost looks like the players feel the same. I know it's his first season in the NRL, but how the hell can a team look to lack so much cohesion, and players seem so unaware of their basic roles at this stage of the year?

I didn't know enough about Shitlennan before he got the job, and was gutted we lost Cleary, so I sat on the fence. Now I say he can fuck right off so we can get Anderson back to the club so he can make amends for that stupid halftime 'speech' in the '02 Grand Final, as long as he's allowed lay down the law and not pussyfoot around player egos and cultural over-sensitivities. Hell, I'd even happily see Iro take over at this stage.

As stated 3hrs before the game Clown said that this match was NOT a "must win match"
That should be a sackable offence right there.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Well at least the team took Bluey the Clowns advice today !!!! As stated 3hrs before the game Clown said that this match was NOT a "must win match" Owen Glenn must be thinking What The F#ck!!! we're playing at home and need 10 points out of the 14 remaining to finish 7 or 8th ....Bluey F Off, and take Taylor, Omar ,Mannering & Tupou with you. You've been judged way after 6 rounds now go back to super league.
After tonight, I have to agree with the Mannering comment. He is an attack killer. When they start to shift the ball weide and it goes to him, he will almost always hold the ball and cut infield. Never works, just kills momentum. Taylor, I love his passion, but his aim is shocking. How often does he miss the man when he comes up out of the line. Perhaps he should get his eyes checked. It helped Manu. Tupou, is great injury cover, but not sure who he has been covering for all this time. And I feel sorry for Omar. How can he be expected to provide much in the way of attack inside Benry. There seems to be an inability to pass to his left. But I reckon once Omar breaks his duck, he will be away and running.

Reaction score
Magic Stick

Magic Stick

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
We will not make the 8 in 2012 or 2013 with Bluey as coach...cant be bothered going over the comedy that is Bluey and the dumbness and mentally weakness of this team

The Warriors need to start looking for a new coach if they are serious about winning...all very well with the announcements midweek,but if the top team is mud you will always be 1 step forward 1 step back as a club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom