General 2023 Week 1 Finals Opponents

Playing devils advocate, who would you rather play in the preliminary final. Broncos at Suncorp , Melbourne at AAMI or Penrith at Accor Stadium.
This is if we lost in first round next week.
If we win next week then 1&2 will be in same side of draw, but we would play Storm in Auckland. Obviously as long as top teams win.

I have a better idea for finals format -

Minor prems (H) - pick their opponent
2nd (H) - pick theirs
3rd (H) pick theirs
4th (H) play whoever is left

McIntyre-like system where the 2 bottom losers depart and the top 2 winners get a week off
Warren Ryan talked about this system and it was really entertaining.

Sides that get picked by the big boys would certainly fire up thanks to the "oh so you don't rate us" factor.

For that reason alone it would be a good laugh to see it.

Brisbane are there for the taking. Let’s win today and lock in a game at Suncorp against them week 1.

I would love us to go up against Reece Walsh, Haas, Carigan and Reynolds week 1. We have always done well at Suncorp and I reckon we’d be a red hot chance to upset them and go straight into the prelim.

Winning today with our Reggie’s would be quite the statement. Next week we will be primed.

My mate going to the Dolphins game today would definitely love the opportunity to see his boys at full strength the following week, so I'm hoping for Broncos in a packed cauldron with the Waaaaaaarrrriorrrrrrssss chant at full volume hah!

Interesting Broncos chose to rest players rather than cement the minor premiership

Shows where getting a minor premiership vs resting, sits with some clubs …

Penrith did it last year but I guess after they got their pants pulled down at home they need a kick up the butt to get their mojo back

Cows gonna be a tough assignment …

Interesting Broncos chose to rest players rather than cement the minor premiership

Shows where getting a minor premiership vs resting, sits with some clubs …

Penrith did it last year but I guess after they got their pants pulled down at home they need a kick up the butt to get their mojo back

Cows gonna be a tough assignment …
I think the only reason the Panthers aren’t resting players is because if they did and lost to the Cows, a team miss out on finals to the Cows and the integrity of the comp would be challenged. The NRL has probably had a word to them behind the scenes…

That team would be the Raiders - could you imagine Sticky!

I think the only reason the Panthers aren’t resting players is because if they did and lost to the Cows, a team miss out on finals to the Cows and the integrity of the comp would be challenged. The NRL has probably had a word to them behind the scenes…

That team would be the Raiders - could you imagine Sticky!
Interesting theory

He’s doing this for Ricky and Canberra?? 🤔

Win or lose
Surely that's a stuff-up. Not that that's ever happened from New Zealand media before :p They've simply quoted the New Zealand time rather than the Time Zone Time.

If it's like last season, we play on Friday 10pm NZT so 8pm ADT.
Correct, the Friday late game every week is always 550 in Perth so 750 AEST

Back