Weight (kg)
104 kg
Position/s
  1. Second Row
Warrior #
Warriors Debut Date
Apr 30, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
April 30 2023, Round 9 vs Sydney Roosters at Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2023
  2. 2024
Signed From
De La Salle College
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demitric_Sifakula
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/demitric-sifakula/summary.html
NameDemitric Sifakula
Born15 March 2004 (Auckland, New Zealand)
Height183cm
Weight104kg
PositionLock, Second Row, Prop
Warriors Player Number#280
Warriors DebutRound 9 vs. Sydney Roosters, 03 March 2023
Warriors Career2023-
Representative-
Junior ClubOtahuhu Leopards

Demitric Sifakula (born 15 March 2004) is a New Zealand rugby league footballer who plays as a second-row for the New Zealand Warriors in the National Rugby League (NRL).

Sifakula was born in Auckland, New Zealand. He was educated at De La Salle College, Māngere East. He was an Otahuhu Leopards junior.

Sikakula was first signed by the New Zealand Warriors in 2019 as a 15-year-old from the Otahuhu Leopards. In 2023, after impressive performances in the lower grades, and in the Warriors opening trial fixture, Sifakula was upgraded to a top 30 contract and re-signed until the end of 2025.

Sifakula made his first grade debut in his side's 14−0 loss to the Sydney Roosters at Mount Smart Stadium in round 9 of the 2023 NRL season. In his second match against the Penrith Panthers, Sikakula was sent to the sin bin by referee Todd Smith for apparently striking Penrith's Nathan Cleary. Sikakula was not charged by the NRL match review over the incident.

Highly-rated back rower Demitric Sifakula moved into the One New Zealand Warriors’ fulltime NRL squad in February after being secured to the end of the 2025 season. The Otahuhu Leopards junior was upgraded from a development contract after first being signed by the club as a 15-year-old.

He impressed in his debut for the club when he started in the second row in the 48-12 Preseason Challenge win over Wests Tigers at Go Media Stadium in February and was also used in the final trial against Melbourne in Christchurch a week later.

After outstanding performances with the New South Wales Cup side, Sifakula was selected to make his NRL debut as Warrior #280 in the ninth-round match against the Roosters. He had a 19-minute stint off the bench and reprised the role the following week against Penrith when he had 23 minutes off the bench making 34 metres from four runs with three tackle breaks, and off load and 20 tackles without a miss. He returned for a third outing in the round 13 clash against Brisbane in Napier but the rest of his campaign was hampered by knee injuries including a season-ending ACL setback.

In his 12 New South Wales Cup appearances this year he scored four tries while averaging 93 metres and 26 tackles a game with five line breaks and 38 tackle breaks.

Sifakula juggled rugby league and rugby union at school level when he played for De La Salle College’s First XV. Re-signed by the One New Zealand Warriors as a 17-year-old, he was based in Australia training with the club in 2022 where he made his debut for feeder club Redcliffe in the Queensland colts’ competition.

He featured in each of the Dolphins’ last six matches of the season, scoring two tries – one of them in the side’s grand final defeat – and averaging 105 metres and making 28 tackle breaks.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 8.58.36 AM.png
Screenshot from the official Warriors site of Demitric Sifakula bio as of 17/10/2023...

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the Stars of the Juniors, him and Ali. There are others but there is a lot of hype around him.

Would be good to see him push into FG next year, even if it is on a graduated game here game there trajectory.

You wonder about these guys, whether they understand this is their shot in life, whether they really get that they should be training themselves like Olympic athletes.

One of the Stars of the Juniors, him and Ali. There are others but there is a lot of hype around him.

Would be good to see him push into FG next year, even if it is on a graduated game here game there trajectory.

You wonder about these guys, whether they understand this is their shot in life, whether they really get that they should be training themselves like Olympic athletes.
This is one kid you wont have to worry about. He is incredibly grounded and mentally mature. He gets it. If he doesn't make it it wont be through a lack of trying. Theres a reason why players like Sironen and Curran are being allowed to leave. Its because of juniors like Demitric and the potential the club know he has and will realise...

I really liked what I saw from Demitric this year. Really looking forward to see him back in FG. I get a feeling he will be a starter for us for many years.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HQXKqKv2j8

What about the try saver at the end there :ROFLMAO: That was unbelievable.
Yeah I almost forget about this guy because I’m so excited about leka but he’s another good one for sure.
Wouldn’t expect too much from him this year coming off an acl but looks like he’s got a good future ahead of him.

Yeah I almost forget about this guy because I’m so excited about leka but he’s another good one for sure.
Wouldn’t expect too much from him this year coming off an acl but looks like he’s got a good future ahead of him.
I really like his footwork before he hits the line. So many younger players just try and bulldoze their way past players.

I reckon he would have played more first grade if he wasn’t injured a time or two.

Didn't realise the wheels he had on him until looking at those Dolphins and NSW Cup highlights, hope he can hold onto it after getting his ACL right

We do have a relatively short crop of young forwards coming through at the moment though.. Ale, Demitric, Zyon Maiu’u and TSS are all 6ft & Leka and Patrick Moimoi are 6'1.

If people think Niukore and Barnett are small, they ain't seen nothing yet.. Seriously, we can't see them, they all are so short /s

Didn't realise the wheels he had on him until looking at those Dolphins and NSW Cup highlights, hope he can hold onto it after getting his ACL right

We do have a relatively short crop of young forwards coming through at the moment though.. Ale, Demitric, Zyon Maiu’u and TSS are all 6ft & Leka and Patrick Moimoi are 6'1.

If people think Niukore and Barnett are small, they ain't seen nothing yet.. Seriously, we can't see them, they all are so short /s
Kepu’s would have been among the bigger guys we had coming through. You got any idea if it was injuries or attitude that saw the club part ways with them?

Kepu’s would have been among the bigger guys we had coming through. You got any idea if it was injuries or attitude that saw the club part ways with them?

I am no inside source, but from everything on the old forum (Rocco Berry rest its soul) it sounded mostly like attitude.

That said, I played prop against Aorere College in 2019 (against both of them, when we were all year 13) and I seriously didn't take any notice of them, so honestly, as harsh as it sounds, I wouldn't be surprised if they simply just weren't all that good, and only got so far due to their size.

Shitttt, come to think of it I was a 6ft prop, the Warriors should've signed me ffs 😂

I am no inside source, but from everything on the old forum (Rocco Berry rest its soul) it sounded mostly like attitude.

That said, I played prop against Aorere College in 2019 (against both of them, when we were all year 13) and I seriously didn't take any notice of them, so honestly, as harsh as it sounds, I wouldn't be surprised if they simply just weren't all that good, and only got so far due to their size.

Shitttt, come to think of it I was a 6ft prop, the Warriors should've signed me ffs 😂
Can recall you mentioning Josiah Karapani and saw he’s not at the rabbitohs now. You got any idea where he’s headed?

That’s quite small for a dinosaur 🤔

Can recall you mentioning Josiah Karapani and saw he’s not at the rabbitohs now. You got any idea where he’s headed?

Didn't even know he had been let go honestly.. the best I have got is a few people on the Rabbitohs forum saying the Broncos or the Storm

He was the 18th man a few times this year iirc, so unless he has gone and done something really stupid (I wouldn't think so but hardly impossible) I wouldn't be surprised if that was a release he asked for, given them signing Wighton on top of the depth they have in their outside backs already

Didn't even know he had been let go honestly.. the best I have got is a few people on the Rabbitohs forum saying the Broncos or the Storm

He was the 18th man a few times this year iirc, so unless he has gone and done something really stupid (I wouldn't think so but hardly impossible) I wouldn't be surprised if that was a release he asked for, given them signing Wighton on top of the depth they have in their outside backs already
Just going off posts I saw on their forum, it was mentioned late to multiple trainings and was cut.